Recent Topics

Ads

Zealot ability - Wind of Insanity since last patch

Let's talk about... everything else
Exodya

Zealot ability - Wind of Insanity since last patch

Post#1 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:39 pm

Since last patch it is possible to interrupt this ability with taunts etc. I think the point of this "nerf" is quite clear. But since this ability is now a channel, u are not able to use any other spell during the cast of wind of insanity. This change is not part of the patch notes and makes the ability quite useless. Was this change intended and just not part of the patch notes or is this a bug / forgotten side effect?

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Zealot ability - Wind of Insanity since last patch

Post#2 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:25 am

Exodya wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:39 pm Since last patch it is possible to interrupt this ability with taunts etc. I think the point of this "nerf" is quite clear. But since this ability is now a channel, u are not able to use any other spell during the cast of wind of insanity. This change is not part of the patch notes and makes the ability quite useless. Was this change intended and just not part of the patch notes or is this a bug / forgotten side effect?
Intended
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ototo

Post#3 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:28 am

Exodya wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:39 pm Since last patch it is possible to interrupt this ability with taunts etc. I think the point of this "nerf" is quite clear. But since this ability is now a channel, u are not able to use any other spell during the cast of wind of insanity. This change is not part of the patch notes and makes the ability quite useless. Was this change intended and just not part of the patch notes or is this a bug / forgotten side effect?
It was in the patch notes:
Spoiler:
[Abilities]

- Wind of Insanity can now be interrupted by pure interrupts. (Taunt, etc)
Spoiler:

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:37 am

Ototo wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:28 am
Spoiler:
[Abilities]

I believe he was referring to not being able to turn on the ability and continue casting other spells. This is no longer a toggle, like other channels you will not be able to use other abilities while it's ticking down.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ototo

Post#5 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:55 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:37 am
Spoiler:
Ototo wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:28 am
Spoiler:
[Abilities]

I believe he was referring to not being able to turn on the ability and continue casting other spells. This is no longer a toggle, like other channels you will not be able to use other abilities while it's ticking down.
Yup, probably, but, how can a person think that you can interrupt a toggle ability? If it says that you can interrupt it, is pretty much common sense that the skill is now some form of channel or cast.
Spoiler:

Detangler

Post#6 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:03 am

To be honest, it was always kind of weird that it would turn on and allow you to cast other spells at the same time.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ototo

Post#7 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:59 am

Detangler wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:03 am To be honest, it was always kind of weird that it would turn on and allow you to cast other spells at the same time.
If you think about it, was the heal mirror of Feinted Positioning, but was greatly overpowered. Putting 2 zeals in the front line of anything meant insta wins most of the times. If you can disrupt a battle line enough for your big hits to reach the support line unopposed, you win normally. Still very powerful as the only skill from the game that doesn't generate immunities, like WAR was on live launch (yup, immunities to CCs were introduced later, during launch you could be rooted, knocked, silenced and disarmed all a time, and in chains non-stop). Let's call it a vestige of a former era.
Spoiler:

Omegus

Post#8 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:05 am

Detangler wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:03 am To be honest, it was always kind of weird that it would turn on and allow you to cast other spells at the same time.
I've no issue with it being changed to a channel (other than the dodgy patch notes not making it clear), but I would've expected something else to have changed alongside it to compensate that now the Zealot loses 6 seconds of healing (which is a MASSIVE nerf) or loses some DPS (lol) over a change who's (public) intent was just to give some counter play to Winds. I know I'm sounding like a broken record at this point but the heal debuff and winds change screwed any sort of non-pure-healing build very hard with nothing added to compensate.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Exodya

Post#9 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:48 am

Thanks for clearification.

retekelek

Post#10 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:25 pm

Omegus wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:05 am
I've no issue with it being changed to a channel (other than the dodgy patch notes not making it clear), but I would've expected something else to have changed alongside it to compensate that now the Zealot loses 6 seconds of healing (which is a MASSIVE nerf) or loses some DPS (lol) over a change who's (public) intent was just to give some counter play to Winds. I know I'm sounding like a broken record at this point but the heal debuff and winds change screwed any sort of non-pure-healing build very hard with nothing added to compensate.
Highly agree, that class needs a complete rework, aoe spec not exsist whit no aoe headebuff + u cant cast other ability why Winds up = laughterable damage output, and single target spec is garbage.

Bytheway, tried out m4 pumping gear/tatic+shamy in party spec for wb play, not working, u can reach fast m4 but not enough fast, fights are over when u have it, and than u give aoe amror debuff for team, Winds whit new change optionally works for deffensvie / offensvie situtation but ur damage compared to a pure dps slot is a joke, u just wasting a spot in wb.