Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Is 2h WP really that terrible?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Lambchopp91

[WP] Is 2h WP really that terrible?

Post#1 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:34 pm

A friend and I are just getting started on the server, and I'm trying to pick my class. I really wanted to swing a 2h hammer around, but it sounds like running WP this way is fairly terrible. Im guessing we will be casual players, but theres a chance we get sucked in and end up going deep into endgame. I know 2h WP isn't optimal but is it even viable? My friend will be running IB if that's relevant at all.

Ads
Jabba

Re: [WP] Is 2h WP really that terrible?

Post#2 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:47 pm

Duoing with a dedicated tank as you are, it will be more viable than it is for the vast majority of people that try it. Having said that however, it's certainly not the strongest spec.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Lambchopp91

Post#3 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:51 pm

Jabba wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:47 pm Duoing with a dedicated tank as you are, it will be more viable than it is for the vast majority of people that try it. Having said that however, it's certainly not the strongest spec.
What would be a better pair with the IB?

larsulu
Suspended

Post#4 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:58 pm

Lambchopp91 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:34 pm A friend and I are just getting started on the server, and I'm trying to pick my class. I really wanted to swing a 2h hammer around, but it sounds like running WP this way is fairly terrible. Im guessing we will be casual players, but theres a chance we get sucked in and end up going deep into endgame. I know 2h WP isn't optimal but is it even viable? My friend will be running IB if that's relevant at all.
Wp 2h + ib is one of the best duo in the game ( you guys might have some mobility issue vs certain classes ).
Wp dps got a huge burst and moderate sustaine, don’t worry about others thoughts go for it.
Last edited by larsulu on Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:59 pm

Lambchopp91 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:51 pm
Jabba wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:47 pm Duoing with a dedicated tank as you are, it will be more viable than it is for the vast majority of people that try it. Having said that however, it's certainly not the strongest spec.
What would be a better pair with the IB?
It's more that there are easier and more efficient melee specs rather than the WP being bad or unplayable. People tend to not see past the differences in viability and demand only the top tier classes be played as anything lesser is a waste of space in their minds.

Play a challenging spec if you enjoy it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Lambchopp91

Post#6 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:00 pm

Im gonna roll with it. Thanks guys

Wdova

Post#7 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:52 pm

2 days ago I rolled one just to find out how bad is it and I must admit at least in T1 its really strong.

If You get pocket guard 24/7 You gonna have much easier gameplay than those who goes solo.

Looking at the Path of Wrath tree make me think that on single target, WP is maybe even more lethal than DOK. Yes dok dual wield gives free 10% parry and more procs for covenants not to mention much supperior AOE, but guilty sould tactic which deal spirit dot + hot and damage buff for up to extra 20% dmg for wrath skills seems really strong + wounds buff from grace tree is nice bonus.

I cant wait to play it again.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Starx

Post#8 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:58 pm

DPS healers might have the highest skill ceiling in the game, there is a tremendous difference between your average one and a really good one. IDK how many times ive seen these DPS AM's with like nearly 100k dmg and like 2k healing which is literally like borderline negligent levels of offhealing, i meant thats like being so **** lazy you dont even swap defensive targets for your dot heal, let alone getting into tapping ppl or m1ing or just keeping a few hots rolling to help a bit.

DPS WP is fine but like others said its still 100% a MDPS which means you absolutely need guard to be able to function don't be that guy that solo ques on dps dok/wp only to get absolutely obliterated and bullied.

IB will be the best tank in your situation. Because it brings all the utility you 2 man really needs.

If they still let duos into pug sc que this combination is 100% the best thing you can possibly do on order to cheese out wins, same on destro with guarded dps dok.

Ads
Wdova

Post#9 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:04 pm

2 days ago I rolled one just to find out how bad is it and I must admit at least in T1 its really strong.

If You get pocket guard 24/7 You gonna have much easier gameplay than those who goes solo.
Ib or Kotbs seems like ideal combo with 2h WP. Loking at the Path of Wrath tree make me think that on single target, WP is maybe even more lethal than DOK. Yes dok dual wield gives free 10% parry and more procs for covenants not to mention much supperior AOE, but guilty sould tactic which deal spirit dot + hot and damage buff for up to extra 20% dmg for wrath skills seems really strong + wounds buff from grace tree is nice bonus.

Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Scottx125

Post#10 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:37 am

Wdova wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:52 pm 2 days ago I rolled one just to find out how bad is it and I must admit at least in T1 its really strong.

Looking at the Path of Wrath tree make me think that on single target, WP is maybe even more lethal than DOK. Yes dok dual wield gives free 10% parry and more procs for covenants not to mention much supperior AOE, but guilty sould tactic which deal spirit dot + hot and damage buff for up to extra 20% dmg for wrath skills seems really strong + wounds buff from grace tree is nice bonus.

The problem is in RvR you will be pretty much useless. And in SC's you'll struggle unless you have a competent tank with you. The major downside to Wrath WP is mobility. Most Melee DPS classes have abilities to get them into combat quickly with their target. So couple that with worse DPS plus lack of mobility and it's generally an all round worse tank. What I will say is in the right group for 6 man groups, Wrath WP give great buffs and enemy debuffs such as lower enemy healing on priority targets.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.