Recent Topics

Ads

Magus, the free candies of RoR.

Let's talk about... everything else
Tesq

Re: Magus, the free candies of RoR.

Post#11 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:04 pm

you dont spec full glass cannon and play change.... i dont have prob with my change magus unless its a very serious premade. The dmg over time is higher than havoc but take more to build aka it's slower you need to learn how to build the burst which take more than in havoc build. Also dont take re summon tactic when playing change, take ap from right mastery and range tactic from mid ( and get disrupt striketrough from gear).

aka full vanq, def from renown, striketrough whenever possible. May also requrie more renown rank than havoc to reach a viable point.

also m1 miss direction always

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#12 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:13 pm

Tesq wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:04 pm you dont spec full glass cannon and play change.... i dont have prob with my change magus unless its a very serious premade. The dmg over time is higher than havoc but take more to build aka it's slower you need to learn how to build the burst which take more than in havoc build. Also dont take re summon tactic when playing change, take ap from right mastery and range tactic from mid ( and get disrupt striketrough from gear).

aka full vanq, def from renown, striketrough whenever possible. May also requrie more renown rank than havoc to reach a viable point.

What renown did you take?

Deft defender and wounds?

Tesq

Post#13 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:52 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:13 pm
Tesq wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:04 pm you dont spec full glass cannon and play change.... i dont have prob with my change magus unless its a very serious premade. The dmg over time is higher than havoc but take more to build aka it's slower you need to learn how to build the burst which take more than in havoc build. Also dont take re summon tactic when playing change, take ap from right mastery and range tactic from mid ( and get disrupt striketrough from gear).

What renown did you take?

Deft defender and wounds?
going by memory, i have like 30% disrupt (so full deft defender) and i ignore parry like totaly unless i pve, not wort as magus, lots of crit reduction must be like 0% chance to be crit, like 7-10 disrupt striketrought from gear and jewelry; staff is def from epic quest with wounds buff (also pack nice intelligence but was planning to swap it with rr 45 -now the invader- one for more crit and some ap regen but i was not sure). 5 vanq + inv shoulder (to get max crits avaiable), and some spare point in mag-crit from renow.

tactics are int, crit, pet group ap regen, range increase(this one changed a lot depending on sich but now i tend to staple it unless is pet ista cast vs some alpha strike ppl.)

wounds are set with staff proc and wounds buff from right mastery.

funny part i bis faster my change magus than my ch.. exept for the staff which in fact i should farm for anathema but....thats a whole new level of farming.......
Last edited by Tesq on Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

anarchypark

Post#14 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:22 am

In my test
4% dmg up from armor set and 5% dmg up from BS weapon don't stack.
It's not 9%
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Sido

Post#15 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:56 pm

If you want to roam in orvr, let's say solo, I'd advise :

1) to drop the vanq set, take conqueror set to get more toughness & init + stealing proc 100 toughness (meaning less dmg to you, more dmg to your target). You'll be able to survive WL/WH stun and eventually get the upper hand with your usual tools (stagger/bump/snare/Aegis/etc).

2) Someone said previously to take M1 Misdirection in any case, I'd say that Grasping Darkness saved my life far more often, because in open field the mdps are currently the actual nemesis. E.g. if you're yourself snared (40%) you need an even better snare (Grasping Darkness, 60%) to kite, and it goes through the WH 100% disrupt buff. Vs rdps, you can use it too to go out of range to be safe (and unlike stagger, isn't broken by dots you might have previously applied on the target). Moreover, it's your best damaging M1 ability, usefull vs s&b tanks where your other abilities could suffer from disrupt rate and high toughness values. You can still change to M1 Misdirection in keep fights.

I myself sometimes go solo in lakes with my magus, and find my toon pretty ok to fight the WL herd while still being ok in keep attack/def. When you don't have to fear to be taken down in 3sec by any opponent anymore while destroying them in a bit more of that timeframe, the skirmish/small scale pvp begins to be really interesting and enjoyable for a free candy. :D

Tesq

Post#16 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:08 pm

Sido wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:56 pm If you want to roam in orvr, let's say solo, I'd advise :

1) to drop the vanq set, take conqueror set to get more toughness & init + stealing proc 100 toughness (meaning less dmg to you, more dmg to your target). You'll be able to survive WL/WH stun and eventually get the upper hand with your usual tools (stagger/bump/snare/Aegis/etc).

