Recent Topics

Ads

Returning Player - Will I contribute to imbalance if I go Chaos/Dark

Let's talk about... everything else
Deadpyre

Returning Player - Will I contribute to imbalance if I go Chaos/Dark

Post#1 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:16 pm

Returning player. Previously I always played Order. Playing briefly here in a far past, and quite a lot during the real release.

I want to help even out the populations, but I have a huge want to play greenskin characters this time around. Would my short term want of a particular aesthetic, contribute detrimentally to a population imbalance. I've played order enough to know I will find classes I enjoy, I just want to try something new. But I don't want to try new enough it outweighs my want to feel like I'm contributing to better play for everyone.

Odd I know, but as a support person, I find it pleasing to know I am helping, even in such a nebulous method. So saying play what I want isn't as simple as it sounds, as contributing in such a way will impact what I find satisfactory for my characters.

Ads
Skullgrin

Re: Returning Player - Will I contribute to imbalance if I go Chaos/Dark

Post#2 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:28 pm

Play what inspires you most. The population fluctuates over time, but generally speaking it is usually only imbalanced 40/60 in either direction, and can reverse to the other side fairly quickly.

The lockout timer is only 90 minutes after you first log in, so if you feel that you have overwhelming odds against your opponents you can always create a character on the other side and flip over to it to help them out.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ototo

Post#3 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:59 pm

As long as you don't have any bias or consider any realm your enemy, I don't see the trouble. In time you will eventually play order too, cause if it's for fun there are great classes to enjoy in both realms.
Spoiler:

Deadpyre

Post#4 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:41 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. After some reflection, I guess I was indirectly asking how central should I base my faction decision on the imbalance.

From the tone of the replies its notable, but not so much to be the central reason for choosing a faction.