Recent Topics

Ads

Best Melee DPS?

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
BeautfulToad

Re: Best Melee DPS?

Post#61 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:59 am

Oh, that is a shame, I thought a tanky slayer was min/maxing crit chance/damage.

Ads
Akilinus

Post#62 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:33 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:15 am
Akilinus wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:45 pm okay so you only talk.
Why are you even so raging? Is there an actual guy called Ol' man Jenkins that had a great 2-handed slayer that I inadvertendly ripped on?
Raging?
just a bit tired of all these forum experts. Who only talk
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

larsulu
Suspended

Post#63 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:34 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:59 pm
larsulu wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:54 pm
TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:52 pm

Mara?

Multiple AoE options

Utility

Morale bombing options
Mara got nerfed soo hard. Better pick others dps
No matter how many times you try to repeat this line of talk, no ones gonna buy that Mara is a trash tier dps

Throw axe procing mutations or draining swipes change is not something people are crying over

And while TB is unfortunate it hardly breaks the class

Let’s talk once they nerf cutting claw, 50% crit or piercing bite
Guess you never played a Mara.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Grock

Post#64 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:13 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:59 am Oh, that is a shame, I thought a tanky slayer was min/maxing crit chance/damage.
what :lol:
how does that make any sense
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

TenTonHammer

Post#65 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:12 pm

larsulu wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:34 am
my 40/66 mara says otherwise but we already had this pointless conversation with that last thread you made about how mara needs buffs

BeautfulToad

Post#66 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:58 pm

Grock wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:13 pm what :lol:
how does that make any sense
With my slayer (40/63) when I looked at the skills I assumed a tanky build would involve pumping all your tallies/gear renown in essentially wounds (while using emblem gear) while getting the emblem sets to maximise defensive stats, and you then debuff single targets with skills like enervating blow, devastate and deep wounds since you are essentially building around the single target Rune of Absorption. You then grab stuff like Fierce Might or maybe Breaking Point so you can actually damage stuff when a target is debuffed with enervating blow perhaps using a combination of ST dots.

If that is not the tanky slayer, what is?

larsulu
Suspended

Post#67 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:38 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:12 pm
larsulu wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:34 am
my 40/66 mara says otherwise but we already had this pointless conversation with that last thread you made about how mara needs buffs
I didn’t say Mara needs buffs.
Go read more carefully what I write.
I said that with all those dps changing , mara ( especially sava/brut spec which only 5% of maras server plays ) needs some adjustments.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

TenTonHammer

Post#68 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:00 pm

larsulu wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:38 pm ( especially sava/brut spec which only 5% of maras server plays )
*Citation needed

Ads
Ototo

Post#69 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:19 pm

Sorry for the necro, but I came along this thread and found it interesting.

Shitstorm about WLs.

What infuriates me about the class is that they get a lot of things for free that other MDPSs have to invest mastery points for. You only need this setup, and at 40/40 you still have 7 mastery points free to get even more things. All the other DPSs of the game need to pay points for it.

WH and WE

Let's be honest, the WE is clearly superior to the WH, and WHs are underperforming unless that they get a full support group, in a class that is supposed to go as solo as WE goes.

What happens with WEs is that they are one trick ponies, and can't pick much more until 40/50, but from there onwards they are the very definition of rolfstomping class.

WHs are geared towards some survivability, and don't get me wrong that's nice, but in RvR and PvP it's pointless, cause they are waaaaay too glassy to be able to build a solid survival system. At the end, you move to reduce your Time to Kill as much as possible, which was not the supposed specialization of the class, and that's why the WHs end underperforming compared with WEs in high tiers. Most WHs end at 40/40 having a mix wagon of masteries like this, or this, or this, all them having the trouble that they aren't full offensive, cause none of the mastery lines of the class is.

wildwindblows wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:06 am Swiss army doesnt work when u get one shoot from wl. And Also there are so many trade offs. You cant get knockdown heal %50 heal db same time but any other dps classes can get. If u get knockdown and %50 heal db u cant get %50 more crit then what is the meaning of this class named as dps? Any other dps class can easliy kills mara even that medium armor so pls play the class before write comment.

That is full of half lies: You have at no-cost a 25% healing debuff that not many classes get for free, you can indeed get all the most useful parts, and still get all the utility, as can be seen here, where with a 40/40 build I have increased crit, morale drain, AoE knockdown, finisher, AoE debuff, 25% heal debuff (core skill), and 50% armor bypass.

BeautfulToad wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:15 pm The fad among the destro young 'uns who are saying the choppa is a weak class, and significantly worse than the slayer, is loltastical. Here is the basic strategy of the AoE slayer and choppa:

Slayer:

1. run into mob
2. click rampage
3. mash buttons
4. profit

Choppa:

1. get to the choppa
2. mash buttons
3. profit

(...)

Well, not how it works. Choppas are meant to have the pull specced, so it's a more fixed class when it comes to builds. You have more freedom to build your guys with Slayer, but if you see a 2h Choppa, you know he is not speccing the pull, and that makes him way less useful, cause as Choppa you HAVE TO pick these skills and they require dual wield, further reducing the class flexibility to builds to the point of fixing the weapon that you can choose.

So, is Choppa weak? Hell, no. Is Choppa a flexible class? Again, no. Is Choppa funnier than Slayer? Depends, I find the Choppa kind of an one-dimensional thing that screams funnily and have hilarious skill names, but Slayer actually allows multiple solid different game styles, to the point of being able to combine them. You only really need this skill for Slayers, and you can build freely a dual wield or 2h build that fits your play style.
Spoiler:

wildwindblows

Post#70 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:55 pm

Mara damage is too low compared to other dps classses and it is not the toughest, slayer has more damage and hard to kill. Mara cant survive after nerfs. Destro side can play choppa instead of mara now. Most of mara players left playing mara.
Last edited by wildwindblows on Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.