Recent Topics

Ads

A possible solution to xrealmers

Let's talk about... everything else
rameden

A possible solution to xrealmers

Post#1 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:30 pm

Wanted to bring this to the forums. There was good talk in /1 (I know right) about how to deal with xrealmers. Specifically those xrealmers who swap from the underdogs thus causing an even more imbalance. We already get a buff from swapping to the underdogs so why not the other way around? However this buff would be the opposite, instead of a renown / inf / xp buff you get a lockout for say 1h where you don't get any renown / inf / xp and are automatically locked out of any keep bags. Seems a bit harsh but this is what chat came up and most people seemed to agree it would be helpful.

Thoughts?
Too many alts to count...

Ads
Ysaran

Re: A possible solution to xrealmers

Post#2 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:38 pm

I seen many good solution on forum (and this is one) but I think that we will never solve the problem until ppl have more than one account
Zputadenti

zak68

Post#3 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:30 pm

why do you assume devs think it's a problem ?

Ysaran

Post#4 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:58 pm

Because they introduced a swap lock some time ago and then reverted it cuz of lock bugging out and preventing you to play?
Zputadenti

rameden

Post#5 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:54 pm

Ysaran wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:38 pm I seen many good solution on forum (and this is one) but I think that we will never solve the problem until ppl have more than one account
Sadly this is loop whole that will be very hard, if not impossible, to get around. For the majority of players however what I suggested would work.
Too many alts to count...

adamthelc

Post#6 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:44 pm

Ysaran wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:58 pm Because they introduced a swap lock some time ago and then reverted it cuz of lock bugging out and preventing you to play?
They did that because people wouldnt stop complaining about it like it was some great issue.

Every change that is made because the herd of the clueless find another crusade makes the game just a little bit worse.

My thought is cross rearming is not a problem and therefore doesnt need a solution. The very idea of this thread is loaded.

The only issue that arises is that some people may join a side they think is winning causing a population imbalance. That is kind of lame, but not something you should try to control. I put that person in the category of a bad player and you cant stop bad players from being bad, I've tried.

There are lots of little changes that might seem like a good idea in a vacuum, but when they all start to add up you are going to end up with a game that isnt very fun to play.

Dabbart

Post#7 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:46 pm

I am always curious, how do you measure the playerbase though?

Are you an Evil Xrealmer if you swap to the side that has more players logged in, but has AAO in the ORvR lakes? AAO swaps and swings wildly, and just cause you have AAO in this zone, doesn't mean you are outnumbered across all active zones.

Amount of players logged in? So we are counting those running PvE and exclusively SCs or just hanging out towards who gets a punishment for fighting in ORvR?

What if one side has massive AAO, so players relog to the underdog side, thus making numbers even, should all the players a little slow get a punishment?

What about people who naturally play both sides with different guilds due to timezone?

Am I allowed to login to the other realm to send Mail and then relog without suffering punishment?

And on, and on, and on. Seriously, OP has been here long enough to see the massive amount of these threads... There's a reason these very basic changes and idea's haven't been input. And I'm sure you'll have basic answers that seem really common sense to all the points I raised, but then more will ensue. You could find all of these if you used the search function.

Doing so, you'll also see all the reasons why massive AAO swings could have very, very little to do with Xrealming. Unless you personally know someone or a guild, and see them swap over, you can't call Xrealm. There are too many other factors. Everything proposed could be massive amounts of work, for zero benefit, while punishing players for just playing the game.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:43 pm

Cross realming? You mean enjoying the game to the fullest by playing both realms? Why is this a problem?

I am sorry if you feel that everyone should just play half a game. If that is what you want for yourself, by all means, play just half a game. But do not try to force your limited scope of possibilities, on others.

Personally I have decided to switch sides and have been ranking up a few dessie characters. I would hate to have to one day stop because some holier than though I want to play half a game person felt I should play like they do.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
zak68

Post#9 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:19 am

Ysaran wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:58 pm Because they introduced a swap lock some time ago and then reverted it cuz of lock bugging out and preventing you to play?
and you're right since it was promptly debugged and put online ; yes, it certainly was, and is, top priority. really.
just to prevent what we saw with ring of domination happening with forts. oh you're right.
despisable or not, technically feasible or not, seems devs could not care less: to me seems that they are pushing players to pursuit aoo and get less unbalanced numbers.
don't have any order toon so i don't like it but hey, i still mostly enjoy the game nontheless.

Ysaran

Post#10 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:55 am

To me xrealm isn't a problem, I just wanted to point out the fact that as long you can have multiple accounts every attempt to control this behaviour is doomed to fail
Zputadenti