Recent Topics

Ads

Can someone explain gear progression for 2020?

Let's talk about... everything else
Sinisterror

Re: Can someone explain gear progression for 2020?

Post#11 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:51 am

We have a LOTS of new players so imo sets should be lower rank/renown rank. Beginning with devastator / duelist rank 22-24 Annihilator/Mercenary 30-32 and Conq/Dominator rank 40rr40. This would help and i would also make vanguisher/opressor renown rank 45-50 and invader rr 50-55. Also Warlord crests should be a thing and warlord something like rr 61-66. I would also change tier 4 rvr inf rewards to be tier 3 and tier 3 rvr inf rewards to be tier 2 and new make new rewards for tier 4 influence, better ones because most of them are useless. Because there is no random(for most high lvl gear) set drops in rvr/scenarios but there is one for farming random lvl38+mobs, rare fortune set which im all for but imo something similar for rvr/scs should exist but if not then good influence rewards can make up for it.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
Wam

Post#12 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:04 pm

jtj5002 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:44 pm What the RvR accessory sets? I can't seem to find the vender for them.
genisis jewlery... rr 41+ blue bag, purple bag, gold bag ... take the fragments (if thats what you want, instead of purple weapon or gold piece) go find your vendor to exchange... south altdorf near stables, or near the guild tavern... near renown gear vendors, underneath walkway

if you destro... south of IC, south of the renown vendors, hard to miss them all standing all over the place... big guy in middle near quartermasters (on the way to maw exit)
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

StrongUn

Post#13 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:00 pm

Omegus wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:19 am Open RvR: Conqueror (set pieces from keep bags when RR40-49) -> Vanquisher (set pieces from keep bags when RR50+) -> Invader (set pieces from fortresses, tokens from from Fortress if RR50+, from Cities if <RR70, and from successfully defending a zone that that leads to your fortress) -> Warlord (same tokens as Sovereign) -> Sovereign (tokens rewarded from city sieges if RR70+ and from successfully defending a keep (not sure of RR requirement), no set pieces currently in bags).

PvE: Redeye (Mount Gunbad dungeon) -> Sentinel (City dungeons) -> Bloodlord (Bastion Stair).

Scenarios: Conqueror (bought with tokens) -> Oppressor (bought with tokens)

Warlord and Sovereign needs the Invader ToK unlock in order to be equipped but you can get the pieces early.
Sentinel requires the Redeye unlock to equip but you can get the pieces early.
Bloodlord requires the Sentinel unlock to equip but you can get the pieces early.

Dear Devs! why force people to grind lower sets?

I mean, my toon is 7x and i want to get Warlord or sovereign set why im forced to grind forts?
when invader was top gear ok, if u want top year grind it, but now invader is not top

Same for Bloodlord set... grind full Funbad, BB / BE and Bastion Stairs why? i dont need redeye nor sentinel

M0rw47h

Post#14 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:06 pm

StrongUn wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:00 pm QQ
Gear should upgrade like dominator -> opressor weapons do. For proper progression and no skipping.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#15 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:19 pm

Required progression means you should regularly be able to find people to do all the content we've created in the game. We didn't go through the time and effort of rebuilding all the dungeons to simply skip straight to the end. The amount of time invested in PvE needs to be at least marginally similar for the gear as you would expect for getting required Renown levels in PVP, otherwise it would invalidate higher end RvR/Scenario gear.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

thefarthestland

Post#16 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:21 pm

just an excuse to justify players who play the game 3 years without stopping ... and for them to keep killing low level

this makes casual player leave game and only the same player base remains, there is no reason to spend so much time to played the same little content as in the game
It is a forced way for people to stay longer in the game, but that in the end does not change the same small content of the game

the game it is based on how long you have been playing, not the quality in which you play.

That's why games with this mechanic died, there are few people who still think this system is good,
Because, let's face it, there's a lot more interesting to do in life.
and people prefer games that have fun or competition, not forced progression.

this also causes a lack of interest in people to play, causing leechers, afk, quitters, low quality on gameplay..everyone is forced to play more than they would like.
and the new problem without fort defense to have a faster city...
Last edited by thefarthestland on Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

thefarthestland

Post#17 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:44 pm

secrets says he would like to have more 6x6 ranked ... but with this system it is impossible. The time it takes to form a new player is too long.

BUMY

Post#18 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:32 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:51 am We have a LOTS of new players so imo sets should be lower rank/renown rank.
Lowering the rank accomplishes nothing though, just because they can equip the items doesn't mean they have obtained the pieces in the first place. By the time your rr is high enough to start dropping Vanq pieces you are most likely barely halfway done with your Conq set. The prices / droprates of Conq + Vanq pieces as well as medals should imo be tweaked so they are easier to obtain and to smooth out the 40 - 60 rr gearing process. I think the rate you obtain emblems is fine because they are 100% upon completion of a SC ( which takes maximum 15 minutes ), in contrast to a 45min to multi hour siege that, if you are lucky enough get a bag, may only contain 2 to 5 medals ( if you don't hit the gold bag rng ).

Ads