Recent Topics

Ads

[Brainstorming] Draw me a Sc.

Let's talk about... everything else
Nadril21

Re: [Brainstorming] Draw me a Sc.

Post#21 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:56 pm

Dragon's Bane Scenario 12v12

Original Concept: Dragon's Bane is a power struggle between three capture locations. Capture and hold these locations for points over time. To aid the recapturing of these objectives, deliver the Black Dragon or Sun Dragon Beacons to the capture locations to call down aid from above!

New Concept: Have 2 cap points (North and South), points tick up for holding an objective and for killing. Have the 3rd objective in the center be a dragon NPC rooted in place with a difficulty of around a BL boss. Any team that kills the dragon gets +200 points. The dragon doesn't respawn.

Ideally, if either side is getting rolled the 12 people in the SC can easily kill the dragon to end the SC early, but its difficult enough where you cannot kill him if the other team is pressuring you.

Nadril the Witchunter YouTube
Nadrill the Wizard
Grumbler the Ironbreaker
Fancyfeet the Shadow Warrior

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#22 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:42 am

The scenario as the puzzle.

On live i am remembering in the dead's lands, in order to get into the dungeon it was necessary to solve the puzzle. what if in the scenario to think about something like this? fer exp :taking a large map like the battle of prag for 24 ppl each side. setting a huge plateau in the center with plates on which are painted with different symbols, the symbol appears when the bo is held by the team for 1 minute. So that teams do not run around the zone avoiding collisions with the enemy, the sign of the capture symbol should occur only when the team has a luminous ball(which each player can take and drop/lose if he died) that was originally installed in the center.
The goal is to open all the signs and use them on the central plateau. the team that either the first opens all the symbols and can complete the puzzle wins, or after 20 minutes that will collect more score points if the resistance for both sides is very strong.
score points should be awarded very slowly so that the goal would be to complete the puzzle and not arrange the opponent's farm.
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Tesq

Post#23 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:00 am

updated my post in page 2 ( #20 )

Alfa1986

Post#24 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:52 am

The Scenario with a Boss.

A relatively small map of 12 * 12:(9*9); like caledor woods.

For this map, the boss will be appropriate from dragonwake one that used to be for the beastlord set.

- the goal of each team is to kill the boss the first. For other maps, you can choose other bosses, and various conditions for activating the boss, as well as various boss battle mechanics.

the first u need to kill other team, then to pull the boss, then to kill the boss while other team will try to kill under the boss. if no one team could kill boss before the time down, then the winner will be such side which to have more score.

Phantasm

Post#25 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:06 pm

Bloodbowl sc, but objective will be a huge Squig/dwarf (random at start, but after one side score a points their "champion" spawns in middle), unkillable, no HP, no dmg, only skills that works on it is punt/pull, no immune.
Objective: toss said squig onto opponent touchdown zone.
Simple, funny and with a pinch of lore:)
Ofc other players can do dmg to eachother.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#26 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:17 pm

Tesq wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:22 pm NAME: joy in blood (KHORNE VERSION) or tzeench will play you again (tzeench version)

MAP: ic arena

MECCANIC:
- every kill grant x points
- you win when your team reach 500 pt
- after you die you get ista ressurrected (or 5 sec delay) on spot full life (no respawn wc) for the joy of khorne/tzeench into a eternal slaughter ! ....... or till he get bored ^^ (aka 500 pt).

PLAYERS: your realm can play both vs opposite realm and same realm; khorne dont care from where the blood flow or tzeench wanna have fun ^^

Dev difficulty: easy and short

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

NAME: architect of fate
MAP: CW floating arena 58k, 46k; add ruined walls and intersection like those in cw rvr near south keep etc (remove bracerse and link the 2 door with one another ( so one can escape and reach opposite side in a flash ;) )

MECCANIC:
-defend yourself while solving puzzle game;
- tzeench will call a side that must solve and another that must block em every x mins ( it get wrote on screen and a flag on mid show the color for the side that must solve the prob)
- when a side solve a puzzle it get reward with points and a buff ( like dmg increase from logrin forge for exemple).
- puzzle consist into click stuff to fix litteral puzzle on walls or ground, while dealing with enemy
- there are several puzzle spread across the sc but you have to find the correct one first while the timer ticking....

Exemple of puzzle: 9 square grind , each square can rotate on spot, you must rotate in the correct way all the 9 square to solve the puzzle. for other puzzle exemple look at D&D online

PLAYERS: destru vs orders

Dev difficulty: easy but long

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

NAME: Swamp boss

MAP: build from scratch based on marsh of madness terrain (because pots off swamp everywhere to slow ppl is fun)

MECCANIC:
- mini siege
- sides try kill the enemy tower door and kill the lord inside (still 12 vs 12 and mini-lord is on bottom floor)
-lord wll stay only inside tower
- it reset to original spot if dragged outside
- when lord reset it dosent regain life (aka rdps from safe distance while it keep reset or hit and run are all fine strategy, it's party job to save him).

