Recent Topics

Ads

Classes for newcomers

Let's talk about... everything else
Dai9

Classes for newcomers

Post#1 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:50 pm

Greetings Reckoners

Been browsing the forum and havent found a decent guide about easiest classes for noobs, so they can learn the game. By easy I mean simple/unexistent mechaniscs to learn the basic role, and I want to divide this in 3 groups of classes: healers, ranged DPS and tanks. I exclude melee dps cause i read they are quite hard and need a group, and a noob is most likely to be alone the first month until getting the taste of RoR.
So, what would you put in each group of classes and why? I pretend to help new players with this post when it comes to decide picking a class without suffering too much from frustration, so pls participate ^^

A hug from Spain
Dai9

Ads
CeeJay89

Re: Classes for newcomers

Post#2 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:01 am

Dai9 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:50 pm Greetings Reckoners

Been browsing the forum and havent found a decent guide about easiest classes for noobs, so they can learn the game. By easy I mean simple/unexistent mechaniscs to learn the basic role, and I want to divide this in 3 groups of classes: healers, ranged DPS and tanks. I exclude melee dps cause i read they are quite hard and need a group, and a noob is most likely to be alone the first month until getting the taste of RoR.
So, what would you put in each group of classes and why? I pretend to help new players with this post when it comes to decide picking a class without suffering too much from frustration, so pls participate ^^

A hug from Spain
Dai9
Tank - Knight or Chosen (simple mechanic, fit into any group)

Healer - RP/Zealot (effective healers, fit everywhere, pretty straightforward, instant cast heal)

DPS - Engineer/Magus (multitude of builds, lots of utility, pretty easy to gear up, not really group dependent)

Just my opinion anyways.

ChicagoJoe

Post#3 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:03 am

Tanks probably the easiest and most welcome into any group.

You need to learn guard mechanic but can have a lot of utility. The bitterstone handbook in the dwarf section has a ton of information on game mechanics aside from the dwarf specific stuff.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Scottx125

Post#4 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:34 am

If you were going for a tank I'd say KOTBS is the easiest. Just choose your 3 buffs for your group, guard someone and off you go. For DPS, Engineer is quite easy, choose between single target, AOE or a utility version. Plop your turret down and select your target, you can't go wrong. Healer I'd say WP is pretty good, you can go melee healer or DPS spec to level up quickly, you can also use him to tank high level mobs in PVE for crafting to make money and the salvation ranged heal spec has lots of utility and is great for group healing.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Tanski

Post#5 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:29 am

None of the classes are very difficult tbh. It’s all about game awareness. If you don’t want to manage stances, or a lot of buttons and path friend/dp swapping stay away from IB/BG and Mara has stance dancing. Even still, they aren’t that difficult.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Kaori1

Post#6 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:35 am

White Lion :^)

Starx

Post#7 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:02 am

RDPS - Magus/Engineer (durable classes with good aoe/st pressure... lacks healdebuff but if i wanted a noob on dps it would be on one of these)
Tank - Knight/Chosen (SM/BO are technically easier to play but I believe the skillset needed to actually get the same amount of value out of these classes as the other 2 I recommend is much higher)
Healer - RP/Z (so many OH **** buttons, every group wants you because of amazing kit etc...)

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#8 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:09 am

White Lion, you just need your head or try playing with your feed and you are fine.

Ads
zak68

Post#9 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:06 am

always thought that a magus/engi was way harder to play (not even talking about playing it well) than a sorc/bw, starting from the pet management to the pull ability; why am i wrong ?

Sulorie

Post#10 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:00 am

zak68 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:06 am always thought that a magus/engi was way harder to play (not even talking about playing it well) than a sorc/bw, starting from the pet management to the pull ability; why am i wrong ?
You are not wrong. It boggles my mind, why people suggest engi/magus. The typical newbie engi you see, builds his turret, even if enemy melee train is pushing or spams his napalm aoe dot on cooldown to break CC casted by your own team.

It's a great pug sc class but I wouldn't suggest it to any beginner.
Dying is no option.