Recent Topics

Ads

Is This Intentional?

Let's talk about... everything else
oaliaen

Re: Is This Intentional?

Post#61 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:16 pm

sorry if i hurted your feelings buddy... =)

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#62 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:16 am

Dabbart wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:47 pm
Spoiler:
Onemantankwall wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:38 pm
sorry to tell ya forts have always been population balanced and therefor these crazy numbers you keep coming up with in your head are nonexistent. fort pops 20% in difference therefor you cant ride your blob into it and thus your always losing., as nath told you this population advantage is all in your head, get over it.
Don't you have an empty zone to go attack? Cause you obviously can't follow the discussion. Quick question, what's 20% of 40? is 40 vs 32+lord a "balanced" or winnable fight for the 40 everything being equal(skill/rank/coms/not playing like children/etc)? Because that is the issue. 40 vs. 32 is basically even, even though yes, it is 20% off.

Also, Nath already said that if you enter then leave the fort you still count as in for purposes of defenders numbers, and also gave no answer as to if there is any reason NOT to do this. I intend to test next fort, login for stage 1, take 1 flag stage 2, get 1 DB, then leave the fort. I have a feeling I'll still get my medals.

Nath also said, that Defenders never get removed due to attackers leaving. So yea, those crazy numbers are entirely possible. If you had any reading comprehension or situational awareness...

Lastly, I love this server and this game. But anyone who has been on this server for a few years knows that bugs occur. I remember when the Devs finally managed to fix the bug that caused players taking an SC to NOT count towards realm pop for AAO purposes. We had been complaining about numbers being off for awhile. Got your standard type responses to it. When people said HTL was worthless! well, turned out it just flat out didn't work! took Hao and co testing and posting vids before anyone believed them and fixed it. FFS, it's only been like a year since healers even had a functional M4! No. Sorry Nath, but I don't have faith in all the code working as intended. Not when my eyes/zone-pop addons are showing me something very different.
Hrm I think I might not have been clear or some kind of miscommunication has happened. When leaving the fort you are still in the pool to gain rewards from the fort but not counted as defender or attacker for the fort anymore. And as for code I will say that ofc bugs can happen but ofc there has to be evidence of said bugs as otherwise we will get nowhere. Especially since in internal testing there has been no such issues noticed. (which also means that even if it does indeed bug I might need data from players to even find said bug when I do think its there).

Azalya

Post#63 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:27 pm

oaliaen wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:16 pm sorry if i hurted your feelings buddy... =)
No. Please, let me apologize if you think you're relevant enough to hurt my feelings. =)
Azalya-Klementyne-Ophelia-Clover

oaliaen

Post#64 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:27 pm

Well, seems you like to waste your time mate. =)

jasonX
Suspended

Post#65 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:37 pm

ChicagoJoe wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:52 am Hey buddy. Played with you a bunch when you were with order and greatly respect you and your leadership and tactics however enough of us know the tactics. Something isn’t scaling properly. Kinda silly on an alpha to always assume user error.
Cheers mate. Might have gotten this all wrong.
Are you getting "absorb" messages when hitting the lord as mdps?
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

saupreusse
Developer

Post#66 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:01 pm

Onemantankwall wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:35 am
saupreusse wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:06 am I dont know why some ppl here arw talking about a learn to play issue since theres nothing the guys in the video couls have done to prevent this from happening.
Theres a system in place that scales the lord and as you can see its not working as intended. No organized guild warband of this size would have been able to down the lord in time. There already was 0 interference from destro.
Except it is... thry failed stage 2 by zerging losing to back caps = door repair which buffs the lord up. Well they struggled so hard lord became the hulk causing an eventual lose. (Its like getting roflstomped in a sc but still winning because you did the objective.)
Atm thats how forts work. Now if Nath mixes it up maybe it could be more than ring around the rosey for 40-50 mins.
Youre making no sense. Even if stage 2 attempt was a fail, why shouldnt a team not be able to fight their way back? Obviously the defenders throwed the game and got themselves all killed. The lord was alone and still they couldnt beat it. If i follow your logic the fort could have ended much earlier then, since there was no way the attackers could have won after their "failed second stage" and saved everyone a lot of their time.

ChicagoJoe

Post#67 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:55 pm

jasonX wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:37 pm
ChicagoJoe wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:52 am Hey buddy. Played with you a bunch when you were with order and greatly respect you and your leadership and tactics however enough of us know the tactics. Something isn’t scaling properly. Kinda silly on an alpha to always assume user error.
I have been using a tank lately to get another full invader set, so I don't know. I think the absorb was happening across all damage dealers, and types, except morales. Tried morale pumps and other tactics to help. So little damage coming through it seemed wrong. Admittingly, lots of pug players, not always the best mix, but adequate as that has generally been the case. As you probably know, typically lucky to have one wb on coms NA prime.

I haven't been in a fortress since last week before the patch since we have been frustrating each others attempts recently.

Post patch, regular keep lords have gone down really quickly though. Maybe too much so. Maybe the hp scaling will balance it out in fortress, but appreciate the developers attention as many have stopped wanting to lead futile attempts... not good for PVP as we need players on both sides to keep it fun.

Miss you on order though, you were one of the best wb leads, maybe you would have figured it out, but truly think it was mechanics.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#68 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:02 pm

ChicagoJoe wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:55 pm
jasonX wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:37 pm
I have been using a tank lately to get another full invader set, so I don't know. I think the absorb was happening across all damage dealers, and types, except morales. Tried morale pumps and other tactics to help. So little damage coming through it seemed wrong. Admittingly, lots of pug players, not always the best mix, but adequate as that has generally been the case. As you probably know, typically lucky to have one wb on coms NA prime.

I haven't been in a fortress since last week before the patch since we have been frustrating each others attempts recently.

Post patch, regular keep lords have gone down really quickly though. Maybe too much so. Maybe the hp scaling will balance it out in fortress, but appreciate the developers attention as many have stopped wanting to lead futile attempts... not good for PVP as we need players on both sides to keep it fun.

Miss you on order though, you were one of the best wb leads, maybe you would have figured it out, but truly think it was mechanics.
The patch did not affect keep lords at all, so any perceived change is due to other factors.

Ads
Pkunk

Post#69 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:27 am

It seems fort lord need even more nerf for USA time. Just saw this salt factory guild fail at killing lord before timer ran out, again. Its not fair that this happens time after time.