Recent Topics

Ads

Maruder Terrible Embrace new hot fix

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
larsulu
Suspended

Re: Maruder Terrible Embrace new hot fix

Post#31 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:47 pm

Jildaz wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:30 pm
larsulu wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:35 pm
Jildaz wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:08 pm no, op because when you triggered the ability there were no way to avoid it excpet parrying it, no matter how far you ran away, you got pulled.

Lion can be snared, CC, killed... and require to sacrifice a dmg tactic to make it faster and can actually catch something.
Mara hd 50% requires a tactic and usable only in one stance.
out of the topic.. in this case, the Crit modifier on WL needs the pet to be alive.. The 25%bonus dmg work only on rear or back etc.. we are talking about the Pull and nothing else.
If you think out ranging the mara pull should work anyway after triggering the ability is fine, its not. When someone flee out, my lion cant catch the target even with a tactic slotted, so why mara would be able to pull ?
I am just saying , i agree with the first post, when you outrange the pull, it shouldnot proc de CD on the abiliy so you can catch up and try again. I am not talking about anything else.
I was answering on “ I have to sacrifice a tactic on my wl “ to gwelthas
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#32 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:13 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:34 pm Can people put aside their biases for a second

This sever is hardly 100% perfect and stable, lag and the like is a common issue especially if you play from NA

What the op asks is very fair, if a ranged cast ability fails the range check at the end of the ability and it dosnt fire then it shouldn’t go on CD
This is already queued up for the next patch. It's just the levels of apocalypse befallen the class that make it worth a giggle.

If people were able to make reasonable statements about the class without overwhelming hyperbole it would be a lot easier to take seriously. That said, we don't need hyperbolic feedback to make sane and reasonable changes.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

larsulu
Suspended

Post#33 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:36 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:13 pm
TenTonHammer wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:34 pm Can people put aside their biases for a second

This sever is hardly 100% perfect and stable, lag and the like is a common issue especially if you play from NA

What the op asks is very fair, if a ranged cast ability fails the range check at the end of the ability and it dosnt fire then it shouldn’t go on CD
This is already queued up for the next patch. It's just the levels of apocalypse befallen the class that make it worth a giggle.

If people were able to make reasonable statements about the class without overwhelming hyperbole it would be a lot easier to take seriously. That said, we don't need hyperbolic feedback to make sane and reasonable changes.
Ok and thank you.
Tomorrow I will Do a reasonable statement of Mara right now if you allow it.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

larsulu
Suspended

Post#34 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:36 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:13 pm

Ok and thank you.
Tomorrow I will Do a reasonable statement of Mara right now if you allow it.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

wachlarz

Post#35 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:45 pm

I dont know why Mara pull is hated by order ? Mara can pull 1 person. Its game braking skill 1 person in rvr ? 1 from 24 ppl ? Or in 6 vs 6 is so op this pull ? Engi/magus pull bit more. They can attack from ranged mara not. Choppa pull aoe random. But only Mara pull is Op.U can intterupt cast, u can hide in rock/tree pull is canceled. U can silence mara. U have immunity when some1 stun U so i cant pull U. I need wait for perfect moment. If this perfect moment is now i start cast and in 3 sec some1 stun U puf i cant pull U. If I pull engi he can root me or stagger me. Sw jump away and slow me or ranged stun or mele stun. Bw root. Tanks bleeh who who pull them. Runpriest/Archmage throw away or detaut or stagger (RP). Wh stun or stagger or go stelth. Wl jump away to other destro player or stun or just run away. All classes have good skil against Mara pull but still Mara pull Op. And Wl when see mara sava/brut think ohh i need watch for him or Ooo free Rr ? Mara sav/brut dont have stun (its have ranged stun work when dis spell so mehh) or gap closer. Mara sav/brut need more cc or mobility or surv. Dmg is fine.

Vayra

Post#36 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:54 pm

Ototo wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:17 pm That is exactly how every other skill in the game works. If your target disrupt a spell, it enters cooldown. I don't think that this suggestion of making an exception with Terrible Embrace has any other foundation than the fact that now you need to learn to use the skill, instead of being the "I-win" button that it was.
Except it's how every other spell with a cooldown works. If the target is out of range on complete you wasted the time casting it but it doesn't go on CD. Defending against an ability is different as you did successfully cast it, the target just passed their save.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#37 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:19 pm

( I won't talk much about Monstro Mara because he is only good for morale drain and loking stupid thats it.)
I know my grammar is bad I'm not english, deal with it.

The problem on Mara itself is, he has awesome skills but absolute every skill is terrible to use.
Best example ist "Mutated Energy" You have to Disrupt an enemy spell( don`t know why that nearly never happens im just having 37% Disrupt ....) THAN you can cast in on an enemy and after that, the enemy has to cast so that he gets knocked down..... why not knockdown, finish? That would atleast gave us a reason why he has no usefull knockdown against mdps or just everyone.
The next problem on Mara is, that i stopped counting how many BW's and other squishys just ran away from me because they just used a CD and i couldn't do anything against it because they became immune to snare/slow and just run while /laughing .... He has nearly any chance because every other mdps class has a knockdown, pounce, dash,100% parry 3 seconds, blah. or even more than one of this skills....
That you can't pull enemies from Keep walls with "Terrible Embrace" is another problem, i think its a serious crappy single target pull with 30 second cooldown, has low range and it has 2 seconds cast time with a terrible range, it would really awesome if he could pull enemies from keep walls( not through walls....) so that enemies aren't comepletely safe on walls anymore, i understand that Magus and Engi pull shouldn't be able to do so. ( live server flashbacks without AOE cap.... ).
He has "Concussive Jolt" as AOE knockdown deep in monstro tree but we all know this skill is far beyond terrible and just makes your options and damage even worse.
"Wave of Horror" is awesome against melees but terrible against every rangedps because it has a 30ft range.
5 Seconds cooldown on mutations is the next problem, you can't even buff yourself or debuff your enemy while fighting to counter your downsides atleast a little bit " Mutating release","Pulverize" and "Guillotine" are the key words.

