Recent Topics

Ads

Information from official: Quests

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Lheana
Head Database Developer

Information from official: Quests

Post#1 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:35 pm

The goal of this topic is to gather files/notes/information about how Quests worked on official.

Many screenshots can be useful about quests. Indeed, even the simplest information can be useful like the quest tracker (that is usually displayed on the right of your screen).
Thus you can post screenshots where we can see the quest tracker, the quest in the Tome of Knowledge, quest item (in inventory for example), the text that is meant to be displayed when you complete the quest, where to find an NPC/GO/item, the NPC that appeared when using an item or a gameobject, etc.

Example:
Spoiler:
Head DB Developer

Anaehll: Shaman 40 RR 8x - Of Sorrow and Death
Anaehl: Sorceress 40 RR 4x - Of Sorrow and Death
Lheanaa: Archmage 40 RR 8x - TeamPsy
Lheaana: Bright Wizard 40 RR 5x - TeamPsy

Ads

GrimGoblin

Re: Information from official: Quests

Post#3 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:26 pm

I have a few screenshots from 2008-2009 that show the quest tracker on the side. Most of them are from the Elven and Dwarven quest areas (my main characters of the time).

Copies on dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8uh12wn86ouz ... bR4sa?dl=0

I also have about 200 MB of music files, images, animations, etc. from the OLD Warhammer Online - not the Mythic one, but the one in development before that (Climax) from 2004. A whole bunch of files they posted up as a public 'work in progress' while they developed it, I think. Those files were still accessible for a short time from their website when it was unceremoniously shutdown with no warning - they just posted up a cover page and all these lovely files were able to be downloaded underneath quite easily if you looked. Those probably won't be of any use to you for the Mythic version of Warhammer Online though.

Gunlinger

Post#4 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:28 pm

I finaly found an old piece i was serching for on my old harddrives. It is an PDF Guide for the Witchhunter from the no loger existing
Site ''Killerguides''.
It is an allround Guide for the Witchhunter, with Klass tipps, Leveling Guide, Gear tipps with stats and Questguide with some information about quest and how to solve them+ rewards.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1b7l0wjkbcxix ... r.pdf?dl=0

TiberiusD

Post#5 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:48 pm

Gunlinger wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:28 pm I finaly found an old piece i was serching for on my old harddrives. It is an PDF Guide for the Witchhunter from the no loger existing
Site ''Killerguides''.
It is an allround Guide for the Witchhunter, with Klass tipps, Leveling Guide, Gear tipps with stats and Questguide with some information about quest and how to solve them+ rewards.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1b7l0wjkbcxix ... r.pdf?dl=0
Do you have the engineer one also?

Gunlinger

Post#6 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:36 am

Nope. These Guides had to be paid with 10 or 15 Euros if i remember correctly, plus i only played one main class all the time. So i had no reason at all to bbuy another Guide. And most of them were obsolete anyway as soon as one reached level 40 and learned to use the class.

Lheana
Head Database Developer

Post#7 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:21 am

Thank you for these screenshots!
Nevertheless, some of them are cut on the right side, which prevents from seeing the quest tracker. Do you think you could change them so that we can see them entirely?
Head DB Developer

saupreusse
Developer

Post#8 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:23 am

Lheana i dropped a copy of the prima war guide in team discord like 2 years ago. Maybe its still there.

Ads
Lheana
Head Database Developer

Post#9 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:13 pm

saupreusse wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:23 am Lheana i dropped a copy of the prima war guide in team discord like 2 years ago. Maybe its still there.
Yeah I have it ;)
Head DB Developer

zatoh

Post#10 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:26 pm

Lheana wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:21 am Thank you for these screenshots!
Nevertheless, some of them are cut on the right side, which prevents from seeing the quest tracker. Do you think you could change them so that we can see them entirely?
Fixed shots for this batch (more in PQ thread):