Recent Topics

Ads

Duplicate Name

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Breidr

Duplicate Name

Post#1 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:54 am

When I played this games months ago, I created some characters, and they've since been deleted. I am attempting to create new characters, but the names are showing as duplicate/invalid. This issue was usually solved by a server restart, but that doesn't seem to be the case this time. My name is still showing in the armory, but the characters load to a blank page. Are names handled differently now?

Ads
zak68

Re: Duplicate Name

Post#2 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:27 am

afaik deleted character are no more zapped from the db but flagged instead; you should contact a gm.

Breidr

Post#3 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:52 pm

What would be the best way to contact a GM? I don't want to make their lives difficult or overstep.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:33 pm

Discord, PM on the forums, type .gm in-game, in-game Help menu has a GM Appeal that creates tickets.

If you need a character restored, you need to make sure you have an open character slot open. Also, the buffer for deleted characters only goes back to when it was implemented a couple months ago, so really old characters aren't in there.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Breidr

Post#5 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:33 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:33 pm Discord, PM on the forums, type .gm in-game, in-game Help menu has a GM Appeal that creates tickets.

If you need a character restored, you need to make sure you have an open character slot open. Also, the buffer for deleted characters only goes back to when it was implemented a couple months ago, so really old characters aren't in there.
Thanks Wargrimnir!

Sengirv

Post#6 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:55 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:33 pm If you need a character restored, you need to make sure you have an open character slot open. Also, the buffer for deleted characters only goes back to when it was implemented a couple months ago, so really old characters aren't in there.
Wow...this got me super super excited for a second. Then I finished reading it..If only I could get my "live' toons back. But informational as always!! Thanks Wargrimnir

zak68

Post#7 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:22 am

live? u mean from ea mythic age eaons ago?

Sengirv

Post#8 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:06 am

Yes sir. If you see past post mention 'Live' thats what they mean. I had a bad ass rift magus, and my favorite toon of all time; my Black Orc sword and shield PvE farming god. Man I miss them both ;..(

Ads