Recent Topics

Ads

[Feedback] Changes of morale

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Tesq

Re: [Feedback] Changes of morale

Post#111 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:32 pm

It's ok but i see this as.a waste of your time because you desire have faster or slower moral gain based primary on what morales do or not do; in this case the main antagonist are the off morales.

Morales arent really consistent right now and i fear you will have to process these kind of feedback twice , once now and another time after the morales will be adjusted. Hence would be better give priority to morales changes first and then worry about rates or you risk to loose time you could use elsewhere.
Last edited by Tesq on Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Collateral

Post#112 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:47 pm

Then simply make the base rate be such that you can fire an m4 every 2 minutes, I don't see what the issue here is?

I just want you guys to be clear on what you want to do. Set the rate so you can use m4 every 2 mins, fine. Then we will know where we are at, and hopefully you can start balancing morales. I would just like you to give us your idea of what you think morales should be and how they should be used, how often etc. Maybe you already have and I missed it.

roadkillrobin

Post#113 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:02 pm

I also think a 2 min CD on Morals is a much better temporary solution then lowering the gain to deal with this until you figured out what you want morals to be. The main problem is that it's pointless to even have the Mastery M4's in the game if it's such a monumental task to be able to get to use em. It makes it completely undesirable to spec for those skills. As for the BW/Sorc morale, I don't think they should have both a self pump tactic and a AoE dps Morale at M2. It goes completely against the design balance logic of all other classes. You eaither have a AoE dps morale at 2 or a self pump tactic. Not both.

Luuca

Post#114 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:36 pm

Can we scrap the Scaler for Morale gains and apply it to AAO? Often the side with AAO reaps huge rewards while blobbing up on smaller groups. If AAO scaled in real time in relation to the groups actually fighting and not including the renown pinatas running boxes solo and the parties roaming looking for small scale, avoiding actual unbalanced fights, the system would be a lot better off. AAO in relation to the actual fight at hand, not the broad-brush stroke of bodies in a lake would be great. It would give the smaller side rewards and help break up the Blobs in the lakes.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#115 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:30 am

Luuca wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:36 pm Can we scrap the Scaler for Morale gains and apply it to AAO? Often the side with AAO reaps huge rewards while blobbing up on smaller groups. If AAO scaled in real time in relation to the groups actually fighting and not including the renown pinatas running boxes solo and the parties roaming looking for small scale, avoiding actual unbalanced fights, the system would be a lot better off. AAO in relation to the actual fight at hand, not the broad-brush stroke of bodies in a lake would be great. It would give the smaller side rewards and help break up the Blobs in the lakes.
no scaling morale gain is going to be added

anarchypark

Post#116 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:07 pm

but slower m4 would make fast m2 bomb more desirable.
In 1:2:5:10 scaling,
effectiveness is not match with build time.
If entire timer was stretched further m1, m2 are less affected by it.
how about 4:6:8:10 ?
or 2:6:8:10
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Arbich
Suspended

Post#117 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:34 pm

You can't increase the time to get m2, cause of focused mind, which is arguably the best morale in the game (outside of some specific Situations) and has to be available more or less every minute because of general balance reasons. If you increase the time to get focused mind considerably, you have to also rework Charge, snare, snare-break, root, gap closer for different classes.

If BW/Sorc dmg m2 is too strong, rework it. Remove it for Sorc and change it to aoe-stun for bw like on live.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

wachlarz

Post#118 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:50 pm

Luuca wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:36 pm Can we scrap the Scaler for Morale gains and apply it to AAO? Often the side with AAO reaps huge rewards while blobbing up on smaller groups. If AAO scaled in real time in relation to the groups actually fighting and not including the renown pinatas running boxes solo and the parties roaming looking for small scale, avoiding actual unbalanced fights, the system would be a lot better off. AAO in relation to the actual fight at hand, not the broad-brush stroke of bodies in a lake would be great. It would give the smaller side rewards and help break up the Blobs in the lakes.
U want 6 man fight a 24 man in AAO. This will be true balans system 🤣

Ads
Luuca

Post#119 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:33 am

wachlarz wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:50 pm
U want 6 man fight a 24 man in AAO. This will be true balans system 🤣
No , you do not understand the concept, so let me explain in detail.

Lets say that Order has AAO in the zone of 100%. They are outnumbered by Destro by a little more than 2:1.

Destro 6 man is riding from warcamp trying to get to keep to join the warband.

Because Order has only one warband, many players, lets say 12 for easy math, will skip the defense and go roam the road from destro warcamp to Keep with 100% AAO looking for solos, duos, or smaller numbers to gank. When those fights happen, the actual smaller force, the Destro 6 man, might manage to kite for 2 kills before being overrun by the 12 man.

Destro players working their butts off kiting, trying to stay alive, and kill get a grand total of 3 renown for all their efforts fending off a group 2x their size. While at the same time, the Order group gets AAO bonus for decimating a smaller group with 2:1 numbers.

If AAO scaled by number of players present within a 160 ft area of the fight (kinda like the morale gain system possibly did - at least that's how I think it worked) then the true underdog of the fight, the Destro 6 man would have had AAO and received much more renown (because they would have had 100% AAO for fighting against a larger force) by kiting and killing against a larger engaged force while the side with 2:1 odds would have gained 12 renown for playing for easy kills.

I see this type of AAO farming going on with duo WE groups only attacking solo players, 12 mans hunting solos, or 6-mans, even warbands hunting small game and avoiding the WB vs WB fights until absolutely necessary. If you have AAO, why sit in the keep and hope for kills from the walls when you can outnumber smaller groups and get rich rewards? That's how the system works now. Hell, I have even witnessed these gank 12 mans with AAO pop into PvE near T2 and T3 Lakes to bump up the AAO numbers then run back in and gank with higher AAO because the Zone AAO does not reset immediately.

AAO is being abused because it is Zone Wide. If AAO was localized to the actual fights at hand, it could not be abused.

wachlarz

Post#120 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:39 am

In yours system ther will be all time AAO. Wb attacking 12 man AAO for 12, 12 man attack 6 man AOO for 6 itd nothing change. Hmm but 6vs6 or equal can work. But this can be coded.... In fast dynamic fights...