Recent Topics

Ads

City sieges way early in the morning

Let's talk about... everything else
TiberiusD

City sieges way early in the morning

Post#1 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:41 am

Hello!

I live in Europe and my timezone is GMT+2 (Servertime+1) and every time there is a city siege or is to early, or is to late from my timezone.
I am waking up every morning to go to work and when I open Discord I see City Sieges happening at 3-4-5 AM in the morning my time.

Is there any chance to see City Sieges at decent hours (like 5-6-7 PM Servertime) anytime soon?
A lot of our guys happen to not make this at these hours and if you ask me is kinda frustrating.

I simply do not have the time or power to play like I did in live (woke up at 3-4 AM in the morning doing last zone before city and after city). Because of my age and some health problems I simply cannot do it and I know that there are a lot of people thinking like me also.

What do you think we all need to do in order to get them at, let's say pre-EU primetime?

Let's discuss.

Ads
Tiamath

Re: City sieges way early in the morning

Post#2 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:09 am

Hello,
Im riding in the same cart as you. In my opinion thats what we need to accept, thats the pace of the campagin so either you are lucky to be thrown in to that timezone or as GM said commit yourself for the game if you want to get new stuff/crest often.
Healthiest approach here is rather acceptance since im sure you too is not willing to exchange bed time and gym time for game in full time job week. I try to catch up during weekends however since release I only managed to grab 36 crests so far. Same story was with invader, you will catch up one day. See you on the battlefield.
Next stop? The frontline ...
Tiamath - RR83 Blackguard, Khaladh of Kar Khadath Regiment.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#3 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:13 am

I feel you. Seeing ppl running around in full sov while i havent even seen a city siege yet because the campaign is always in a tie for eu prime.

TiberiusD

Post#4 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:39 am

Let's hope that we will see Cities on Friday-Saturday / Saturday-Sunday. It's the best way if not the only one to get them for us the unlucky

Xergon

Post#5 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:40 am

Well, all I can say it's not a race to get gear. Sure everyone wants it asap but that's nothing you can require from design point of view. There are still weekends and you should be able to do cities in your free time. Sure it's not gonna be much, but that's how it goes.

There's a lot things that decide if there will be city or not. It depends on pop balance, of any of the faction has power to push zones/ forts and if prime EU starts on T4 or in T2.

Imo City sieges as end game content happens too often, should be happening once per week, but due to fact there are too many throwers who wants farm gear instead play the game, we have what we have.

So again, u should not stress about getting gear, it's not a race. Cheers.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Tabelrel

Post#6 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:16 pm

I agree with you, feel the same but like others have said there is not much I think the devs could do without fundamentally changing the concept of the campaign. I think removing gear drops and just having crests linked to city stars has gone along way to mitigating a run away system.

I personally, just accept this is going to be a grind and if people get a few crests more and me a few less I will get there one day, just like with Invader. I think you will still find that good players will kill regardless of gear, bad players will die regardless of gear and everyone else is in the middle. The sov set stats are good and better than invader etc but I don’t think we have entered doomflayer/warpforged territory
Tabelrel Witch Elf rr84
Alixr Sorc rr86
Artful Dodger Zealot rr30xx
Kerang Blorc rr30xx

"She turned me into a Newt...but i got better”

Da Fat Squigs 2012 - 2021
Ard Az Nailz\Greenpeace Alliance (Eltharion) 2008 - 2010