Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] ASW with Shadow Sting in Ranked SC

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
synthrocker

Re: [SW] ASW with Shadow Sting in Ranked SC

Post#21 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:42 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:25 pm
wpc56 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:43 am When you want to play with hard mode, switch to order and see how order healers can possibly put up with a class/Dok that can apply healing debuff on MULTIPLE people in one instant cast.
When I play order healer, my main gripe is that WE always seems more useful than a WH. Not sure if it is a learn 2 play issue but WEs can wreck me solo (even with detaunt etc). Nothing else can very well.
Which is funny, because some healers on destro are impossible to kill on a WH even with double heal debuff. A good shaman will get away.

I believe WH do more damage, but it’s sustained/back end. A WE does a lot more front end burst to start, which typically helps kill a healer because they have less time to react
Birthday Massacre - Knight
Stunt Man - Witch Hunter
Wrx Sti - gimp slayer/butcher farmer
Ralliart Evolution - Real gimp Bright Wizard

Ads
Popcornus

Post#22 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:46 pm

no0kiee wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:29 am
Spoiler:
Goog thing you mother**cker not complaining about ranged SW cause both ranged specs unplayable (thanks to devs) so sw can't even participate in RvR anymore, let's kill last working spec for sc and solo or mb completly delete SW from the game!? so DPS DoKs could melee train everything in this game with no harm and apply AoE healdebuffs! "OMG order class can kill!!! UAAAA uaaa UaauUA!! Cry me a river bitch. I'm so **** sick of retards like you.
Insults are a sure-fire way of getting your input discarded. As is often the case, passionate players happen to have valid points and criticsm to share, but with this conduct you'll run into issues.

Do you mind sharing your feedback in a more reasonable manner? I'd be interested in your PoV.

Ototo

Post#23 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:49 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:25 pm
wpc56 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:43 am When you want to play with hard mode, switch to order and see how order healers can possibly put up with a class/Dok that can apply healing debuff on MULTIPLE people in one instant cast.
When I play order healer, my main gripe is that WE always seems more useful than a WH. Not sure if it is a learn 2 play issue but WEs can wreck me solo (even with detaunt etc). Nothing else can very well.
They have always been a higher burst class than WHs. WH is about executions dealing a lot of peak damage, while WE has the missing damage of its frenzies spread across all the skills. In the end that means that WEs will in fact put you faster into a closer position to be one-shot by a finisher, and kind of place the burden in WHs when the trouble is in fact the ratio defense/DPS stats. Right now in RoR the attack stats are more valuable, and have been for a long since live.

I'm not complaining. I think that it is the way it is. You need to play the advantages of each class, and WHs are exceptionally more durable than WEs, but when attack stats count so much more, it's hard to show its colours.
Spoiler:

Deadpoet

Post#24 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:33 pm

This is a huge derailing from the original topic, but what makes a WH more durable than WE? I'm really interested, @Ototo, if you would care to explain

Ototo

Post#25 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:40 pm

Deadpoet wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:33 pm This is a huge derailing from the original topic, but what makes a WH more durable than WE? I'm really interested, @Ototo, if you would care to explain
Morale 1, and 30ft range to avoid mele attacks. Some other things, but specially those 2.
Spoiler:

wpc56
Suspended

Post#26 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:16 pm

That's because WE middle tree has better synergy as a main, popular tree for solo with healing debuff (incoming and outgoing), magic dmg buff finisher (good against tanks) 100% magic immunity from right tree and crit modifier tactic. This is their most popular spec that has everything.

WH have to spec to EITHER against melee (parry and survival from left tree) OR healer classes (mid tree) while forced to diversify into right tree for crit modifier. Which means most solo WH won't have incoming healing debuff.. making dest healer's life a lot easier.

Again you hear them "complain" about 6v6 where you can't kill a guarded SW with a SINGLE TARGET healing debuff and think their live is hard.... what about order going against two dps DOK spreading healing debuff on everyone in their range and just carve their way through your tanks/dps!?

ziomek

Post#27 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:56 pm

l2use crit debuffs on dps dok...his hD then becomes useless...

CountTalabecland

Post#28 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:21 pm

Of course destro is in here whining about ASW. FFS you have MSH, what more do you want?

Destro is steamrolling zone after zone 24/7 while Irder has 200% AAO. 2h Knight, the one popular scenario tank on Order got nerfed into oblivion so there are even less tanks in scen now and you are here trying to destroy the one good spec on SW. I can’t believe destro anymore, its gotten beyond ridiculous.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
synthrocker

Post#29 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:41 pm

Ototo wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:40 pm
Deadpoet wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:33 pm This is a huge derailing from the original topic, but what makes a WH more durable than WE? I'm really interested, @Ototo, if you would care to explain
Morale 1, and 30ft range to avoid mele attacks. Some other things, but specially those 2.

I don’t think you’ve ever faced a defensive specter WE. A WH ain’t gonna beat them. They’re stupid durable and still great dps

Also aren’t you the WH that specs Dragon Gun And thinks it’s better than BAL for damage?
Birthday Massacre - Knight
Stunt Man - Witch Hunter
Wrx Sti - gimp slayer/butcher farmer
Ralliart Evolution - Real gimp Bright Wizard

Bosli

Post#30 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:04 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:21 pm Destro is steamrolling zone after zone 24/7 while Irder has 200% AAO.
It seems that you didn't read the very first sentence in my post. I am talking about Solo Ranked only.

Since I posted this, I played a lot more ranked matches on Zealot as well as on WP and it still feels like every random ASW (that doesn't die instantly because overextend) is way harder to heal against than the average destruction DPS, no matter who healdebuffs, even with DoK.

Also, I would like to get some input from healers, preferably those that also play on both sides, and not only from the ASW players themselves.