Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked SC suggestion!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Armoz
Suspended

Ranked SC suggestion!

Post#1 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:55 pm

Hey guys and happy new year to the RoR community!

So i wanted to make a suggestion and hopefully give the RoR team some ideas/inspiration and stuff to think about how to balance Rsc because it really suck for 2 Rdps team compositions

So i came up with this solution!

Since dps pool is so much bigger than Tanks and Healers anyway then 2 tanks, 2 healers, 1 mdps and 1 rdps should work much better! Because if you get into a ranked sc where your team has both rdps and enemy team has only mdps then u get owerwhelmed by 4 people in that fight both tanks and mdps! Melee is always on top of you and as a rdps u can't really do much! But if you balance the matchmaking to pick one rdps and one mdps everytime it should definitetly make it more balanced! Que times shouldn't go up and now each fight is much more fair!

So i hope this is something RoR devs could look into and at least try it for a while and see what people think!

Ads
Ototo

Re: Ranked SC suggestion!

Post#2 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:34 pm

Armoz wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:55 pm (...) Because if you get into a ranked sc where your team has both rdps and enemy team has only mdps then u get owerwhelmed by 4 people in that fight both tanks and mdps! (...)
I'm not too much into non-pug scenarios, so I may be wrong but, I think that this is not a balance trouble of the system, but a balance problem of the team composition that you are using. Idk, maybe queue in no less than a 2-man mdps+rdps is a very easy solution to this.
Spoiler:

ziomek

Post#3 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:48 pm

l2p issue. cw is gr8 map for rdps 6v6. sounds like u r getting caught too easily

Berzar

Post#4 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:22 pm

I agree with Armoz. It has been a long standing issue that RDPS have a much harder time in 6v6, I'm not sure how anyone can argue the contrary.

You do not choose your team composition in Solo Ranked, and kiting does little good when there are no guards or safe spots to get to.

I don't see how a system that initially searches for 1 MDPS and 1 RDPS first, then if it can't be found, fills with whatever else is there, is anything but positive.

Group Ranked is another thing entirely, and a harder nut to crack for the RDPS problem. My two cents.
Zarbix - RR84 Bright Wizard / Zarrbix - RR82 Sorcerer / TheZarbix - RR80 Squig Herder / Zarbbix - RR73 White Lion / TheZarrbix - RR60 Archmage

Come watch and join the community!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/thezarbix

YouTube: https://bit.ly/2rHL8uw

Foltestik

Post#5 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:25 pm

rDPS have edge in RvR, let mDPS have edge in SC

toffikx

Post#6 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:37 pm

Foltestik wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:25 pm rDPS have edge in RvR, let mDPS have edge in SC
How about having them viable in both rvr snd sc :o ?

Sofong

Post#7 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:49 pm

rDPS have edge in RvR and non ranked sc and pug sc
Ask urself how easy it is to kill a melee without guard from 150fts

obamia

Post#8 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:01 am

Maybe just set the rating requirement for rewards per career. DPS will get less games cause more people in DPS queue, and RDPS have harder time already cause of the nature of 6v6. So maybe you can lower the rating to get an item in the future for the RDPS, compared to a healer or tank.

Don't know. But for sure the emblems gain should be removed from ranked sc. Gaining or losing rank is enough, you don't need emblems. If you want emblems just play normal scenarios. This way we will not have the green gear or afk fiesta that is happening which tries to leech emblems and doesn't really care about rating.

Ads
toffikx

Post#9 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:25 pm

Armoz wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:55 pm 2 tanks, 2 healers, 1 mdps and 1 rdps should work much better!
This, please.

dalen
Developer

Post#10 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:16 am

Would rather just have the system match amount of mdps & rdps on both sides to be equal instead of having it fixed to 1 mdps & 1 rdps.

So to clarify, depending on who is in the queue you could then get either:
  • 2 MDPS vs 2 MDPS
  • 1 MDPS & 1 RDPS vs 1 MDPS & 1 RDPS
  • 2 RDPS vs 2 RDPS
Source Developer