PLAYERS: des vs ord

Dev difficulty: easy, tedious to balance (of the 4 would be the only one i would ditch)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

NAME: Beacons of magic

MAP: build from scratch, build (ideally a bridge with 2 elf-ish wall with a door per side suspended over lava in an enviroments like dw forge

MECCANIC:
- each side try break the 2 door of opponents side and destroy the magic catalyst behind second door
-respanw in wc
-all part of maps are equaly in distance and disposed in immaginary/virtual line/bridge as wrote here

-> wc - catalyst - door 2 - door 1 - empty space - door 1 - door 2 - catalyst - wc <-

Dev difficulty: easy, but medium in time consuming as it requrie build from scratch the map.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

P.S: i'll add screen screenshot tomorrow for maps
We don’t rebuilt map or create some yet . Only Sacellum arena is possible (I made it already)
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#27 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:26 pm

I am especially interested to read some idea including existing map with new mechanics .

For exemple, i had the idea to make one scenario with a ball and a goal . Two team fight for the « ball » , once one team can pick up the ball , the ball carrier need to walk from ball spawn location and cap all BO in order . But ball carrier is weakened when he carry the ball (inc damage increased and snared) and he can hold the ball only 60 sec max . Ball carrier can pass the ball to any ally within range but you can’t get the ball instantly after you gave it to someone . Neither you can instantly pass the ball when you just caught it (there is few sec delay) . Once one team cap all the BO , they will siege the other team warcamp , break the door and place the ball into enemies WC to win the SC .
The ball can be whatever (relic , skull) .
I planned to use that mechanic for Kadrin Valley scenario .

If anyone have some ideas to use on another boring map , write it here .

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#28 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:27 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:03 pm Ironclad is used in T1. Reason : no group heal when T1.
We can add Los for group heal only in this map if needed

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#29 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:58 pm

Grunbag wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:26 pm I am especially interested to read some idea including existing map with new mechanics .

For exemple, i had the idea to make one scenario with a ball and a goal . Two team fight for the « ball » , once one team can pick up the ball , the ball carrier need to walk from ball spawn location and cap all BO in order . But ball carrier is weakened when he carry the ball (inc damage increased and snared) and he can hold the ball only 60 sec max . Ball carrier can pass the ball to any ally within range but you can’t get the ball instantly after you gave it to someone . Neither you can instantly pass the ball when you just caught it (there is few sec delay) . Once one team cap all the BO , they will siege the other team warcamp , break the door and place the ball into enemies WC to win the SC .
The ball can be whatever (relic , skull) .
I planned to use that mechanic for Kadrin Valley scenario .

If anyone have some ideas to use on another boring map , write it here .
Stonetroll Crossing could potentially be a good map for this, too (I mean that map can hardly get any worse, right?).

Alfa1986

Post#30 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:15 pm

Grunbag wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:17 pm
Spoiler:
Tesq wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:22 pm NAME: joy in blood (KHORNE VERSION) or tzeench will play you again (tzeench version)

MAP: ic arena

MECCANIC:
- every kill grant x points
- you win when your team reach 500 pt
- after you die you get ista ressurrected (or 5 sec delay) on spot full life (no respawn wc) for the joy of khorne/tzeench into a eternal slaughter ! ....... or till he get bored ^^ (aka 500 pt).

PLAYERS: your realm can play both vs opposite realm and same realm; khorne dont care from where the blood flow or tzeench wanna have fun ^^

Dev difficulty: easy and short

NAME: architect of fate
MAP: CW floating arena 58k, 46k; add ruined walls and intersection like those in cw rvr near south keep etc (remove bracerse and link the 2 door with one another ( so one can escape and reach opposite side in a flash ;) )

MECCANIC:
-defend yourself while solving puzzle game;
- tzeench will call a side that must solve and another that must block em every x mins ( it get wrote on screen and a flag on mid show the color for the side that must solve the prob)
- when a side solve a puzzle it get reward with points and a buff ( like dmg increase from logrin forge for exemple).
- puzzle consist into click stuff to fix litteral puzzle on walls or ground, while dealing with enemy
- there are several puzzle spread across the sc but you have to find the correct one first while the timer ticking....

Exemple of puzzle: 9 square grind , each square can rotate on spot, you must rotate in the correct way all the 9 square to solve the puzzle. for other puzzle exemple look at D&D online

PLAYERS: destru vs orders

Dev difficulty: easy but long

NAME: Swamp boss

MAP: build from scratch based on marsh of madness terrain (because pots off swamp everywhere to slow ppl is fun)

MECCANIC:
- mini siege
- sides try kill the enemy tower door and kill the lord inside (still 12 vs 12 and mini-lord is on bottom floor)
-lord wll stay only inside tower
- it reset to original spot if dragged outside
- when lord reset it dosent regain life (aka rdps from safe distance while it keep reset or hit and run are all fine strategy, it's party job to save him).

Dev difficulty: easy, tedious to balance (of the 4 would be the only one i would ditch)

NAME: Beacons of magic

MAP: build from scratch, build (ideally a bridge with 2 elf-ish wall with a door per side suspended over lava in an enviroments like dw forge

MECCANIC:
- each side try break the 2 door of opponents side and destroy the magic catalyst behind second door
-respanw in wc
-all part of maps are equaly in distance and disposed in immaginary/virtual line/bridge as wrote here

-> wc - catalyst - door 2 - door 1 - empty space - door 1 - door 2 - catalyst - wc <-

Dev difficulty: easy, but medium in time consuming as it requrie build from scratch the map.

P.S: i'll add screen screenshot tomorrow for maps
We don’t rebuilt map or create some yet . Only Sacellum arena is possible (I made it already)
that is, you can’t add an NPC even to an existing scenario map, change the landscape, add objects, walls, bosses, and so on? and the changes can only relate to the conditions of the battle?