Recent Topics

Ads

Are forum bans not lifted anymore?

Let's talk about... everything else
Haskr

Are forum bans not lifted anymore?

Post#1 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:41 pm

Altough I enjoy reading the drama in the ban-appeal section with a bowl of popcorn in my lap, I started to wonder if that drama could be avoided and reduce the already heavy workload of the gamemasters.

People receive a forum ban, and after they did their time the ban does not get lifted, so they go to the appeals section (wich is not the right one, as I understand it, in the first place?) and get told that their ban is now indefinitly, after which the usual accusal of the gamemaster being Stalins fifth grandson commences and the appellant dispenses thus every chance of ever getting to post in the forum again for the second time.

Now, there are two solutions for this that come to my mind:

1. Lift the forum ban automatically after the evildoer has served his time in San Quentin.

2. State that the evildoer is banned indefinitly when he receives his ban PM, so he doesn't have to be under the impression that it is only a temporary ban, thus flooding the appeals forum when said ban is not lifted.

On a more personal note I would like to add, that I saw in some posts that a change in the state of mind of the culprit is required, to get the ban lifted. As someone comming from Germany, I am used to the ruleset that you get a punishment, serve your time, and after that you are free to go, no change of mind required.
Now I hear that the system in the United States works a bit different, giving high sentences without the chance of a comeback, and after all the US prison system is the envy of the world and works terrific, so what do I know.

cheerio!

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Re: Are forum bans not lifted anymore?

Post#2 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:55 pm

Well. You missed another solution. Acting like 98% of the community and not be banned to begin with.

Haskr

Post#3 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:02 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:55 pm Well. You missed another solution. Acting like 98% of the community and not be banned to begin with.
Well. You missed that my post is not about the 98% but about the poor 2% that get the hammer.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#4 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:22 pm

True.

altharion1
Banned

Post#5 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:31 pm

You need to attend one of those Chinese re education centres, before you’re allowed back on the forums. I heard they clamp your eyes open and force you to watch 12 hours of barracudax videos per day until you’re cured
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Acidic

Post#6 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:36 pm

altharion1 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:31 pm You need to attend one of those Chinese re education centres, before you’re allowed back on the forums. I heard they clamp your eyes open and force you to watch 12 hours of barracudax videos per day until you’re cured
Could be worse, could force them to have to try reply civilly to their own posts for 12 hours

altharion1
Banned

Post#7 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:50 pm

**** posts, drama and trolling on the forums is actually good for the game.

There's always a huge spike in forum activity when a good **** storm starts up, rumours of an actual interesting thread circulate on discord channels around the community, the alarm bells ring. Like moths to the flame, or flies to **** - the human waste, they crawl out of the sewers to gorge themselves on the drama.

All this additional traffic = more add revenue for site. Therefore the 2% are the real heroes tbh, sacrificing themselves for the good of the server
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Adelmar

Post#8 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:58 pm

altharion1 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:50 pm **** posts, drama and trolling on the forums is actually good for the game.

There's always a huge spike in forum activity when a good **** storm starts up, rumours of an actual interesting thread circulate on discord channels around the community, the alarm bells ring. Like moths to the flame, or flies to **** - the human waste, they crawl out of the sewers to gorge themselves on the drama.

All this additional traffic = more add revenue for site. Therefore the 2% are the real heroes tbh, sacrificing themselves for the good of the server

This is possibly THE MOST inspiring thing I've read in years. You are a patriot and I salute you.
Last edited by Adelmar on Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

Ads
orfeask

Post#9 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:03 pm

altharion1 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:50 pm **** posts, drama and trolling on the forums is actually good for the game.

Not if that traffic uses adblock though.

toffikx

Post#10 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:04 pm

You may be seen as a villain now, but the future generations will know you were a hero.