Recent Topics

Ads

IB tank specc?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Alcan
Suspended

IB tank specc?

Post#1 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:23 pm

Been searching alot but cant find any pre 40 rr!

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: IB tank specc?

Post#2 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:03 pm

This was the build I went
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... =3763,3752

Grumble and mutter is good survivability along with oath-bound and runic shield

Earthshatter provides both cc and a nice chunk of AoE

For tactics you have a nice variety to choose from for your third slot but rugged and ancestral inheritance is a must

Gargis

Post#3 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:54 pm

AI is not necessary, if you have good gear. Guarded attack should be in your rotation. AI is ok with PVE.

Depends on your spec. Shield Mastery, Seasoned Vet, Sweet Revenge, Punishing knock are better that AI. Punishing knock and rugged are the only "must haves" IMO, and the later is debatable.

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:12 pm

Gargis wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:54 pm AI is not necessary, if you have good gear. Guarded attack should be in your rotation. AI is ok with PVE.
Ok pre 40/40 and op wants to be a tank

Let’s consider what gear you have access to that’s decent for a tank? Ruin and anni

Neither of which is that good, you need that AI for more durability or you will just get burned by the 40/40+ players

And considering that the meta is armor stacking I don’t know why you would pass on AI especially if goal is to be a tank

kmark101

Post#5 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:39 am

You should never remove Rugged and AI from your tactics ever in any game mode. The amount of triple armor debuffs on destro side is ridiculus, so the second you remove it you are a paper dwarf (as IB doesn't have any oshit buttons as other tanks, it only relies on its classic defense numbers).
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

CountTalabecland

Post#6 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:07 pm

As stated above, never remove Rugged and AI in PvP. You benefit from all the armor you can get due to WS bypass and debuffs coming at you all the time. I know some people don’t spec Shield Mastery, but +10% block with 100% up time ain’t bad. At sub-40 as a guard bot. I would say go mid tree and get parry/ini buff first, then shield mastery, and then go up the right tree for punishing knock, runic shield, and earth shatter. Once I hit rr 60 I only take punishing knock and shield from right tree and then I go over to left tree and grab crit buff too.

But this is more an matter of choice on what you need to do to survive. In a decent group set up with reliable healers, odds are that you won’t need GnM and even if you did due to a lack of heals, that probably means the rest of the group is dead and dying and you are doing a last stand with GnM and pots.

With low renown rank, maximizing you avoidance & reducing your chance to be crit are more important than earthshatter or GnM because you need to survive even moderate burst. GnM will do nothing to save you if you are getting hit by big crits & every ranged dot is landing on you due to low avoidance and the HoT ticks of GnM are getting far surpassed by the damage you are taking in.

Also remember that the block rate on shields also determines block chance so that should be the first item of gear you buy at each stage as you level up.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Esperflame

Post#7 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:32 am

Gargis wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:54 pm AI is not necessary, if you have good gear. Guarded attack should be in your rotation. AI is ok with PVE.

Depends on your spec. Shield Mastery, Seasoned Vet, Sweet Revenge, Punishing knock are better that AI. Punishing knock and rugged are the only "must haves" IMO, and the later is debatable.
You don't think an extra 660 armor isn't worth it? It stacks with your pot or buff!
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me