So Mara is at the moment a broken **** show, he has tons of tools he can't use in any way worth mentioning. The Morale drain Mara is the only real usefull tree but lets be honest.... its a stupid 2 button beyblade and its a shame to play him like this.
You can't burst enemies, you can't bring enemy healers in serious danger and you can't even say you can get enemy healers on their nerves.
If you spec "Exhausting Strikes" you get ap drain but loose "Mutated Agressor" and your damage becomes a joke.( Savage Mara)
Brutality Mara is not even playable, you have really nothing, no damage, no cc, no healdebuff, no drain and you use 2 skills and have 0 AP ....

So in my eyes Mara has the following problems and i can't see any strengh that is compensating this weaknesses :The AP costs are far to high for the amount of things he can do, you have no burst, you have no usefull cc, you are not tanky, everything you do, can be done by other classes far better ( Morale drainer not included .... ).

These are my thoughts on the problems with Mara,I don't want him to become a one man army, for that we have already WL, but atleast give him a soul, please.

I know its a group based RvR game but i seriously see no reason why anybody should take a Mara in his wb, only one Monstro for Morale drain and looking stupid.
Last edited by Aerogath on Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darks63

Post#38 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:50 pm

Sofong wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:07 pm so if someone cast snipe im running away in that 3s and it still fire off when the projectie landed im actually 180fts away. fair?
Considering the Skill has 150 base range and the gun turret further buffs that it sounds about right to me.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Ads
larsulu
Suspended

Post#39 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:12 pm

Aerogath wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:19 pm ( I won't talk much about Monstro Mara because he is only good for morale drain and loking stupid thats it.)
I know my grammar is bad I'm not english, deal with it.

The problem on Mara itself is, he has awesome skills but absolute every skill is terrible to use.
Best example ist "Mutated Energy" You have to Disrupt an enemy spell( don`t know why that nearly never happens im just having 37% Disrupt ....) THAN you can cast in on an enemy and after that, the enemy has to cast so that he gets knocked down..... why not knockdown, finish? That would atleast gave us a reason why he has no usefull knockdown against mdps or just everyone.
The next problem on Mara is, that i stopped counting how many BW's and other squishys just ran away from me because the just used a CD and i couldn't do anything against it because they became immune to snare/slow and just run while /laughing .... He has nearly any chance because every other mdps class has a knockdown, pounce, dash,100% parry 3 seconds, blah. or even more than one of this skills....
That you can't pull enemies from Keep walls with "Terrible Embrace" is another problem, i think its a serious crappy single target pull with 30 second cooldown, has low range and it has 2 seconds cast time with a terrible range, it would really awesome if he could pull enemies from keep walls( not through walls....) so that enemies aren't comepletely safe on walls anymore, i understand that Magus and Engi pull shouldn't be able to do so. ( live server flashbacks without AOE cap.... ).
He has "Concussive Jolt" as AOE knockdown deep in monstro tree but we all know this skill is far beyond terrible and just makes your options and damage even worse.
"Wave of Horror" is awesome against melees but terrible against every rangedps because it has a 30ft range.
5 Seconds cooldown on mutations is the next problem, you can't even buff yourself or debuff your enemy while fighting to counter your downsides atleast a little bit " Mutating release","Pulverize" and "Guillotine" are the key words.

So Mara is at the moment a broken **** show, he has tons of tools he can't use in any way worth mentioning. The Morale drain Mara is the only real usefull tree but lets be honest.... its a stupid 2 button beyblade and its a shame to play him like this.
You can't burst enemies, you can't bring enemy healers in serious danger and you can't even say you can get enemy healers on their nerves.
If you spec "Exhausting Strikes" you get ap drain but loose "Mutated Agressor" and your damage becomes a joke.( Savage Mara)
Brutality Mara is not even playable, you have really nothing, no damage, no cc, no healdebuff, no drain and you use 2 skills and have 0 AP ....

So in my eyes Mara has the following problems and i can't see any strengh that is compensating this weaknesses :The AP costs are far to high for the amount of things he can do, you have no burst, you have no usefull cc, you are not tanky, everything you do, can be done by other classes far better ( Morale drainer not included .... ).

These are my thoughts on the problems with Mara,I don't want him to become a one man army, for that we have already WL, but atleast give him a soul, please.

I know its a group based RvR game but i seriously see no reason why anybody should take a Mara in his wb, only one Monstro for Morale drain and looking stupid.
i really hope devs take seriously yours thoughts about marauder.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Shooshpanzerer

Post#40 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:44 pm

Marauder hate comes not from marauder damage or pull itself. Marauder damage is fine. It comes from Morale Drain + Ap Drain + AoE KD + Disorient + m2 dump at the same time and AoE AP+Morale drain is facerolling keyboard in monstro spec.

AoE damage spec RoR.builders - Marauder

Full Cancer Spec
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5226,5188