Recent Topics

Ads

Is This Intentional?

Let's talk about... everything else
dansari

Re: Is This Intentional?

Post#41 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:10 pm

Onemantankwall wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:23 pm
Uk why you didnt mention monday? Oh yea thats because destro won fort assault by beating stage 2 mechanics. But uk... you havent seen destro take a fort. Maybe because you only play when order's blob zerging. Hey it sucks when all you can do is zerg to win but still lose. But the tears are well collected all the same.

Whats absolutely hilarious about all this?!?!?! Members of L2P got 5/6 of the gold bags for winning mondays fort assault (i got a purp) (my rngs always **** on destro while my order hogs gold bags RNG is order bias!!!)
I heard about that. I heard the order defending didn't even push from 3rd floor and just let you face tank the fort lord with no defense. How many more people did you have in that fort, since SF wasn't there with any semblance of numbers? Funny how when Order are pushing your **** in night after night it's "zerging" (SF normally has 8-15 and when we crest 1.5 groups it's because we merge with VVG and others, so it's hilarious that that's "zerging" but I digress) but when SF isn't around and you miraculously push a zone for the first time in weeks it's "mechanics."

Also getting pretty tired of EU fanboiz jumping into general chat and spreading misinformation. People who play solo WHs and WLs in fort and blaming the actually coordinated "wbs" (read: barely 2.5 formidable groups) for losing fort attack when clearly it's been established that the Lord doesn't scale correctly (truly appreciate nath for fixing that soon). We've gotten enough garbage from L2P losing every zone on Wednesdays (their supposed wb night) for the past month or so, sitting in jail en masse getting their bags with the "everything is fine" meme, to then have to get more garbage from the aforementioned solo champions of the realm, who should know better.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Dabbart

Post#42 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:19 pm

Spoiler:
Onemantankwall wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:23 pm Uk why you didnt mention monday? Oh yea thats because destro won fort assault by beating stage 2 mechanics. But uk... you havent seen destro take a fort. Maybe because you only play when order's blob zerging. Hey it sucks when all you can do is zerg to win but still lose. But the tears are well collected all the same.

Whats absolutely hilarious about all this?!?!?! Members of L2P got 5/6 of the gold bags for winning mondays fort assault (i got a purp) (my rngs always **** on destro while my order hogs gold bags RNG is order bias!!!)
Because it was nearly 10pm PST when you guys got to fort. Everyone had logged off to go to bed already. I think there was 4 SF members in that fort. And Dan wasn't on at all Monday.

And you fail to mention how Order decided to sit on 3rd floor and do nothing. Never try to push down, just sat there and let you tank/spank the Lord. We also had 1 slayer and 1 BW in the entire fort. Lots of ST engi's, Wls, and DPS AMs though. But hey! 1fort fell during NA time in the what? past month+?

And I fail to see how that's hilarious. What % of the players in the fort were l2p? Was there even another organized group? ofc you guys got top contribution... Your only intent is to try and puff yourself/guild up and talk ****. Do you honestly think there is no issue with Forts as they stand for NA time? Or do you just fundamentally not understand how Contribution works?

Also, keep tossing that Zerging statement around when you regularly get wiped by 6-12mans in your WB, or flee to empty zones cause you can't win when order has AAO. Yep, '"splitting the zerg" you call it when you outnumber us. I call it boring us to sleep so you can actually cap a zone. Btw, that 12man group on Monday that made you flee to empty BV twice? Yea, that was a DPS WP, DPS AM main group...

The only time order gets AAO is after we curb stomp you a few times. Or wednesdays.

Edit: I will give you guys credit though for Monday Stage 2. You were FAR more organized than Order pugs who just wanted to run in a circle and ignore most of the flags. Congrats, you're better than ungrouped PUGs.

Edit2: Btw, even with all this, I still appreciate you guys actually coming out to TRY and fight sometimes. It's not like there's anyone else trying to lead an assault on destro side NA time. I just don't get the childishness from you. Like that PM rampage to "see how I really feel", what are you a 12yr old girl? All you had to do was ask. Y'all are PUGs in coms. And you stole your guild name. Lrn2play was created on Order side years ago.
Last edited by Dabbart on Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

dansari

Post#43 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:34 pm

Dabbart wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:19 pm Because it was nearly 10pm PST
Wait it was 1a Eastern?

<Salt Factory>

Tankbeardz

Post#44 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:36 pm

I like where this is headed.

Onemantankwall

Post#45 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:38 pm

dansari wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:10 pm
Uk why you didnt mention monday? Oh yea thats because destro won fort assault by beating stage 2 mechanics. But uk... you havent seen destro take a fort. Maybe because you only play when order's blob zerging. Hey it sucks when all you can do is zerg to win but still lose. But the tears are well collected all the same.

I heard about that. I heard the order defending didn't even push from 3rd floor and just let you face tank the fort lord with no defense. How many more people did you have in that fort, since SF wasn't there with any semblance of numbers? Funny how when Order are pushing your **** in night after night it's "zerging" (SF normally has 8-15 and when we crest 1.5 groups it's because we merge with VVG and others, so it's hilarious that that's "zerging" but I digress) but when SF isn't around and you miraculously push a zone for the first time in weeks it's "mechanics."

