Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] AoE spec too strong for city siege

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Bosli

Re: [WL] AoE spec too strong for city siege

Post#11 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:26 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:23 pm AP drain stacks, we fought in the past NRM who ran 4 maras with AP drains, our BWs had close to no AP left.
They can rotate KDs, they can rotate the disorient.
AP drain doesn't stack. With more Maras, you just have a higher chance to apply the debuff that drains the AP. I'm not sure if it can even be refreshed.
Also, with immunity, even a million AoE knockdowns don't help that much if they are only for 2 seconds.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#12 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:31 pm

Bosli wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:26 pm
Aurandilaz wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:23 pm AP drain stacks, we fought in the past NRM who ran 4 maras with AP drains, our BWs had close to no AP left.
They can rotate KDs, they can rotate the disorient.
AP drain doesn't stack. With more Maras, you just have a higher chance to apply the debuff that drains the AP. I'm not sure if it can even be refreshed.
Also, with immunity, even a million AoE knockdowns don't help that much if they are only for 2 seconds.
AP drain stacked just fine last year, any mention of it being changed? Most maras just don't use it, since they seem to prefer midtree for more crit.
The trick is to have rotating KDs while your warband advances from one pile of corpses to the next one.
The class has so much utility its even unfair for other Destro warband classes to compete with Mara.

Or devs could give mara utility tools to WL, and then you will see some real salt on forums when Destro has to deal with even more debuffing, more than the occasional aoe WL interrupt lmao.

userkiller

Post#13 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:35 pm

Aoe WL whine thread, lol interesting times indeed.
Revvo - WL

Lithenir

Post#14 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:38 pm

Stop these stupid crying Posts. Yesterday was the second City instance I got butchered by a lot of Choppas with mSH assist and 2 Magi. The AoE dmg with the tools of mSH and the constant Choppa AoE Pull is insane. And yet you don't see me crying on the forums.

WL can AoE interrupt, but thats with CD. Just look at the tools the destro classes I mentioned have and tell me which is really unfair

Miszczu5647

Post#15 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:43 pm

Fact is that some order wb try 6 WL setup. And it works. And that's good. Someone try something new. It's only good for the game. Now sit, think and find out how counter it. And go to city to do it.

Do not whine or it will end close soon.
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

mrbutcher

Post#16 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:58 pm

the next thing will be wl nurf squig will get pull dessie are OP just now and you want to nurf order more ? wtf

Jabba

Post#17 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:03 pm

WL isn't as terrible as everyone thought they were in cities, don't see the problem with that. It breaks the monotony of facing mindless BW bomb groups, who shuffle forward in a little ball then look confused if people move away from them.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

tanishalfelven

Post#18 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:33 pm

I had to check the date if it was an april fools post. Apparently, it's done a bit early but still is.

:roll:
AKA, Mago

Ads
Starx

Post#19 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:48 pm

userkiller wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:35 pm Aoe WL whine thread, lol interesting times indeed.
Someone came back and started slam dunking the meters in city on wl.

Also whoever said wl was always op lol... it was pretty trash on live ppl only started using it on this server bc the pet has no pathing and therefore the terrible ai it had/has isnt an issue anymore.

Grock

Post#20 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:13 pm

cannot get a single cast off, even if it's just a 1second cast. Every WL can interrupt two spots, and that every 10 seconds
Something's wrong with your healers if they only attempt one cast in 10 seconds :lol:
Aurandilaz wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:24 am2hander dps bonus is higher than dualwield dps bonus
Pretty sure this is not true.

As Auran mentioned when you compare AoE WL to Marauder the only WL's advantage is Pounce.
Damage abilities are pretty much the same, but Mara has more damage tactic options with strong critchance tactics which you can use with crit damage tactic that isn't tied to killable pet and armor pen tactic that applies to many abilities, while WL one is only for two AoE abilities.

Mara's utility is much, much better than WL, so much that it is the way the mara is usually played instead of just being a damage-dealer: morale stuff, ini debuff, aoe KD, aoe interrupt without mastery requirement, aoe disorient tactic, ap drain tactic and so on.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)