Recent Topics

Ads

dps is over powered

Let's talk about... everything else
Tankbeardz

Re: dps is over powered

Post#41 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:54 pm

Goermsi wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:31 am
Tankbeardz wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:28 am I can easily show you how wrong you are. Sure if 3 dps are on u and u are HD'ed and KD'ed you will die...like any other healer.
Gladly ;-)
Write me a PM, I am European and have time for a rendezvous tonight from 19 o'clock. Gladly with a chat about Discrod. Bring your friends if possible, the more to test the better. Maybe there are duels in the chaos desert, you could connect.

But please explain to me briefly why and what am I wrong about? What exactly is your statement aiming at?
I was going to write up this whole long guide..but I gave up. If you are in Vanq and are stacking armor/wounds with 0% to be crit, you should be just fine. I'm not sure what time zone you are in but you can add Tankbeardz #9481. If you want to bring some melee to try and kill me solo...be my guest...but you could see a lot more in action in SCs / RvR.

Ads
hammerhead

Post#42 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:23 pm

One must be absolutely blind so as not to see numbers. Winds Impervious + Liniment of the Inexorable Aegis, 0 crit chance + See At All Before. 0 outgoing dmg.
If you not run which Kobs or AM ressist buff its more like unpunished shooting of unarmed people from a safe distance.
(\|)o0(|/)

havartii

Post#43 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:26 pm

I would say this thread has been somewhat of a success, most people admit dps is too strong, yes there is some gear and traits to counter this meta, the fact is you do that at a cost to other traits you may get like actual heals
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

havartii

Post#44 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:27 pm

plz buff shaman
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Sulorie

Post#45 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:08 pm

havartii wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:27 pm plz buff shaman
No buffs needed, says a shaman player.
Dying is no option.

blakokami

Post#46 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:03 pm

I agree with the OP. dps classes can kill me in 1 second even when I detaunt them and triple pot. It's because all order dps players use nerfed buttons to bypass the global cool down so they one shot me with their cheat engine. BW's seem to use this cheat more than other players because they can't win without cheating and they have no honor.
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

carlos

Post#47 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:59 pm

blakokami wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:03 pm I agree with the OP. dps classes can kill me in 1 second even when I detaunt them and triple pot. It's because all order dps players use nerfed buttons to bypass the global cool down so they one shot me with their cheat engine. BW's seem to use this cheat more than other players because they can't win without cheating and they have no honor.
Haven't this myth been crushed... like 7 yrs ago?
There isn't a way to to bypass the GCD, the BW's, in this case, are just somewhat good at what are they are doing and stack the ticks on you.
Starfkr

Flavorburst

Post#48 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:27 am

carlos wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:59 pm
blakokami wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:03 pm I agree with the OP. dps classes can kill me in 1 second even when I detaunt them and triple pot. It's because all order dps players use nerfed buttons to bypass the global cool down so they one shot me with their cheat engine. BW's seem to use this cheat more than other players because they can't win without cheating and they have no honor.
Haven't this myth been crushed... like 7 yrs ago?
There isn't a way to to bypass the GCD, the BW's, in this case, are just somewhat good at what are they are doing and stack the ticks on you.
jebaited

Ads
Twyxx

Post#49 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:27 am

hammerhead wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:23 pm Image

One must be absolutely blind so as not to see numbers. Winds Impervious + Liniment of the Inexorable Aegis, 0 crit chance + See At All Before. 0 outgoing dmg.
If you not run which Kobs or AM ressist buff its more like unpunished shooting of unarmed people from a safe distance.
Was this on a healer? Why is your dodge/disrupt so low?
Edit: NM I see the parry stats and I assume not, but still...

Twyxx

Post#50 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:38 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:23 pm 24 AOE made DPS God in RVR. Well, of course, it’s more interesting to play DPS, and most importantly if you play bad on dps, then few people can see it, but if you play poorly on a healer then everyone sees it at once and writes all sorts of nasty things to PM).
Twyxx wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:32 pm If you're playing a healer and you're dying in a few seconds to dps (especially 1-2), you're doing something very, very wrong.
it all depends on the level of rr and equipment (healer vs dps), as well as on the skill of the enemy to play for DPS. if you play as a low-level healer, then you just can’t survive the 3 sec stun from hi rr witch elf, but even if you play as a high-level healer, you can be killed in a few seconds by burst BW, or SH, or ENG.
Yeah, a low level healer isn't going to survive against higher level dps, but that isn't indicative of a problem w/ DPS in particular. The healer just has to level up.
As for RPDS vs healer, stack dodge/disrupt, get resist buffs via group or lini, press detaunt, use morales/pots and line of sight. Sometimes **** happens & you die, but then you just respawn and move on.