Recent Topics

Ads

[Theorycrafting] Toughness is broken (or useless) for DoTs

Let's talk about... everything else
Skullgrin

Re: [Theorycrafting] Toughness is broken (or useless) for DoTs

Post#81 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:39 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:26 am Any feedback from dotters??

I witnessed an AM bitching about it for around an hour last night in Order general chat, does that count? :lol:
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads
Grock

Post#82 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:39 pm

Ysaran wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:48 am
WExWH wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:38 am u should create a ticket on bugtracker>bleed 'em Out don't ignore toughness ;)
That's not the point. Bleed 'Em Out was scaling with Strength until some time ago (3 or 4 month) but Dev took away the strength contribution from the damage calculation since the ability inflicted too much damage. Since Bleed 'em Out is a DoT and now DoT are mitigated correctly then now damage should receive strength contribution. It's not a bug, it's a balance issue
Im pretty sure its the opposite, STR bonus was added only recently.
And it does scale with STR right now, it just doesn't show up in the tooltip. Tested it just an hour ago
Ysaran wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:22 pm You are wrong. Toughness is always applied, no matter what.
This is also incorrect, there are still some damage sources that aren't affected by toughness.
Not sure if there are still actual abilities like that though.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Zxul

Post#83 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:58 pm

Grock wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:39 pm This is also incorrect, there are still some damage sources that aren't affected by toughness.
Procs- whatever weapon, tactic (like Jagged Edge), or dok covs, some abilities (like the hit on move part from chosen Touch of Palsy).
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ysaran

Post#84 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:11 pm

Zxul wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:58 pm
Grock wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:39 pm This is also incorrect, there are still some damage sources that aren't affected by toughness.
Procs- whatever weapon, tactic (like Jagged Edge), or dok covs, some abilities (like the hit on move part from chosen Touch of Palsy).
and Morales, yes. i was referring to skill, thoughness shoul be applied to all skill's damage even if the offensive stat doesn't contribute. at least this is how it should work if the formula on the forum is correct
Zputadenti

Ysaran

Post#85 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:20 pm

Grock wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:39 pm
Ysaran wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:48 am
WExWH wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:38 am u should create a ticket on bugtracker>bleed 'em Out don't ignore toughness ;)
That's not the point. Bleed 'Em Out was scaling with Strength until some time ago (3 or 4 month) but Dev took away the strength contribution from the damage calculation since the ability inflicted too much damage. Since Bleed 'em Out is a DoT and now DoT are mitigated correctly then now damage should receive strength contribution. It's not a bug, it's a balance issue
Im pretty sure its the opposite, STR bonus was added only recently.
wrong. you are referring to
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=32939&p=371293&hilit=Bleed#p371293
but strenght isn't been added.

Grock wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:39 pm And it does scale with STR right now, it just doesn't show up in the tooltip. Tested it just an hour ago
this is right. i remember that they took away strenght from Bleed 'em out but i can't find the patch. they took away it because of some problem with the scaling and was opened a bugtracker ticket, anyway i found this
viewtopic.php?f=97&t=30413.
i made some test too and it seems to be scaling with strenght, my bad
Zputadenti