Recent Topics

Ads

Worst class.... WH

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kryss

Re: Worst class.... WH

Post#111 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:05 pm

we all know that WH and WE are strong 1 on 1 if played right, but you need some practice to reach maximum potential. In cities they have their uses: morale drain/boost, debuffing outgoing heals AoE (or Ini if there are few enemy healers), picking off targets from the sides of the 2 blobs. One-two WHs/WEs per side are a plus (even 3 if they are really good) and can make a difference (I've seen people playing very well, do a lot of damage, kills and prevent morale bombs), but you need to be competent and play with a coordinated team. If you pug a lot, results may vary, and wildly. In my city runs I was able to outdps and outkill many BWs and Slayers quite easily, while morale draining: you just need the right support. Spying: well, everybody who talks in discord can do it if the point is watching Emperor's Circle whereabouts. Mayyybe if they send you scouting more deep in the backlines, to see which road the blob takes after the start... but I still prefer the dps/morale support.

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:54 pm Post overhauls like that one on the balance forum. It looks wildly broken at a brief glance, but when we start digging for ideas on WH/WE, that's the kind of concise suggestions that might get used.
@wargrimnir: I don't think there's a lot to do for the WH, the real good change would be to increase the morale drain/boost values: in this way, WHs and WEs will have a role in WBs for sure. You boosted the values in the past and it was great, then you nerfed them too much. If you find the sweet spot, we are good I think. And with a minimal effort

Ads
Tsuna92

Post#112 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:43 am

teiloh wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:56 am [Proposal for WE/WH
Reduce AP cost of all builders by 5. They tend to be much more expensive than those found on other classes. Back in the day, the mechanic compensated for this, but most classes' mechanics have been buffed over time (Turrets, Auras, Stances, Pets) and a new, strong one added (Rage/Fury).

Create five tiers of armor: Cloth, Leather, Studded, Chain, Plate. WE/WH and SW/SH get bumped up to Leather which is between current Light and Medium Armor. This will increase survivability slightly but not to equal the other two MDPS.

Sever Limb/Confess!: have these build 1 accusation, for the sake of consistency.

Incognito/Shadow Prowler: while in these modes, you ignore friendly collision detection.

Stealth Openers: have these deal slightly more damage. They used to scale off of your stats, but have been nerfed about 40-80%. A minor increase in damage (15-25%) would be situationally helpful.

Relics and Elixirs. Have these impart a minor effect on group members. Disrupt: 20% disrupt for groupmates within 30 feet. Armor Pen: 10% armor pen for group within 30 feet. Stealth: 10% speed increase within 30 feet.

For the WH:

Pistol
Add 30ft ranged autoattack with the pistol only
Bullets - take these off of GCD. This will allow WH to switch on the fly at the cost of some AP.
Seeker's Blade - changed to Seeker's Bullet, 30 foot range and procs Bullet. Currently, WE has a major advantage on Kiss Procs in terms of uptime and DPS. This would add one bullet proc to certain WH rotations as well as provide a ranged builder for minor combo chains. The WE would still have a big advantage, especially since they were handed several autoattack speed increasers (on sets, from BOs, tactics, improved SS)
Silence the Heretic - changed to a ranged pistol shot, 30 foot range and procs Bullet. See above.

Swap Seeker's Blade/Confess! and their relevant tactics
Witchfinder's Protection: add -15% chance to be crit on top of Parry; WE's is much stronger on a nerfed-crit ruleset
Exoneration: affects defensive target as well and grants one tick immediately
Vitriolic Judgment: Have this tactic steal the Morale for you as well when the 225 proc triggers
Protection from Heresy: increased the value of the shield, and also make it affect allies within 30 feet. Have the WE version also do something interesting. This is a really bad tactic.
Blood, Faith and Fire: combine with Last Rites; groupmates all receive 75 AP and heal over time.
Last Rites: changed tactic; whenever a groupmate dies within 100 feet of you, groupmates within 100 feet of you have all their cooldowns reduced by 10 seconds.
Indeed . You should post this on the "balance thread" :). Maybe there is some things they could grab from. !
Tsuburn RR81 BW

Stinkyweed

Post#113 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:07 am

pffft, play a rSH and let me know how your gobbo hole feels afterwards.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

waaaghlord

Post#114 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:14 am

“Worst” class in the game gets the best spec in the game.

RoR.builders - Witch Hunter

teiloh

Post#115 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:18 am

Tsuna92 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:43 am

Indeed . You should post this on the "balance thread" :). Maybe there is some things they could grab from. !
Could you point me to it? New to the forums and can't find an active balance forum.

Tsuna92

Post#116 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:01 am

Stinkyweed wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:07 am pffft, play a rSH and let me know how your gobbo hole feels afterwards.
There is an issue too with this class i agreed :). I am just a WH player who want a better utility in a WB. Not being kicked everyday :). And there is no way i am playing an elf ! :roll:
Tsuburn RR81 BW

Tsuna92

Post#117 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:05 am

teiloh wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:18 am
Tsuna92 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:43 am

Could you point me to it? New to the forums and can't find an active balance forum.
Here i guess?
viewforum.php?f=11
Tsuburn RR81 BW

Tsuna92

Post#118 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:07 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:54 pm Post overhauls like that one on the balance forum. It looks wildly broken at a brief glance, but when we start digging for ideas on WH/WE, that's the kind of concise suggestions that might get used.
Do you have the exact link to the "balance forum" plz?
Tsuburn RR81 BW

Ads
teiloh

Post#119 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:20 am

Hm suppose it would be the proposals on the BDF, but wanted to be sure I wasn't flooding the forums, haha.

Tsuna92

Post#120 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:40 pm

teiloh wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:20 am Hm suppose it would be the proposals on the BDF, but wanted to be sure I wasn't flooding the forums, haha.
Found it

viewforum.php?f=95
Tsuburn RR81 BW