Recent Topics

Ads

Magus, the free candies of RoR.

Let's talk about... everything else
Psychopski
Suspended

Re: Magus, the free candies of RoR.

Post#21 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:49 pm

Magus stationary Pets are unfortunately a waste of AP and as waste of casting time in keep siege and fort siege situations, even with instant summon. In Keep and Fort siege situations the pet is only alive 1 to 2 seconds tops. By the time I instantly summon and get off another ability, my pet is dead before I get off a second ability.

"Use the +wounds pet tactic" you say? With the +wounds tactic the Pet's survivability increases to from 1 to 2 seconds to 3 to 5 seconds in fort or keep siege. Not worth the tactic and your time to summon and AP are better spent elsewhere.

With current state of squishy Magus pets it's a waste of a class mechanic.

Ads
Tesq

Post#22 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:46 pm

Psychopski wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:49 pm Magus stationary Pets are unfortunately a waste of AP and as waste of casting time in keep siege and fort siege situations, even with instant summon. In Keep and Fort siege situations the pet is only alive 1 to 2 seconds tops. By the time I instantly summon and get off another ability, my pet is dead before I get off a second ability.

"Use the +wounds pet tactic" you say? With the +wounds tactic the Pet's survivability increases to from 1 to 2 seconds to 3 to 5 seconds in fort or keep siege. Not worth the tactic and your time to summon and AP are better spent elsewhere.

nah ah, spec change, summon pink horror, slot range tactic, spam glesan magic a bit then drop diss mist and firestor, profit; there are ways to make use of magus tool right now if you want

TenTonHammer

Post#23 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:21 pm

Tesq wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:46 pm
Psychopski wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:49 pm Magus stationary Pets are unfortunately a waste of AP and as waste of casting time in keep siege and fort siege situations, even with instant summon. In Keep and Fort siege situations the pet is only alive 1 to 2 seconds tops. By the time I instantly summon and get off another ability, my pet is dead before I get off a second ability.

nah ah, spec change, summon pink horror, slot range tactic, spam glesan magic a bit then drop diss mist and firestor, profit; there are ways to make use of magus tool right now if you want
Gave up running dissolving mist

Too many magus run it and basically cover the same area and since only the highest one ticks its feels like I’m wasting a gcd and getting no value

Darks63

Post#24 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:13 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:21 pm

Gave up running dissolving mist

Too many magus run it and basically cover the same area and since only the highest one ticks its feels like I’m wasting a gcd and getting no value
From what i have seen the tornado is just straight up better anyway.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Psychopski
Suspended

Post#25 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:24 am

???

This has absolutely nothing to do with how useless the pet is in Fort and Keep siege situations(attacking or defending) because it dies so fast to random AOE spam.

Magus as a class can never get the full damage increase from the pet if we're set up in the location we need to be utilizing our full arsenal of AOE and close quarters tactics/abilities because the pet is dead within a few seconds from the time it is summoned. Summon pet, cast a single ability, sometimes cast a second ability, by then the pet is dead. We're getting 2x to 4x damage icon from pet, no chance of seeing the x8 because pet dies so fast.

Tesq

Post#26 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:15 am

Psychopski wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:24 am

???

This has absolutely nothing to do with how useless the pet is in Fort and Keep siege situations(attacking or defending) because it dies so fast to random AOE spam.

Magus as a class can never get the full damage increase from the pet if we're set up in the location we need to be utilizing our full arsenal of AOE and close quarters tactics/abilities because the pet is dead within a few seconds from the time it is summoned. Summon pet, cast a single ability, sometimes cast a second ability, by then the pet is dead. We're getting 2x to 4x damage icon from pet, no chance of seeing the x8 because pet dies so fast.
Of you mean use all you aoe tool while pet is alice ye you right, if you mean be effectic at aoe woth pet, no you can.