Recent Topics

Ads

Starter Mounts

Let's talk about... everything else
havartii

Starter Mounts

Post#1 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:27 am

Is it really necessary to have such slow mounts. I tried getting a friend into the game and he just pointed out the obvious. The game is painfully slow and punishes new players. Why? Would it not make sense to try and keep players interested and make it fun?. I do understand this was what is considered hardcore and that might be great when you have a thriving player base. For those comments that will be... "everyone had to do it so should you" helps no one. I would love to level an alt and not have to go through the pain of those mounts again. I would like to introduce this game to my friends with more than a promise of "I it will get better after 40 hours of playtime." Most people just don't have the patience for that kind of commitment when they can't see the fun aspects of the game.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: Starter Mounts

Post#2 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:32 am

It’s just 10g for a 50% speed mount

You can easily amass that amount by level 16 with killquests and selling some mob drops

For t1 zones the starter 20%? Speed mounts is more than good enough

zulnam

Post#3 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:42 am

I can see the issue. Perhaps your friend is a bit too young and used to fast progression systems; i hate to sound old, but compared to 2000s mmorpg standards, the mounts in RoR are easy mode.

Original WAR had the first mount at 20. Nothing until then.
And wow vanilla? First mount at 40, two thirds into your leveling system.

Simply put you could play for months before without any mount.

In RoR you’ll have the 50% mount in less than a week.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

havartii

Post#4 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:56 am

I do not agree that the 20% mount is good enough. The maps are big, it may even encourage players to Explore and use everything. But na the slow mount is good enough, we just wont go anywhere.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:20 am

havartii wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:56 am I do not agree that the 20% mount is good enough. The maps are big, it may even encourage players to Explore and use everything. But na the slow mount is good enough, we just wont go anywhere.
Haha

No, t1 zones are hardly “big” the emp v norsca orvr zone is not large and neither is de v he map

T2, 3 and especially 4 are “big” that’s what justifies the 50 and 60% speed mounts for those zones

Being on a slow mount helps create a sense of grandness and largeness to those initial orvr zones that would all but disappears the second you zoom from one end of the map to the other on a 50% mount in less than a minute

adamthelc

Post#6 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:23 am

Whenever I make a new character I always think of how awesome it is to start with a mount.

Used to have to use that flee button to get around. Flight paths had to be discovered I think to, except for altdorf/IC? Pretty sure they were only in WCs too, instead of every low level chapter hub.

Dont really have much of an opinion on this just something to think about.

Glorian

Post#7 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:08 am

Aye.
On RoR there is a starter mount right from the start. And flight masters in most chapters.

On live you had none of this.
If you want to help your friends give them 10 gold for the faster mount.

Haskr

Post#8 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:36 am

You can buy level 16 mounts for 8 gold from chapter 8 PVE camps, thats 2 gold cheaper thant in the capital.

*spoken like a true dwarf*

Ads
Ysaran

Post#9 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:07 am

havartii wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:27 am Most people just don't have the patience for that kind of commitment when they can't see the fun aspects of the game.
If your friends can't see the fun aspect of the game then mounts wont make the scale. If your friends think that this game isn't funny then this isn't a game he/she should play. Actually RoR is much more player friendly than how much AoR has ever been
Zputadenti

Ysaran

Post#10 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:07 am

havartii wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:27 am Most people just don't have the patience for that kind of commitment when they can't see the fun aspects of the game.
If your friends can't see the fun aspect of the game then mounts wont make the scale. If your friends think that this game isn't funny then this isn't a game he/she should play. Actually RoR is much more player friendly than how much AoR has ever been
Zputadenti