Recent Topics

Ads

6v6 SC

Let's talk about... everything else
Toonman

Re: 6v6 SC

Post#51 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:44 pm

Lithenir wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:05 am Maybe SCs don't give much reward but in the end it is still much better than the endless zergs in RvR.
Tru dat brah

Ads
scatterthewinds

Post#52 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:58 am

kuj0jotar0 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:15 am
scatterthewinds wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:02 pm What are the project's current views on scenarios?

The general feeling of the community at large is that scenarios are pointless after you acquire the gear you want from them. You see this in general and advice chat when a class like SW or WL is brought up and people start saying "******* useless class in warband play" - as if that's the only kind of play in this game and the only metric in which classes should be judged! This is a shame because it is the closest thing you can get to a fair fight in ROR numbers-wise. The truth is, way back in the day, the original decision to separate solo queue and premade queue was probably the wrong one that hurt a unique part of the game. **If anything, the decision should've been the opposite one - prevent queuing unless you're with a full 6 man group.** Compare to the PVE instances: Both SCs and PVE are required for certain end-game gear. Why should PVE require a full and balanced group with tanks, dps and healers but SCs do not? If the dungeons have shown us anything it is that if the reward is large enough (gear) EVERYONE - regardless of whether the player is casual or more hardcore - will find a group to do the content. Making a group necessitates interactions within the playerbase which in turn promotes the health of the community. The current system does not promote grouping for SC play because the reward:effort ratio of grouping is not worth it. So when the next sc gear set is released (if there is one) perhaps consider mandatory 2-2-2 or 1-3-2 grouping to enter queue and maybe reduce the overall amount of medals by say 50% of the current figures to compensate for the inconvenience. I guarantee the net result will be more sc activity (which is a good thing unless the project does not like scenarios hence my original question at the start of this post). I'd still allow solo queue but not grant medals and reduce renown to further promote the group queue. This would be a breath of fresh air to alot of people. I think the bulk of the population have never experienced or even attempted small scale combat and it would diversify their gameplay experience. It would be something new to them where they get to use equipment, tactics and abilities that they would otherwise never use in oRVR.

Another idea would be to somehow tie in scenarios to locking zones. I don't know how exactly because the victory point system is no longer used, but maybe you could pair specific scenarios to each orvr zone and grant a small amount of resources to the winning side. Or maybe winning a scenario grants +/- 1 percentage point of HP or damage mitigation or damage to the lords of the zone. Together with my proposition in the first paragraph you would have a system that integrate together nicely with tangible reasons for playing both modes of the game. And also it allows all classes to be useful in the grand scale of the faction vs faction narrative in which this game is set. And, it makes people feel important when they see a +6% buff on a lord that they helped earn from a few scenarios they did an hour ago.

Overall out of all the aspects of ROR - oRVR, Forts, Dungeons, SCs, SCs are currently the weakest implemented of them all.

Good luck with your fresh 40/40 annihilator vs lvl 80s tryhard premade.

Your mandatory premade scs will make new players experience miserable and reduce scs population to only veterans.
First, the devs will never implement so our discussion on this topic is moot. But, for the sake of argument, I think there are very few rr80 veteran premades nowadays. I'd say there are about 10 decent groups max in the entire server. We could probably name them all right here if we tried. Most of the pops are going to be normal folk fighting normal folk. Any renown/gear gap is no different than situations in orvr, but at least with even numbers.

Uthwe

kuj0jotar0

Post#53 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:22 am

scatterthewinds wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:58 am
kuj0jotar0 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:15 am
scatterthewinds wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:02 pm What are the project's current views on scenarios?

The general feeling of the community at large is that scenarios are pointless after you acquire the gear you want from them. You see this in general and advice chat when a class like SW or WL is brought up and people start saying "******* useless class in warband play" - as if that's the only kind of play in this game and the only metric in which classes should be judged! This is a shame because it is the closest thing you can get to a fair fight in ROR numbers-wise. The truth is, way back in the day, the original decision to separate solo queue and premade queue was probably the wrong one that hurt a unique part of the game. **If anything, the decision should've been the opposite one - prevent queuing unless you're with a full 6 man group.** Compare to the PVE instances: Both SCs and PVE are required for certain end-game gear. Why should PVE require a full and balanced group with tanks, dps and healers but SCs do not? If the dungeons have shown us anything it is that if the reward is large enough (gear) EVERYONE - regardless of whether the player is casual or more hardcore - will find a group to do the content. Making a group necessitates interactions within the playerbase which in turn promotes the health of the community. The current system does not promote grouping for SC play because the reward:effort ratio of grouping is not worth it. So when the next sc gear set is released (if there is one) perhaps consider mandatory 2-2-2 or 1-3-2 grouping to enter queue and maybe reduce the overall amount of medals by say 50% of the current figures to compensate for the inconvenience. I guarantee the net result will be more sc activity (which is a good thing unless the project does not like scenarios hence my original question at the start of this post). I'd still allow solo queue but not grant medals and reduce renown to further promote the group queue. This would be a breath of fresh air to alot of people. I think the bulk of the population have never experienced or even attempted small scale combat and it would diversify their gameplay experience. It would be something new to them where they get to use equipment, tactics and abilities that they would otherwise never use in oRVR.

Another idea would be to somehow tie in scenarios to locking zones. I don't know how exactly because the victory point system is no longer used, but maybe you could pair specific scenarios to each orvr zone and grant a small amount of resources to the winning side. Or maybe winning a scenario grants +/- 1 percentage point of HP or damage mitigation or damage to the lords of the zone. Together with my proposition in the first paragraph you would have a system that integrate together nicely with tangible reasons for playing both modes of the game. And also it allows all classes to be useful in the grand scale of the faction vs faction narrative in which this game is set. And, it makes people feel important when they see a +6% buff on a lord that they helped earn from a few scenarios they did an hour ago.

Overall out of all the aspects of ROR - oRVR, Forts, Dungeons, SCs, SCs are currently the weakest implemented of them all.

Good luck with your fresh 40/40 annihilator vs lvl 80s tryhard premade.

Your mandatory premade scs will make new players experience miserable and reduce scs population to only veterans.
First, the devs will never implement so our discussion on this topic is moot. But, for the sake of argument, I think there are very few rr80 veteran premades nowadays. I'd say there are about 10 decent groups max in the entire server. We could probably name them all right here if we tried. Most of the pops are going to be normal folk fighting normal folk. Any renown/gear gap is no different than situations in orvr, but at least with even numbers.

Uthwe
Man, if they put bis in scs rewards with mandatory 6men, you can bet my ass I will only join with high renown players that I know they r good at pvp and a lot of ppl will do the same, I'm pretty sure about that.

scatterthewinds

Post#54 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:25 am

Absolutely. I imagine the progression would be like when gunbad opened. A lot of failing from people who don't know what to do until they learn what to do and get better. Look, every veteran small scale player started out the same - and through experience, asking questions, testing, and refining gameplay they reached the point they are at.

blechkautz

Post#55 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:20 am

blechkautz

Post#56 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:00 pm

Twyxx

Post#57 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:12 am

I'm still rooting for moon 6v6s.

Yaliskah
Former Staff