Recent Topics

Ads

Scenarios fate

Let's talk about... everything else
abodam

Re: Scenarios fate

Post#21 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:00 pm

Natherul wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:40 pm
Ironbeard wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:08 pm Natherul, would you at least consider counting 2h tanks as tanks and not dps? Because the majority ARE tanks. Maybe if they slot focused offense, count them as a dps, but otherwise they are tanks. Its inflating the pool of dps and deflating the pool of tanks, and the niche of 2h tanks IS scenarios, so it seems so very odd to penalize them.
I dont make decisions on my own, but from me thats an absolute no. If you want to be a tank then use the proper weapons for it.
It would be a shame some tanks were designed as 2H tanks from the start, but this probably just means Swordmasters are bad MDPS with wrong skills like guard etc.
Magus / BG

Ads
Tom

Post#22 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:25 pm

As already mentinoned in multiple posts - running around with a shield in scenarios really doesnt serve much of a purpose. Since my 2h BG is considered "dps" by devs when queueing and playing in scenarios (despite its guarding, assisting and the other tank role activites I perform), I can't wait to get detaunt dropping onto my toolbar in scenarios!! Surely no dps class should be without detaunt ability, right? :))

TenTonHammer

Post#23 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:06 pm

You guys can call 2H tanks “dps” when

1) when they out put as much dps as ACTUAL r/mdps
2) when guard taunt and challenge is blocked out when you equip a 2H
3) when focused offense isn’t a garbage tactic

Until then calling 2H tanks “dps” and saying that “tanks” are defined; not by the role but by the weapons they equip is the dumbest statement I’ve read from a dev whose not torq

OldSparky

Post#24 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:08 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:06 pm You guys can call 2H tanks “dps” when

1) when they out put as much dps as ACTUAL r/mdps
2) when guard taunt and challenge is blocked out when you equip a 2H
3) when focused offense isn’t a garbage tactic

Until then calling 2H tanks “dps” and saying that “tanks” are defined; not by the role but by the weapons they equip is the dumbest statement I’ve read from a dev whose not torq
And all 3 requirements have to be met.

Grock

Post#25 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:52 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:06 pm 2) when guard taunt and challenge is blocked out when you equip a 2H
don't give them ideas :lol:
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

rmpl

Post#26 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:16 pm

Grock wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:52 pm
TenTonHammer wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:06 pm 2) when guard taunt and challenge is blocked out when you equip a 2H
don't give them ideas :lol:
nath when reading that post

OldSparky

Post#27 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:22 pm

At least then small scale and scenarios wouldn't be a problem anymore :P

Saftdryck
Banned

Post#28 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:01 pm

Long plan to kill off organized 6mans and tryhards from the game is coming to fruition i see.

Wasnotme Corazon Jizo Jeorr Ilzen
FUSION
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/fusionlife
Videos: https://www.twitch.tv/fusionlife/videos/all

Ads
DokB

Post#29 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:11 am

Are we really, actually, seriously, literally back to this “2h tanks are not tanks” bullshit argument? Did you miss the 50+ page thread back when the guard change was introduced or did you just conveniently ignore it and passed it off as “whining”?

Don’t tell me you actually used that ridiculously flawed in-game survey as a basis for anything? :lol:
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

marisco

Post#30 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:00 am

Natherul wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:40 pm
Ironbeard wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:08 pm Natherul, would you at least consider counting 2h tanks as tanks and not dps? Because the majority ARE tanks. Maybe if they slot focused offense, count them as a dps, but otherwise they are tanks. Its inflating the pool of dps and deflating the pool of tanks, and the niche of 2h tanks IS scenarios, so it seems so very odd to penalize them.
I dont make decisions on my own, but from me thats an absolute no. If you want to be a tank then use the proper weapons for it.
Jesus Christ, is this for real? Just go ahead and remove 2h for tanks, its easier and paints a better picture about the current dev philosophy. You are punishing people for using 2h on the niche where they actually are viable.

2h tanks already performs extremely poor in the zergfest that is orvr and forts, can only fit certain comps for pve without being carried and now are punished for joining SCs. Where the hell are they supposed to be, then?

One would think that the negative backlash over the terrible guard change would make you guys see things with a different perspective, but nope, according to the lead dev tanks are supposed to be HTL spamming guardbots and that's about it.