Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
scatterthewinds

Re: Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Post#91 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:25 pm

When are you going to balance classes. Gj on finding the msh anomaly. It took 6 months but I guess better late than never.

Ads
adamthelc

Post#92 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:27 pm

I've lost scenarios where we had 20+ more kills than the other team. I wouldnt say that's common, but it happens, 12 just seem low. In the first minute 12 kills might be a big deal, but what happens 7 minutes in with 12 kill difference?

12 kills could just be a bad engagement. It doesnt really give the other side a chance to regroup and have a better showing. It just encourages a side to give up. You are basically saying if one side wipes the scenario is over.

Besides the number of kills it takes to proc domination I think the system could use a tweak. If it's going 3 times as fast, maybe make objectives worth 3 times as much?

Personally I would just rather domination be removed than this. If you dont want the dominating side to have quick wins from kills, just bring it back to how it originally was.

I can kind of understand not wanting to give a side a quick win from just farming the other side. But it seems goofy making it hard for a team to actually reach 500 if they vastly superior to the other team.

Does someone need to keep track of kill differential? And tell people to start suiciding or stop attacking so you have time to finish the objectives? Or do people have to just accept that if your team is too good you wont be getting full rewards from scenarios?

wachlarz

Post#93 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:33 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:02 pm
Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:52 pm
rmpl wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:45 pm
We literally just won highpass cementary with you despite having 20 less kills because we capped the flag twice and the opposite team had no time to regain the points since domination ended the match for them. Do you really think this is working as intended? :roll:
working perfectly? no, but honestly better then a system that would literally reward people for ignoring objective and just go killing.
Again, you didn't ignore the objective, as you would intend to both kill the enemy and capture the objectives; but if the enemy gave up within the first minute (as was often the case), i.e before you could even do the objective, then whose fault was that? When you enter into a SC, the outcome is often decided in the first engagement, so it is not the winners' fault for demolishing the enemy, and you can't accuse premades of 'ignoring the objective' when the outcome was already decided in the first 60 seconds (aka before any real capturing of objectives could have taken place).

Even after these changes, the same old pugs will find themselves farmed ad nauseam, stuck in their WC due to their inability* (read: refusal) to get organised; the only difference is that the winners are now being punished for...winning, which simply does not bode well whatsoever in a game that should be encouraging PvP, yet as of late seems to do anything but.
1.U want domination tick because U dominate sc.
2.U want domination tick because U play premade vs pug and its boring.
3. If winning sc and having more medalions then losing side (most time max to 0 ) not encourage U to play. Then how should be motivated lossing side to play?

Nameless

Post#94 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:44 pm

If objectives are so big of a factor for the devs just remove renown from kills and double/triple renown from points by objectives. So premades wont have meaning by kill-farm but do objectives and u could even disable domination mechanic
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

adamthelc

Post#95 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:05 pm

After doing more scenarios I really think domination should just be gotten rid of. Decent scenarios are being cut short for no good reason.

I get that they didnt want to give people quick 500 wins from ignoring objectives, but this is having a negative impact on every scenario I've done and I have only been pugging.

Domination should just be thrown out the window all together if the way it was functioning was the problem. Or at the very least just have it give heroic defender, but not give point or change the time of the match.

I would rather have to sit in my WC, as the side getting farmed, while the other team did objectives to win than have decent matches cut short.

Tankbeardz

Post#96 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:49 pm

Kill contribution was neutered years ago. SCs like Talabec Dam were some of my favorites from live but they are 15 minute slogfest trash here. Now they are even worse. The solution must be more flags and bombs, right?

Onemantank wall talking about L2P then pushing 2 zones and telling destro to go to the undefended one for a free win. We know why he likes this change.

Sulorie

Post#97 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:11 pm

Nameless wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:44 pm If objectives are so big of a factor for the devs just remove renown from kills and double/triple renown from points by objectives. So premades wont have meaning by kill-farm but do objectives and u could even disable domination mechanic
And then all get the same reward no matter how they perform, because they get rewarded for 500pts?
Dying is no option.

Darks63

Post#98 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:12 pm

So does that mean that scs that go to the wire will not start ticking up points at the 1 min mark anymore? If so the rewards for both sides will be reduced badly. During this x2 the pop time were already a bit slower than the last few x2 do you really wanna increase wait times more.

Speaking of SC could you remove the sc quest npc and tie those quests to a item in the quest backpack instead. Standing around the frontages of the cites waiting for pops so you can instantly turn them in is rather boring and exacerbates the feeling of boredom during waits between pops.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#99 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:29 pm

we are talking internally and we will introduce a TEST for further SC changes tomorrow in a hotfix

dansari

Post#100 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:36 pm

Nameless wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:44 pm If objectives are so big of a factor for the devs just remove renown from kills and double/triple renown from points by objectives. So premades wont have meaning by kill-farm but do objectives and u could even disable domination mechanic
And then we should just get rid of the factions and have one realm, with guilds and alliances competing against each other to see how fast they can transport supplies, capture flags, and facetank keep lords in an epic pve adventure.
<Salt Factory>