Recent Topics

Ads

New xRealm Lockout

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Gracely

Re: New xRealm Lockout

Post#121 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:45 pm

First time experiencing the lock out; I'd say the timer is just right.

Ads
courtsdad1

Post#122 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:35 pm

I need to do a better job reading notes but didn't since I don't cross-realm for any advantages in RvR. I thought it was a PVP lockout but I just logged onto one side to check on guild and then spent a few minutes organizing tactics since last update. Logged out to switch over to other side to actually do something but no dice as I have to wait 85 minutes. So basically you are stuck from switching unless you log for 90 minutes?

w3ass3l

Post#123 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:00 pm

Personally I would rather have a permanent side lock since that would make people try and play better for their side to win but I understand the reason they let us experience both side. With that said a very rough idea I have in mind for stopping xrealming is to remove the side lock all together and introduce a reward lock meaning that if you start doing rvr and then you decide to change sides you will not get any kind of rewards (influence, xp, tokens etc) for an amount of time. Example you play order and defend praag but destro has greater numbers and you think screw this switching to destro to get easy farm,with the current system you can do this and get a 90 min lock on destro but if you get a reward lock you have no reason to switch. I'm pretty sure something similar was suggested in the past and this is only a general idea of a way to stop xrealming. I'm sure people have good ideas to help solve this problem so let's do our best to help devs keep this server alive and fun for all of us.

martholomew

Post#124 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:11 pm

w3ass3l wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:00 pm Personally I would rather have a permanent side lock since that would make people try and play better for their side to win but I understand the reason they let us experience both side. With that said a very rough idea I have in mind for stopping xrealming is to remove the side lock all together and introduce a reward lock meaning that if you start doing rvr and then you decide to change sides you will not get any kind of rewards (influence, xp, tokens etc) for an amount of time. Example you play order and defend praag but destro has greater numbers and you think screw this switching to destro to get easy farm,with the current system you can do this and get a 90 min lock on destro but if you get a reward lock you have no reason to switch. I'm pretty sure something similar was suggested in the past and this is only a general idea of a way to stop xrealming. I'm sure people have good ideas to help solve this problem so let's do our best to help devs keep this server alive and fun for all of us.
I agree with this. I get why the lock is implemented, but I think in addition to the lock, maybe an exp/rr bonus buff across that faction that starts at 0% and raises by 1% per hour or so the longer you continue to devote time to that faction in your played hours, and if you swap factions it goes away and you are penalized in the reserve on the other faction.
Magus 40/78

Ototo

Post#125 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:21 am

Trouble is that 90 mins is nothing when we speak of Fort unlocks. It takes at least several hours to prep a zone from T2 up to Fort, and the system is clearly abused. Today we had number advantage in CW and Cale, and in less than 20 mins the entire population switched. It's simply easier to defend than to attack a fort, and some big guilds which names I'm not gonna write, but that since the introduction of the timer have funded order-side guilds too, are abusing this to force a final zone to lock, then defend it for Invaders instead of taking the effort of attacking it. Being an extremely picky strategy, they need to fool the opposite realm to succeed.

Imho, with the many low and dirty tricks that I have seen these last weeks, I would increase the lockout to 8 hours, but trigger when entering RvR or scenarios, basically since the very moment that you are flagged for PvP. It's the only way to stop the abuses that I have been seeing.
Spoiler:

Gracely

Post#126 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:40 am

Ototo wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:21 am... but trigger when entering RvR or scenarios, basically since the very moment that you are flagged for PvP. It's the only way to stop the abuses that I have been seeing.
This does make sense.

ziomek

Post#127 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:25 am

sc should not be affect by lockout.. only rvr

Lithenir

Post#128 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:38 am

Ototo wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:21 am Trouble is that 90 mins is nothing when we speak of Fort unlocks. It takes at least several hours to prep a zone from T2 up to Fort, and the system is clearly abused. Today we had number advantage in CW and Cale, and in less than 20 mins the entire population switched. It's simply easier to defend than to attack a fort, and some big guilds which names I'm not gonna write, but that since the introduction of the timer have funded order-side guilds too, are abusing this to force a final zone to lock, then defend it for Invaders instead of taking the effort of attacking it. Being an extremely picky strategy, they need to fool the opposite realm to succeed.

Imho, with the many low and dirty tricks that I have seen these last weeks, I would increase the lockout to 8 hours, but trigger when entering RvR or scenarios, basically since the very moment that you are flagged for PvP. It's the only way to stop the abuses that I have been seeing.
But tell me one thing. How can they defend if you can only enter a fortress with reservation? They cannot switch the realm the moment the final zone locks because they would not have contribution to enter the fort as defender nor can they switch before because they would need to be active in the zone to get enough contribution. Maybe with them as defender as well there wouldn't even be a fortress. People are making there life very easy by declaring everything bad is because of xrealmers...

