Recent Topics

Ads

Standarize scenarios rewards

Let's talk about... everything else
Phantasm

Re: Standarize scenarios rewards

Post#31 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:13 pm

Idea:
Make being a part of group (min 2 so there is always a leader and only leader can assign a group to sc queue) a mandatory to be assigned to a queue for scs - . That solves main 2 problems:
1. Ppl have to make a small commitment to a group to be a part of effort so no slackers, afkers, etc.
2. More chance to have balanced fight, cause ppl have a control who enters group.
Thoughts?

Ads
adamthelc

Post#32 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:46 pm

Phantasm wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:13 pm Idea:
Make being a part of group (min 2 so there is always a leader and only leader can assign a group to sc queue) a mandatory to be assigned to a queue for scs - . That solves main 2 problems:
1. Ppl have to make a small commitment to a group to be a part of effort so no slackers, afkers, etc.
2. More chance to have balanced fight, cause ppl have a control who enters group.
Thoughts?
No good. If someone is complaining about losing or losing all of the time, telling them to form a group is valid advice. Some people can handle losing, whether it's because of a random group comp.

You can group with people and still be terrible. All forming a group does is give you a good group comp, or at least it should. Your solution doesnt even solve that because any number of dps, or whatever bad comp, could group up and queue.

There isnt necessarily a problem with scenarios just because some is having a rough time or doesnt like it. The OP was specifically about mid tier scenarios and those definitely dont require a premade.

You lose scenarios sometimes while leveling, it's always been that way it's not a problem. If you cant handle losing you can form a group and lose much less. Personally I think forming a group for mid tier scenarios is lame, it becomes way too easy and not fun. If you are leveling with friends or want to win every scenario to level faster, forming a group make sense. But the idea that you NEED to form a group is a bad one.

Once you hit 31 the argument that you need to form a group becomes more valid.

Alfa1986

Post#33 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:04 am

just need to make the level up scrolls for the rvr / sc medals and the middle tier issue will go away by itself, well, at least from 30 to 40 lvl. questing at these levels is annoying and boring, public quests do not find a group, farm is also dull and also does not find a healer / dps / tank; sc / rvr are difficult due to the huge difference in gear levels (as well as tactics, build variation, renown points benefits, career points benefits, etc.). regarding gained the exp, I would give all losers / winners the same amount of experience, it still doesn’t affect anything (it's not the renown), why need to do of fetish out of boring leveling, idk.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#34 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:47 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:04 am just need to make the level up scrolls for the rvr / sc medals and the middle tier issue will go away by itself, well, at least from 30 to 40 lvl. questing at these levels is annoying and boring, public quests do not find a group, farm is also dull and also does not find a healer / dps / tank; sc / rvr are difficult due to the huge difference in gear levels (as well as tactics, build variation, renown points benefits, career points benefits, etc.). regarding gained the exp, I would give all losers / winners the same amount of experience, it still doesn’t affect anything (it's not the renown), why need to do of fetish out of boring leveling, idk.
If you want to xp faster at level 31+ I suggest you to join a gunbad group . Mobs give good xp out there
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Alfa1986

Post#35 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:20 pm

Grunbag wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:47 am
Alfa1986 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:04 am just need to make the level up scrolls for the rvr / sc medals and the middle tier issue will go away by itself, well, at least from 30 to 40 lvl. questing at these levels is annoying and boring, public quests do not find a group, farm is also dull and also does not find a healer / dps / tank; sc / rvr are difficult due to the huge difference in gear levels (as well as tactics, build variation, renown points benefits, career points benefits, etc.). regarding gained the exp, I would give all losers / winners the same amount of experience, it still doesn’t affect anything (it's not the renown), why need to do of fetish out of boring leveling, idk.
If you want to xp faster at level 31+ I suggest you to join a gunbad group . Mobs give good xp out there
it’s hard for me to say how it is now, since I haven’t gone to gunbad for a long time, but I would have called some gunbad's bosses the most difficult, much stronger than even in cities. I don’t think that any group would take lowbies to gunbad, as it will be bad for everyone and it just won’t be able to end this dungeon (perhaps if only a healer and hardly.) for my experience the group even consisting of 70+ was not able sometimes to kill the boss from the left wing, what can we say about lowbies group and which can not knowing the mechanics of action in Gunbad, it has no chance, a waste of time.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ysaran

Post#36 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:53 pm

Alfa1986 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:20 pm
Grunbag wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:47 am
it’s hard for me to say how it is now, since I haven’t gone to gunbad for a long time, but I would have called some gunbad's bosses the most difficult, much stronger than even in cities. I don’t think that any group would take lowbies to gunbad, as it will be bad for everyone and it just won’t be able to end this dungeon (perhaps if only a healer and hardly.) for my experience the group even consisting of 70+ was not able sometimes to kill the boss from the left wing, what can we say about lowbies group and which can not knowing the mechanics of action in Gunbad, it has no chance, a waste of time.
I done Gunbad with both tank and dps in devastator gear and both BB/BE and BS with healers in annhilator so i would say that if you are not able to end a dungeon is not gears fault.
Zputadenti

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#37 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:08 pm

Gunbad have been adjusted to allow level 31+ to survive :)
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Psychopski
Suspended

Post#38 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:03 pm

I've kind of given up on scens myself.

I ended up in a really long scen the other day that went the entire 10 or 15 minutes. The match was really close, I was healing and rezzing the entire time, our side lost and I ended up with 500 renown for the entire match. I recalling laughing out loud and saying out loud "five hundred renown?!?".

Now while I"m all for winners getting better rewards than losers, getting 500 renown for that much time and effort spent seems a bit broken.

Ads