Also getting pretty tired of EU fanboiz jumping into general chat and spreading misinformation. People who play solo WHs and WLs in fort and blaming the actually coordinated "wbs" (read: barely 2.5 formidable groups) for losing fort attack when clearly it's been established that the Lord doesn't scale correctly (truly appreciate nath for fixing that soon). We've gotten enough garbage from L2P losing every zone on Wednesdays (their supposed wb night) for the past month or so, sitting in jail en masse getting their bags with the "everything is fine" meme, to then have to get more garbage from the aforementioned solo champions of the realm, who should know better.
sorry to tell ya forts have always been population balanced and therefor these crazy numbers you keep coming up with in your head are nonexistent. fort pops 20% in difference therefor you cant ride your blob into it and thus your always losing., as nath told you this population advantage is all in your head, get over it.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

dansari

Post#46 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:41 pm

Onemantankwall wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:38 pm sorry to tell ya forts have always been population balanced and therefor these crazy numbers you keep coming up with in your head are nonexistent. fort pops 20% in difference therefor you cant ride your blob into it and thus your always losing., as nath told you this population advantage is all in your head, get over it.
Quality content from the pve legend himself.
<Salt Factory>

Dabbart

Post#47 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:47 pm

Spoiler:
Onemantankwall wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:38 pm
sorry to tell ya forts have always been population balanced and therefor these crazy numbers you keep coming up with in your head are nonexistent. fort pops 20% in difference therefor you cant ride your blob into it and thus your always losing., as nath told you this population advantage is all in your head, get over it.
Don't you have an empty zone to go attack? Cause you obviously can't follow the discussion. Quick question, what's 20% of 40? is 40 vs 32+lord a "balanced" or winnable fight for the 40 everything being equal(skill/rank/coms/not playing like children/etc)? Because that is the issue. 40 vs. 32 is basically even, even though yes, it is 20% off.

Also, Nath already said that if you enter then leave the fort you still count as in for purposes of defenders numbers, and also gave no answer as to if there is any reason NOT to do this. I intend to test next fort, login for stage 1, take 1 flag stage 2, get 1 DB, then leave the fort. I have a feeling I'll still get my medals.

Nath also said, that Defenders never get removed due to attackers leaving. So yea, those crazy numbers are entirely possible. If you had any reading comprehension or situational awareness...

Lastly, I love this server and this game. But anyone who has been on this server for a few years knows that bugs occur. I remember when the Devs finally managed to fix the bug that caused players taking an SC to NOT count towards realm pop for AAO purposes. We had been complaining about numbers being off for awhile. Got your standard type responses to it. When people said HTL was worthless! well, turned out it just flat out didn't work! took Hao and co testing and posting vids before anyone believed them and fixed it. FFS, it's only been like a year since healers even had a functional M4! No. Sorry Nath, but I don't have faith in all the code working as intended. Not when my eyes/zone-pop addons are showing me something very different.
Last edited by Dabbart on Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Onemantankwall

Post#48 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:49 pm

Spoiler:
dansari wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:41 pm
Onemantankwall wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:38 pm sorry to tell ya forts have always been population balanced and therefor these crazy numbers you keep coming up with in your head are nonexistent. fort pops 20% in difference therefor you cant ride your blob into it and thus your always losing., as nath told you this population advantage is all in your head, get over it.
Quality content from the pve legend himself.
instead of finding a excuse to whine and complain ever since you came back, how about Git Gud? Truly miss you bringing all the fights during NA time especially when Fog quit but damn have you come back whiney throwing excuses and tantrums every time you get your ass handed to you (which has been often lately since you havent figured out everything fort yet.) Idk what it was like when you left us for hellokitty online but snap out of it your back with the big boys. :lol:
Chill. Or you will have to face the consequences.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Ads
ChicagoJoe

Post#49 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:04 pm

Flavorburst wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:36 pm
ChicagoJoe wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:14 pm

I think HP are only part of the problem. If you see the video, the boss absorbs AT LEAST 9 of 10 attacks. This happened the last 2 evenings in NA. There is probably scaling to address on the absorb, as well as AOE damage in poison fortresses. E.g., if boss absorbs first 10,000 every 3 secs with 80-100 attackers it should scale down to smaller group.

Sunday night NA poison made push impossible. Tues night NA order lost a BO in stage 2 but whipped destro good and sent them all to jail. 40+ on lord for 15-20 mins, barely dented him. Losing a BO shouldn't equal auto fail.

I haven't seen destro try to take a fort in NA time since the mechanic changes, so discount their comments. L2P is great at getting into the jail and waiting for their bags. Forts are unbeatable in smaller scale as is (NA time). (40-50 vs 30-40) Destro just hasn't complained yet because they are happily defending. However they could AFK and get bags because it is unbeatable in smaller scale.

I did one last night where order def didn't lose stage 2 and it was still the same ****, so I don't really see your point.
I was at the Bears/Skins game Monday night so I missed your glorious victory. I don't know if the lords have mirror mechanics anyway. As Dan said, yesterday Order took all bos stage 2 and couldn't drop lord significantly because majority of damage was absorbed. IMHO that is a big issue. If half of our damage worked we'd be ok, but 1 shot of 6 or 10 is not workable.

This shouldn't be an ego thing. The mechanics need review for scaling. BTW, I love when the game has good leaders and organized play, and L2P and you should be commended, but your inability to recognize an issue isn't cool or good for the game.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

jasonX
Suspended

Post#50 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:54 pm

You ordies do know that there is a way to kill that lord witht the melee shield in under 8 minutes and that the lord melee shield mechanic exists for like 6 months now right? We killed lords like that numerus times in the past few months.
Now I wont tell you the tactic but I am pretty sure you can get it if you ask any destro player tagging along with us on our our fort farms 3 months ago.
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer