Recent Topics

Ads

How to improve the chance of winning PuG SCs

Let's talk about... everything else
Luuca

Re: How to improve the chance of winning PuG SCs

Post#11 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:14 pm

A segment of the population in SCs does not know how to move from one group to another. This is known.

Someone should put together a Player Guide with pictures in 4 different languages and get their snitch mount.

Ads
Hienzwar

Post#12 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:35 pm

We should have this in the beginners guides.

All good advice.

Tesq

Post#13 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:53 pm

1 fix groups, try 2-2-2 if not possible give priority to guard melee, aka make melee party rpds can stay without guard, if too many to guard focus on make one strong melee party first that can carry/screen the second.

Chinesehero

Post#14 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:06 am

bring me u can win easy. but order really many low dmg dps

Detangler

Post#15 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:39 am

I don't care if my team ignores all the previous advice as long as they follow one simple rule: please don't attack the tanks first.

Thats all I ask of my pug brethren...
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ashoris

Post#16 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:07 am

Detangler wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:39 am I don't care if my team ignores all the previous advice as long as they follow one simple rule: please don't attack the tanks first.

Thats all I ask of my pug brethren...
i really tried to not talk about target picking, but i prefer pugs who assist, over a pug where everyone thinks he picks better targets than the other ... there are many ways why assisting on a tank could work or is even superior to other targets.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

eisenhans
Suspended

Post#17 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:20 am

Ashoris wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:07 am i really tried to not talk about target picking, but i prefer pugs who assist, over a pug where everyone thinks he picks better targets than the other ... there are many ways why assisting on a tank could work or is even superior to other targets.
So... you're one of those mdps guys hitting a tank for 5 minutes and crying for heals? What kind of situation are we talking about here, because quite frankly, I can't think of any besides freak coincidences.

And also, regarding your "offer": What does that have to do with pugs? Are you trying to create a premade to prove something about non-premades?

eisenhans
Suspended

Post#18 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:32 am

Lurehtan wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:57 am Dunno why youre being so hostile, Ashoris is being nice and explaining how target calling is more complex than "kill the healers." He definitely isnt some rando pug beating on tanks. I have been in groups with him where he is calling targets and his advice is on point: 9/10 times, we succeeded in killing mdps before healers, esp against other premades.

As to why a tank might be the kill target: some tanks are squishy, or they overextend, or they have low parry/block and so you focus their guard, get them low and then swap to the tank, kill it and now the enemy have 1 less guard, making them exponentially easier to kill as a whole.

His wider point was that everyone assisting off one main assist consistently is much better than people all hitting their own target they think is "correct."
1) Let's not call it hostile, let's call it (very) doubtful.
2) He's not explaining anything.
3) As expected, rare coincidences can make you go for the tank, yes. It's uncommon that a tank is squishy AND overextends. Moreover, I still doubt it's better to remove 1 guard than 1 healer.

And we never disagreed about assisting. But noobs don't assist. The best you can hope for is a 2-man team going for the healers. Nothing more. And that isn't enough for most crosshealing backlines. I've seen this more often than I can count.

About his (and your) expertise: I don't know either of you iirc, so I have no comment on that. Anyone can claim anything. And if you mainly fight premade vs premade or premade vs pug, as I understand it, just a reminder: The topic is basic knowledge for noobs and pugs to play better.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#19 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:53 am

Use pots. Seriously... stop queuing as a DPS with no armor pots whatsoever.

eisenhans
Suspended

Post#20 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:41 pm

Lurehtan wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:49 am Yeah, the basic knowledge is put pressure on their dps by assisting your own dps. If a healer is squoshy and out of position, by all means go for him. But going straight for the healers everytime isnt the only, or even best, thing to do.

And again, if you pick someone to assist and they attack a healer, by all means assist him. If you ever played anything actually competitive, like football or boxing or something, you'd know that instilling good fundamentals early on is essential to success. Yeah, most pugs dont assist and have poor target selection, just like most novice boxers have a poor jab and **** footwork. And yeah, learning to jab and move is tougher than gluing your gloves to your cheek and stalking forward throwing bombs, just like learning to assist and select proper targets is harder than yoloing into healers and dying every 30 seconds.

But just because something is more difficult to learn doesnt mean you shouldnt teach it to the noobs, especially if its fundamental.
So your point is focussing the mdps? In a pug? Just so we are clear on this.

Weird flex about the boxing but ok.