From my observation yesterday happened different things. There were even numbers since I logged on around 9 pm. I saw BC, Praag and DW and everywhere order was or had been attacking. Destro just circled to defend every zone. They were successful every time. So then order started to become frustrated, some probably logged off, some probably went back to queue SCs or make PvE. Maybe a few went to play destro. I think that's just the normal way when things are not working well. Order is not very resistend against frustration. And mostly order doesn't really fight, often just running away

Ads
Ototo

Post#129 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:16 am

Lithenir wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:38 am
Ototo wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:21 am Trouble is that 90 mins is nothing when we speak of Fort unlocks. It takes at least several hours to prep a zone from T2 up to Fort, and the system is clearly abused. Today we had number advantage in CW and Cale, and in less than 20 mins the entire population switched. It's simply easier to defend than to attack a fort, and some big guilds which names I'm not gonna write, but that since the introduction of the timer have funded order-side guilds too, are abusing this to force a final zone to lock, then defend it for Invaders instead of taking the effort of attacking it. Being an extremely picky strategy, they need to fool the opposite realm to succeed.

But tell me one thing. How can they defend if you can only enter a fortress with reservation? They cannot switch the realm the moment the final zone locks because they would not have contribution to enter the fort as defender nor can they switch before because they would need to be active in the zone to get enough contribution. Maybe with them as defender as well there wouldn't even be a fortress. People are making there life very easy by declaring everything bad is because of xrealmers...

From my observation yesterday happened different things. There were even numbers since I logged on around 9 pm. I saw BC, Praag and DW and everywhere order was or had been attacking. Destro just circled to defend every zone. They were successful every time. So then order started to become frustrated, some probably logged off, some probably went back to queue SCs or make PvE. Maybe a few went to play destro. I think that's just the normal way when things are not working well. Order is not very resistend against frustration. And mostly order doesn't really fight, often just running away
They can't, that's why they have to defend with the obvious intention to fail, but yesterday they xrealmed so hard, that they overpopulated the supposedly defensive realm by A LOT. That's when you see WBs roaming very far from BOs, letting your realm move freely the supplies by purposely moving away from them while killing every other player they see,etc... contributing without winning.

You logged too late, or soon idk really. That's not the scenario that I'm speaking of. TM was open in dwarf/ork, in example, with BC being taken by destruction.

I play both sides. That generalization is false, like every other stereotype. You are speaking of the last couple weeks, when order had been vastly outnumbered. The usual population figure at any given time is 45% order, with as low as 40% in some peak hours. In the moment that I write this, 43% order. You are probably speaking of people not giving you free renown, by not making heroic last stands vastly outnumbered but instead fleeing to more defensive positions, and that is the way it's supposed to be. In my experience, both sides are exactly the same, and destruction flee as much as order when the fight is deemed to be a one-sided slaughter.
Spoiler:

Lithenir

Post#130 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:07 pm

Ototo wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:16 am
Lithenir wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:38 am

They can't, that's why they have to defend with the obvious intention to fail, but yesterday they xrealmed so hard, that they overpopulated the supposedly defensive realm by A LOT. That's when you see WBs roaming very far from BOs, letting your realm move freely the supplies by purposely moving away from them while killing every other player they see,etc... contributing without winning.

You logged too late, or soon idk really. That's not the scenario that I'm speaking of. TM was open in dwarf/ork, in example, with BC being taken by destruction.

I play both sides. That generalization is false, like every other stereotype. You are speaking of the last couple weeks, when order had been vastly outnumbered. The usual population figure at any given time is 45% order, with as low as 40% in some peak hours. In the moment that I write this, 43% order. You are probably speaking of people not giving you free renown, by not making heroic last stands vastly outnumbered but instead fleeing to more defensive positions, and that is the way it's supposed to be. In my experience, both sides are exactly the same, and destruction flee as much as order when the fight is deemed to be a one-sided slaughter.
See and yesterday as I logged in population showed 50% order. With SoR and ZonePop telling me that most of the time numbers in the RvR Zones were even and destro were circling for defense. Maybe they just communicate better, tbh it's not really hard to communicate as worse as order mostly does. Order is not capable of organising well.

It's funny that you think I am a destro player with my highest destro being around lvl 20. I play order 95% of the time. And it is not a stereotype it's true 90% of the time. Countless times me and my guildmates have lost against even or lesser numbers because the order players running around us have been running away. Not to defensive positions, just running away to the wc... Or maybe this is defensive position you are talking about...