Recent Topics

Ads

Solo Roaming DOK VIDs from x2 RR Week

Fan art? Some amazing artists in here.
RvR Videos? 6v6 fights? Show off your skills!
Looking to stream the game? We encourage it!
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tom

Solo Roaming DOK VIDs from x2 RR Week

Post#1 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:29 am

Had fun solo roaming on DOK Puree, House of Cards, during the x2 rr week, and put some of the moments into 2 part video.
(for some reason part 2 picture quality is much worse, despite being exactly the same as part 1 before uploading them ) :o :lol:

Part 1

Click here to watch on YouTube

Part 2

Click here to watch on YouTube

Ads
larsulu
Suspended

Re: Solo Roaming DOK VIDs from x2 RR Week

Post#2 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:21 pm

Nice fights!
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Akalukz

Post#3 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:04 pm

nice, what's your spec / gear
-= Agony =-

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#4 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:28 pm

im just curious...what is the addon at the rifght side of screen ?? looks like show you nearest targets?? friendly and enemy??

Zxul

Post#5 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:51 pm

Nicely done. Looking at tactics, use of Cleave Soul as main attck + heals, I guess something similar to the build which I'm currently using on my dok?

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=33084
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Tom

Post#6 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:12 am

Zxul wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:51 pm Nicely done. Looking at tactics, use of Cleave Soul as main attck + heals, I guess something similar to the build which I'm currently using on my dok?

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=33084
Yes, I believe we are thinking along the same lines but maybe coming from slightly different angles.. whether or not, it seems we end up in a similar view on build yes. This past week I ran with KV from Dark Rites and then main Torture...

I used to play a melee DOK that was predominantly high crit/high parry with remaining renown spend into FS/inititative which worked well for my playstyle, but that build had in my view 3 must-haves, none of which is available to me here or at the moment:
(i) very high renown rank needed to put it all together - now my current DOK is only around rr 54-55
(ii) transfer essence as main reliable self heal (with or without extra heal tactic - it always fought for the 4th tactic slot depending on whether solo or party setup) - obviously TE is not available here unless you give up dual wield.
(iii) I would not play that build without Resolute Defense to be able to preempt CC attempts which was the obvious risk factor at critical moments. Building up M2 Focused Mind is for me nowhere near a substitute, not to mention you can't use other morales in that case.

As is very obvious and also shows in my short video, almost every encounter, enemies will attempt an early debilitating action - an early knockdown, root, stagger or punt away if ranged or heal classes etc to gain some aspect of early advantage, and so without an ability to counter this as DOK (and especially if not having a friendly tank around - my entire reasoning here is from an eclectic small scale situation) all the above lead me down the passive mitigation lane (armor/tough/resist - what i can control), together with SI and I picked up KV as an extra HoT, also covering for some of the risk of interrupted (or out of range) Rend Soul.

I'm not logged in right now so I don't have the dps stats here but Cleave Soul is obviously a significant damage source (Flay hitting harder when not on cooldown). I'm not sure I'd call it 'main attack'. I ran without Murderous Intent so trading crit for more heal but I'm thinking if running combined the 3 ability dots + KI tactic + M1 Steal Life ticking on the target maybe it can add a pressure to an extent even if not fill the crit loss gap, so my "main attack" is {all of the above piled on on the target and then CS/Flay} :lol: ... atleast until I have had a real look at the DPS addon ha ha, after that who knows... But Cleave Soul is certainly my on demand spammable Soul Essence generator when less than 3 order in front!

Tom

Post#7 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:50 am

emiliorv wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:28 pm im just curious...what is the addon at the rifght side of screen ?? looks like show you nearest targets?? friendly and enemy??
The add-on is called: Targets

Zxul

Post#8 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:27 am

Tom wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:12 am I'm not logged in right now so I don't have the dps stats here but Cleave Soul is obviously a significant damage source (Flay hitting harder when not on cooldown). I'm not sure I'd call it 'main attack'. I ran without Murderous Intent so trading crit for more heal but I'm thinking if running combined the 3 ability dots + KI tactic + M1 Steal Life ticking on the target maybe it can add a pressure to an extent even if not fill the crit loss gap, so my "main attack" is {all of the above piled on on the target and then CS/Flay} :lol: ... atleast until I have had a real look at the DPS addon ha ha, after that who knows... But Cleave Soul is certainly my on demand spammable Soul Essence generator when less than 3 order in front!
I tested SE as additional dot, problem is the dot part seem to do little dmg- I decided I would rather spend the point into general tree for a little boost to dmg of other abilities.

Also about Soul Essence and using chalice instead of second sword- since in this build large % of dmg comes from procs which gain nothing from weapon's dps, I prefer chalice to guarantee I won't run out of SE even if kited- another weak spot covered. Subj chalice even has a dmg proc- 2% for 360 I think dmg on being hit, making it scale with enemy's aa haste/ dual wield practically speaking (and testing, it doesn't removes detaunt).

Some way to get a better burst would be nice, but so far best bet if facing say an AM with a semi decent healing seems to be to wait 3 min for VoT to charge, then spike.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
wiscel

Post#9 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:33 am

Watching the vids makes me want to play my Dok again, but not looking forward to grinding lots of scens to get the dps gear :D
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

Barracudax

Post#10 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:56 am

I can say that this player is about the RVR and plays the RVR, in contrast to the famous inhabitants of the WC.
Well done, not afraid to be on the front line 8-)