Recent Topics

Ads

Are female mara skins somewhere in game files?

Let's talk about... everything else
Jildaz

Re: Are female mara skins somewhere in game files?

Post#11 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:44 pm

Female Marauder can Pounce
Gwelthas : WL 86 The Eternal Host
Gwelthaz : IB 86 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Gweltaz : SL 83 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Ashitakah : SW 82 The Eternal Host

Gwelth : marauder 80
Gwelt : BG 81

Ads
g2knee

Post#12 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:46 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:39 pm
BeautfulToad wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:45 am While we are on the issue of female skins, ironbreaker armour is sexist. My rather dashing female ironbreaker always has a big gap for a beard. Yet, alas, she have no beard. An oppressed untermensch!
I have always felt that dwarf armor leaves the neck exposed in many cases. Some aventails, coifs, or gorgets would be needed to make a lot of the IB gear more protective.
That’s because you’re thinking like an umgi. Dwarf beards are thicker and tougher than human fluff, and likely have flecks of gritty of stone-bread in them taboot. A properly braided Dawi beard is like corded leather!

The females are another story. Dwarf women are too valuable to send out to battle — but the ones that are stubborn and hard-headed enough to insist on it...well...let’s just say the enemy will need more than a chink in the armor to contend with such a warrior.

CountTalabecland

Post#13 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:14 pm

Spoiler:
g2knee wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:46 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:39 pm
BeautfulToad wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:45 am While we are on the issue of female skins, ironbreaker armour is sexist. My rather dashing female ironbreaker always has a big gap for a beard. Yet, alas, she have no beard. An oppressed untermensch!
I have always felt that dwarf armor leaves the neck exposed in many cases. Some aventails, coifs, or gorgets would be needed to make a lot of the IB gear more protective.
That’s because you’re thinking like an umgi. Dwarf beards are thicker and tougher than human fluff, and likely have flecks of gritty of stone-bread in them taboot. A properly braided Dawi beard is like corded leather!

The females are another story. Dwarf women are too valuable to send out to battle — but the ones that are stubborn and hard-headed enough to insist on it...well...let’s just say the enemy will need more than a chink in the armor to contend with such a warrior.
That actually explains why they never talk about Dwarf beards randomly getting cut off during battle. I mean with longbeards how the hell would their breastplate ever take a blow without the beard getting hit first?

Same must go for sissy elf hair hanging out of their helmets like a bunch of hippies.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Zxul

Post#14 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:31 pm

Grunbag wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:35 pm
Zxul wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:23 pm
Grunbag wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:29 am No mutation for female and no gear for female
Any chance for at least mutations and some armors being in in early clients, and removed later?
no, nothing about female mara sadly
Thats unfortunate, that preview image looks really great.

Makes me actually wonder if there is any way to get AoR beta clients- there might be stuff in there which got removed when AoR went live.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#15 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:46 am

Zxul wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:31 pm
Zxul wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:23 pm

Any chance for at least mutations and some armors being in in early clients, and removed later?

Makes me actually wonder if there is any way to get AoR beta clients- there might be stuff in there which got removed when AoR went live.
They never did female Mara past artwork , there’s nothing in beta client too
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

mogt

Post#16 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:55 am

another thing is, a female mara break the warhammer lore, all maras are male

Zxul

Post#17 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:49 pm

Grunbag wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:46 am
Zxul wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:31 pm

They never did female Mara past artwork , there’s nothing in beta client too
Unfortunate again, guess female mara just wasn't meant to be.

Btw some unrelated thought which I had while wondering about mara- since from what I read AoR client is actually an updated DAoC client, did the devs ever checked if it/DAoC server software is compatible with War one? There might be tools there which RoR team never had an opportunity to get.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh