Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dinguskhan

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#691 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:03 am

So im thinkin about running BO 2h with my brothers shaman, we will both be starting together soon and i was wondering what talents i should take while i lvl? Any tips would be amazing. Thanks guys :D

Ads
DokB

Post#692 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:51 pm

Anyone got any decent setups with the new Sov/Warlord gear? I’m doing Defensive Sov first mainly for the appearances but Offensive Sov is next on the list for me and by then they will have hopefully changed the item stats to not be so overloaded with toughness.

Been trying to see how I could make the +2 to Brawler tree work (bugged on Offensive Sov – Currently its giving +2 to Da Toughest ), potentially being able to bring You Wot, Waaagh + MCD tactic, knockdown + THC. You wouldn’t be able to take Gork Smash or GaBC tactics but still being able to provide a KD from DYG alongside THC on top of the fact you can still be tanky thanks to You Wot and also give you and your group the benefit of your cooldown decreaser seems like it might be pretty fun to try.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

xarax

Post#693 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:17 am

i also tried to see what build is possible but to be honest i can't decide. Missing Gork Smash and GaBC is a lot dmg that gets lost. But THC and KD is nice. I think i have to wait for the +2 mastery and just test what works better while having CD decreaser.
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

empmoz

Post#694 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:09 pm

ToXoS

Post#695 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:30 pm

Huge mistake to not take Rock 'Ard. The bubble itself is useful and it is also used to speed up some rotations. Also, pure damage doesn't make an off tank good. If you focus only on damage, you're dead meat. That's why it's called an offensive tank, and not a DPS tank.

xarax

Post#696 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:33 pm

well there is alot stuff you can use but if you wanna use this spec with SoV you only have 2 points left and had to pick
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

DokB

Post#697 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:39 am

Just brainstorming here.

5pc Off.Sov
3pc Warlord (Back piece, Jewel, Boots for parry)
Gives you around 4.2K Armour (without Talis)
Gives you access to 40% crit damage modifier (15% from 4pc Off.Sov/25% from SYG)
6% melee crit from Off.Sov 5pc bonus
Two Str Bonuses
Wounds Bonus
WS Bonus

Don't have the time to do the maths for the rest of the stats given, but this seems pretty good so far. No real need to go 6pc Offensive Sov for the extra masteries as far as I can see, you can already pick up most of your skills you want as 2H spec with 70RR .
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

xarax

Post#698 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:06 am

How strong is the 8pc ability? Absorb?
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Ads
Booxos

Post#699 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:45 am

Hello! i am a returning player, in 1st version i was playing IB, now want to try BO, could you please advise on full support pocket tank ?

Whynoth

Post#700 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:57 pm

Hey there,
I'm one of the 2020 bambi-boomers and I would much appreciate some clarifications regarding this thread.
Please consider that my Bork isn't even remotely close to be able to apply those builds and my questions are mainly speculative atm.

1/ Regarding SnB
  1. I understand that the old SnB meta relied mainly on the application of THC for micro-bursts on a resilient platform, but now that this has been gutted, it seems that the default SnB RvR/SC build is investing heavily in Da' Boss tree for Waaaagh+MCD gearshifts and that's about it. (ex : RoR.builders - SnB Waaagh Bork )
    Am I wrong in thinking that this build is most impactfull in SC's ? The group-wide amped up waagh sounds awesome on a premade physical dps group, but the less groups there are, the more 'coverage' you get from this.
  2. I do love the idea of a Bork CC Oprah, but I haven't seen that kind of build reciving much positive feedback here. From where I stand, mostly playing solo in SC's, that's probably because of the unstoppable / unmovable mechanics, but the ability of roaming in the middle of a brawl, disrupting healers & peeling DPS off, seems extremely usefull. Am I wrong ? Are there some deeper implications that I'm ignoring ?
    All I can see is that you'd trigger the immunity on the target wich would screw somebody else using a GCD to CC it. Wich wouldn't be an issue in a coordinated environment.
  3. Itemisation-wise, people seems to aggree to use Talismans to bump up their tough. / Init. I see the point in stacking toughness as high as you can, but considering that Futile Strike 3 is already -15% crit, what's the threashold of init. I should aim for before gearing toward tough. ? Also, there isn't that much wound score on the midline gearsets at 40/40~45, I'm 32/25 and close to an 8k Hp pool (I did invest in wounds on my gear wherever I could) and that doesn't seems like much in many situations, I'm familiar with the concept of effective health but where do you get the wounds from ? jewelry ?
2/ General
  1. On multiple occasions in this thread, I have read that some skills are usefull for "speeding up rotations".
    ex :
    Spoiler:
    ToXoS wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:30 pm Huge mistake to not take Rock 'Ard. The bubble itself is useful and it is also used to speed up some rotations. Also, pure damage doesn't make an off tank good. If you focus only on damage, you're dead meat. That's why it's called an offensive tank, and not a DPS tank.
    But, from what I've seen, the 1.5s GCD is universal, Rock 'Ard costs 35ap, whereas something like Wot armor is 30ap and YMM is 25ap. Changing Da Plan seems like it can replace any No Plan Builders without drawbacks once your buffs / debuffs are applied, so I'm definitely missing something... How is this supposed to speed up your rotation ?
Once again, that may be common knowledge, but the novice that I am couldn't find a clear answer to those questions.
THank you for your time and attention & sorry for the cinder block.