Recent Topics

Ads

Can You Please Fix Forts

Let's talk about... everything else
CountTalabecland

Can You Please Fix Forts

Post#1 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:56 pm

Trying to play Order during forts right now is terrible. You have like 5 minutes to try to fight against 120% plus aao to get enough kills to get contribution. Stage II is usually forfeited due to the overwhelming numbers and then you can maybe get a few kills trying to funnel. I know there was a lot of flak by ppl on here about population cap but it was necessary to protect against the zerg.

Right now there is no incentive to defend so people just log onto dest for free renown and medallions meanwhile the handful of Order get nothing and no contribution.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
Shavalen
Banned

Re: Can You Please Fix Forts

Post#2 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:28 pm

It's obvious the dev's favor destro classes. No use fighting the powers that be

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:30 pm

Shavalen wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:28 pm It's obvious the dev's favor destro classes. No use fighting the powers that be
Trolling staff is a bad idea. Leave us out of it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Chinesehero

Post#4 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:57 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:30 pm
Shavalen wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:28 pm It's obvious the dev's favor destro classes. No use fighting the powers that be
Trolling staff is a bad idea. Leave us out of it.
Make Order Great again?! :lol:

Alfa1986

Post#5 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:19 pm

are you talking about the fort where the order for two open warbands had only one healer?)
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ninjagon

Post#6 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:09 pm

Fell like outnumbered, melted, steamrolled over and over again?
No reason to fight and defend?
And where is your pride? Where is your faith? Where is your will to stand against the odds?
Fortress system will not change. Deal with it.

Maybe you just need someone to show you the way.
New friends, who will never give up.
Seek the mighty Order alliances here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12579
Surrender is not an option.
There, you will not be alone, friend.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

wpc56
Suspended

Post#7 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:45 pm

Under fortunately it is how fort is "currently" designed. Equal number (20~40 aao) you can't overcome a defensive unless you are coordinated... leading to most forts I've been in NA timezone with a lot of afker in attacker's spawn point waiting for welfare 4 medallions and the only way to ensure a win is to zerg it with 100+ aao for a guarantee win

Lose = no rr reward or very little with 4 medals
Win = 30k rr reward, 6 medals and a "small" chance to win a bag

My baby marauder with merc set is 40/41 with 20+ invader medallions... I think he should be able to afford half the set by the time he can wear them.

Last patch implemented "last minute" x-realming limitation to prevent x-realming "mid" fort... but you can speculate already in the zone before. If you see 2-40 aao, go defensive... pug attack won't win 80% of the time... if you see 100 aao, switch to other side before last zone is capped... then you get 30k rr and 6 medals in 15 minutes.

You can't change what the dev has implemented, you can choose your own behaviour according to how they've set it up.

Or you can wait for Total war, warhammer dlc to come out this Friday like I am... :P

Detangler

Post#8 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:20 pm

It's been a while since I've been able to play in any serious amount but... are there actually way more destro playing now? I never thought I'd see the day...
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Shavalen
Banned

Post#9 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:40 pm

Let me get this straight. If you lose,not a damn thing. If you win you get the goods. How unfair is that? We (order) are always at an numerical disadvantage,now it will be even worse. We all know which faction is more popular and once more it aint us.So whats the point playing order if your never going to win and never gain any XP?

wpc56
Suspended

Post#10 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:20 am

Well it's not a problem specific to order, just to under populated side. Secondly you also get 4 welfare medallions just no RR bonus for having less ppl. It's about opportunity costs.

You can spend 15 minutes getting 6 medals and 30k rr surfing the zerg or you can spend 15 minute getting stomped for 4 medals and no bonus RR. You make your own choices with your
own time.

You can always go defensive with equal number and press 1 to 3 buttons (if you are lucky) by the doors/choke points for 40 minutes for rr/loots/lower tier medals and a sense of accomplishment.