Recent Topics

Ads

tips for choppa

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Jerraaayy

tips for choppa

Post#1 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:51 pm

TItle says it. i want to know how to deal with other classes as choppa i know choppas cant really 1v1 but in team fights i'm constantly having trouble dealing damage. idk if its a lack of skills or what but almost all the time my attacks are blocked/absorbed and i'm doing no damage. i really don't know much about this game as im just starting out so any info is helpful. im lvl 32 rr29 running dual wield.

Ads
zupaH

Re: tips for choppa

Post#2 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:58 pm

They really only start to "shine" once you get rank 40 around rr70 along with vanquisher or above, gear.
Best way to level it is with a few friends to make sure you get a guard and a healer dedicated for you. You won't do much damage unless you're in red, but that also competely destroys your chances to survive solo.

All in all, I recommend toughing it out. You're gonna have a bad time until you get the hang of the class and archetype that is Choppa. They're a very fun class in all aspects of the game, being it group, warband or even smallman(though that requires the gear and RR I talked about above to do well).
Tootlez/Egron/Snotstickz/Kaiju
<Schweinejungs>

twitch.tv/tootlez1

zupaH

Post#3 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:05 pm

When it comes to build, going something like this once you're rank 40/rr40 https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4679,4687. You can also go for the crit damage tactic (Stab You Gooder) but your crit wont be very high at the start. So Flanking is a better alternative for damage. Just make sure you're always hitting people in the back/sides for Flanking to work the best and it'll let you mainly use your Backstab ability for increased single target damage.

Renown wise, I'd honestly just go mainly defense, be it Futile Strikes, Deft Defender or Reflexes. Futile Strikes 3 is pretty much mandatory, then I'd go for Parry personally. But I'd guess Deft Defender is a better choice for warband. If you're feeling frisky, you can always go for Melee Crit after you get 30 points in Futile Strikes. It will help your damage a little until you get your better gear.
Tootlez/Egron/Snotstickz/Kaiju
<Schweinejungs>

twitch.tv/tootlez1

Sulorie

Post#4 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:04 pm

When you play t2-3 sc, you should try to get a tank and healer for group. With proper gear, which is easy to get - only vendor stuff - you should melt people in sc.
In t4 rvr it will be more difficult and getting a group is even more mandatory.

Sadly the armory is bugged and therefore I can't see your items to give you more specific advice.
Dying is no option.