2) Someone said previously to take M1 Misdirection in any case, I'd say that Grasping Darkness saved my life far more often, because in open field the mdps are currently the actual nemesis. E.g. if you're yourself snared (40%) you need an even better snare (Grasping Darkness, 60%) to kite, and it goes through the WH 100% disrupt buff. Vs rdps, you can use it too to go out of range to be safe (and unlike stagger, isn't broken by dots you might have previously applied on the target). Moreover, it's your best damaging M1 ability, usefull vs s&b tanks where your other abilities could suffer from disrupt rate and high toughness values. You can still change to M1 Misdirection in keep fights.

I myself sometimes go solo in lakes with my magus, and find my toon pretty ok to fight the WL herd while still being ok in keep attack/def. When you don't have to fear to be taken down in 3sec by any opponent anymore while destroying them in a bit more of that timeframe, the skirmish/small scale pvp begins to be really interesting and enjoyable for a free candy. :D
while in change you can move, snare is simply useless vs melee than can remove it, if it is a good group/melee he will while other purge his other snares; if are pugs you can play to avoid to get reach into melee range, but bw /am have a higer range than you in change; miss direction save your ass and allow you to kill em.

i can beat wl 1vs1 in change build unless he jump on me from nowhere, if we see face to face i will kill it. I can even beat some am 1vs 1 on change magus. Not always and they have advantage in range but ehi it can be work around.

for sure i cant win a 2vs1 , no , no way.

Sido

Post#17 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:27 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:08 pm while in change you can move, snare is simply useless vs melee than can remove it, if it is a good group/melee he will while other purge his other snares; if are pugs you can play to avoid to get reach into melee range, but bw /am have a higer range than you in change; miss direction save your ass and allow you to kill em.

i can beat wl 1vs1 in change build unless he jump on me from nowhere, if we see face to face i will kill it. I can even beat some am 1vs 1 on change magus. Not always and they have advantage in range but ehi it can be work around.

The OP said that he respecced Havoc, so I answered with that in mind. Of course you can still manage to kill things 1-1 in Changing spec, but when there's more ppl involved (especially a healer), you can't out-heal anything anymore alone (that was possible years back when IFOC was in Changing tree). I was also Changing spec and never felt the need to spec in Havoc before the IFOC swap to kill in ST mod.

Tesq

Post#18 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:39 pm

Sido wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:27 pm
Tesq wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:08 pm while in change you can move, snare is simply useless vs melee than can remove it, if it is a good group/melee he will while other purge his other snares; if are pugs you can play to avoid to get reach into melee range, but bw /am have a higer range than you in change; miss direction save your ass and allow you to kill em.

The OP said that he respecced Havoc, so I answered with that in mind. Of course you can still manage to kill things 1-1 in Changing spec, but when there's more ppl involved (especially a healer), you can't out-heal anything anymore alone (that was possible years back when IFOC was in Changing tree). I was also Changing spec and never felt the need to spec in Havoc before the IFOC swap to kill in ST mod.
If you are not in 1vs 1 you can survive like all ppl do woth guard and healer and by be well positioned.

If melee move towards you you can move while still dps him unlike havoc so in all sich you can kite when an havoc.magus would have more problems keep up pressure.

If he charge to you out of guard it's dead.
If he dont he cant reach ya if you stay well positioned.

Ads
Wiede

Post#19 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:23 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:44 pm Worth taking into account that Magus damage with 8 stacks is pretty astronomical, so the pet being killed every so often to offset/keep this potential in check is a pretty fair trade off (not to say that it couldn't be tweaked a bit, though).
Hm, that's what his range restrictions and build up time is for... probably.

It's not easy to stay in range, wait 16 seconds to deliver your full dps... i think there is no need to have that weak pets too. But thats probably a personal opinion.

TanithScout

Post#20 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:29 am

Just use the Wombo build and chuck people. You'll be fine, flying disc-candy...
Qonrad, the knave of Nagarythe, Ghost of the Garior.

Imperial, Myrmidia's Chosen

Live: Karak Azgal Guild: They Took Our Jobs (Explicit Content) Char: Neomir/HCTBoom/Jinnz