Recent Topics

Ads

Is This Intentional?

Let's talk about... everything else
dansari

Re: Is This Intentional?

Post#11 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:02 pm

sullemunk wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:32 pm How long did stage 2 elapse?
Too long. Problem is with such a low pop, solo WEs can backcap your two main groups without much trouble. Normally what happens in this scenario is attackers will try to split into two main groups, holding different areas of the map (we tried to hold bottom 3, for example) but these two groups can easily just get backcapped by a solo or small group while you're trying to fight off a larger defending force, and as defenders have the advantage of being close enough in numbers (if not downright even during NA) and having a central location to fall back on and push from, it can be incredibly hard for attackers to actually do much of anything except run around aimlessly picking up flags that it took a 3-man to take, and the 3-man is just going to come back right after you leave (defenders literally just follow your flag rotation sometimes, avoiding a fight at all costs). The other issue is that if you actually fight a defending force that groups up intermittently, they can easily take out one of your two groups and put you back even further.

In the situation in the video, there is no reason whatsoever that an NPC should be denying attackers a win.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Ysaran

Post#12 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:03 pm

Olszewski wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:44 pm
Akalukz wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:42 pm why can't you kill the lord with destro in jail? Not enough time? took too long to get there? Lord too hard?
Watch the video. Most of ur questions will be answered if you know wut you are seeing.
perhaps if he ask maybe it means that he doesn't know what is looking at? tbh i dont know what i'm looking too, i dont play in NA time
Zputadenti

Akalukz

Post#13 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:12 pm

Ok, i can see the reason why you may be upset... but then again, you weren't fighting with a full contingent of order (or so it seemed) Why should the game be "lowered" in difficulty because one side doesn't bring enough players? I totally get the frustration as I usually play NA times as well...but don't see how it is the game fault that one side or the other cant get enough people to take an objective. It would be like the loser saying no fair, we didn't have enough people to defend.. so the winners shouldn't win. This is basically the attackers not having enough to win the current game and complaining that the defenders won.... well duh...you didn't have enough people. Or maybe I am just missing something, not sure

EDIT: i see dan posted let me read that.

EDIT 2. Seem as if it is a population issue...with a bit of design issue. Only being able get Invader from Fort's is an issue that can be addressed... population not so much. Unless they can tie difficulty to population, which is doubtful.
-= Agony =-

Ekundu01

Post#14 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:18 pm

Looks like a Learn to play issue. You know we have a guild for that on destro side if you need help with game mechanics.
Trismack

dansari

Post#15 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:35 pm

Akalukz wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:12 pm Why should the game be "lowered" in difficulty because one side doesn't bring enough players?
This isn't really a difficulty issue.. more of a scaling of content issue.
Ekundu01 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:18 pm Looks like a Learn to play issue. You know we have a guild for that on destro side if you need help with game mechanics.
Unfortunately I hardly know what it's like to defend a keep from you, much less a fort, seeing as when we have any semblance of numbers on you can't even break outer door :roll:
Ysaran wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:03 pm perhaps if he ask maybe it means that he doesn't know what is looking at? tbh i dont know what i'm looking too, i dont play in NA time
Fort lord hp went down approx 15-20% in 8 minutes with 80-90% of the attacking population dropping full damage + morales on it, which means we would have needed likely over half an hour of time just to take out an npc.
<Salt Factory>

Onemantankwall

Post#16 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:44 pm

dansari wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:35 pm
Akalukz wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:12 pm Why should the game be "lowered" in difficulty because one side doesn't bring enough players?
This isn't really a difficulty issue.. more of a scaling of content issue.

Except it is, same thing happens when u have 100 in a fort. If you zerg (which you seem very use to) bo to bo without leaving a few to defend you stand no chance stage 2. Which has been working as intended since start.

You can try to come up with excuses to why you lose just about every time. But mechanics will win every time no matter how hard you zerg it. Guess #nerfdestro because following stage 2 mechanics we had no problem winning fort attack monday /shrug can scream population every night but your the only 1 who has had issues during NA forts since getting back. (Once again welcome back mate)

Simply.... lose stage 2 as attackers you lose stage 3, atm thats just how fort mechanics work atm.
Last edited by Onemantankwall on Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

oaliaen

Post#17 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:45 pm

Well... ' population is starting to drop ' this is a exemple

Ekundu01

Post#18 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:49 pm

dansari wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:35 pm
Ekundu01 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:18 pm Looks like a Learn to play issue. You know we have a guild for that on destro side if you need help with game mechanics.
Unfortunately I hardly know what it's like to defend a keep from you, much less a fort, seeing as when we have any semblance of numbers on you can't even break outer door :roll:
Well you should feel blessed Learn to Play was doing pve night last night because when we are there you say you can't deal with fort lord mechanics and us and yet when we aren't there you still can't deal with fort lord mechanics so maybe the problem is some other common factor. :roll:
Trismack

Ads
dansari

Post#19 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:51 pm

omtw please learn how quotes work.
<Salt Factory>

dansari

Post#20 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:49 pm Well you should feel blessed Learn to Play was doing pve night last night because when we are there you say you can't deal with fort lord mechanics and us and yet when we aren't there you still can't deal with fort lord mechanics so maybe the problem is some other common factor. :roll:
Who are you?
<Salt Factory>