Recent Topics

Ads

Balancing Kotbs VS Chossen!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
warhammer12345

Balancing Kotbs VS Chossen!

Post#1 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:04 pm

I've been playing a kotbs since the live server. With heart and selee. That this is a private server or not the balancing here totally failed !!! The Chossen comes to 70% Parri without much effort. Without much to be able to. The kotbs comes with hang and would be 50% parri. It's just ridiculous. Why does the chossen have a skill where he gets 25% Parri? The Kotbs must wear a tactic and a shield for this. Why? When it comes to chosen, it doesn't matter whether it's a shield or two-handed. Okay 10% block gets the kotbs. Block or parri. No harm comes through.

Why is the Kotbs put in the defensive drawer and the choss on the offensive ???

The Kotbs has become totally useless. The heal / ap aura has been adjusted okay I see. But why doesn't the Kotbs have a 25% parri buff like the Chossen ????

My opinion. Kotbs vs Chossen is no comparison. It's just ridiculous the two classes.

My proposition.

Shield Rush from Kotbs. Should get 10% when wearing a shield and two-handed. 25% Parri like the Chossen. That is when you chose to be fair!

thanks!

Ads
Illuminati

Re: Balancing Kotbs VS Chossen!

Post#2 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:11 pm

Sure. Give (Fix) Chosen’s Seeping Wound to be like Blazing Blade (which can crit and applies damage on application) and I’ll +1 your Parry request.

Oh, and fix Slayer Rampage so I can actually defend it on multiple classes so my +25% parry actually does something, or give Choppas rampage.

KOTBS are not completely worthless. They are good in WBs and in 6’s but they were gutted (after being the heavyweight champs mind you) for 1v1s for 12 years.
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

warhammer12345

Post#3 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:19 pm

Illuminati wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:11 pm Sure. Give (Fix) Chosen’s Seeping Wound to be like Blazing Blade (which can crit and applies damage on application) and I’ll +1 your Parry request.

Oh, and fix Slayer Rampage so I can actually defend it on multiple classes so my +25% parry actually does something, or give Choppas rampage.

KOTBS are not completely worthless. They are good in WBs and in 6’s but they were gutted (after being the heavyweight champs mind you) for 1v1s for 12 years.

My speech is now about KLotbs vs Chosen. I don't want to go into Slayer and Choppa. I'm interested in the two classes. Kotbs Chossen. Not more.

The heal / ap aura was adjusted okay. But why is it not adapted the other way around ???

Discorandt Winds. 20% less heal okay
Kotbs mighty soul he gets 15% more damage.

Why don't both get 20% less heal and good?

Nefarian78

Post#4 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:21 pm

warhammer12345 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:04 pm I've been playing a kotbs since the live server. With heart and selee. That this is a private server or not the balancing here totally failed !!! The Chossen comes to 70% Parri without much effort. Without much to be able to. The kotbs comes with hang and would be 50% parri. It's just ridiculous. Why does the chossen have a skill where he gets 25% Parri? The Kotbs must wear a tactic and a shield for this. Why? When it comes to chosen, it doesn't matter whether it's a shield or two-handed. Okay 10% block gets the kotbs. Block or parri. No harm comes through.

The Kotbs has become totally useless. The heal / ap aura has been adjusted okay I see. But why doesn't the Kotbs have a 25% parri buff like the Chossen ????

My opinion. Kotbs vs Chossen is no comparison. It's just ridiculous the two classes.

My proposition.

Shield Rush from Kotbs. Should get 10% when wearing a shield and two-handed. 25% Parri like the Chossen. That is when you chose to be fair!

thanks!
You kind of picked the most disproportionate pair to complain about the grass being greener on the other side. Kotbs are by far and wide the best tanks for both Smallscale and Largescale in Order and, arguably, the game.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

warhammer12345

Post#5 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:26 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:21 pm
warhammer12345 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:04 pm I've been playing a kotbs since the live server. With heart and selee. That this is a private server or not the balancing here totally failed !!! The Chossen comes to 70% Parri without much effort. Without much to be able to. The kotbs comes with hang and would be 50% parri. It's just ridiculous. Why does the chossen have a skill where he gets 25% Parri? The Kotbs must wear a tactic and a shield for this. Why? When it comes to chosen, it doesn't matter whether it's a shield or two-handed. Okay 10% block gets the kotbs. Block or parri. No harm comes through.

My proposition.

thanks!
You kind of picked the most disproportionate pair to complain about the grass being greener on the other side. Kotbs are by far and wide the best tanks for both Smallscale and Largescale in Order and, arguably, the game.

I just hear mimimi from a Destro. Play a kotbs and try to kick a 75% Parri chossen. It is damn impossible.

Answers Better to my questions than to cry.

Nefarian78

Post#6 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:29 pm

warhammer12345 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:26 pm I just hear mimimi from a Destro. Play a kotbs and try to kick a 75% Parri chossen. It is damn impossible.

Answers Better to my questions than to cry.
I'm at 62% unbuffed parry on my BO + an additional 15% from You Wot?!. Does that make BO op?
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

warhammer12345

Post#7 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:33 pm

You're confusing it again. I'm talking about Kotbs vs Chossen and not the other tank classes. I don't want to start with that.

ahorts

Post#8 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:09 pm

My proposition.

thanks!
The game is not balanced 1v1, Chosen and KOTBS are not perfect mirror classes: Chosen has more parry and does more damage than KOTBS, KOTBS has better group utility, which more than makes up for what Chosen has.
Vrede

Ads
warhammer12345

Post#9 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:29 pm

What does the Kotbs do for you if you don't parry let alone get every kick. It doesn't do anything. It is very difficult to kick a Chossen away. You can't get through the ultra parri values. Simply impossible. The Guard dmg. Guard is one of the main ingame skills. As a Kotbs you burst away faster than a choss. Because as kotbs you simply lack the 25% Parri. The bottom line is just ridiculous. Why doesn't the Kotbs have the 30% speed tactic when you interfere like the Chossen. This is just MEGA when you are in a Grp and kiting. Why can you take down vigilance? Why not a speed buff? Why not a Parri buff? that's just insanity.

warhammer12345

Post#10 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:29 pm

You just burst in the guard dmg. Fact.