Recent Topics

Ads

Why is there a patch every day?

Let's talk about... everything else
newshaman45

Why is there a patch every day?

Post#1 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:45 am

First off, I would like to say I am a new player and am grateful to the staff for bringing back such a great game for me to enjoy.

That being said, why are you guys patching or restarting the server every day? It kills the population for a few hours following the shutdown, which is bad for a pvp game that relies on it.

I really started playing a couple weeks ago and it seems like the server is always coming down before or during my playtime. My question is, can you consolidate these patches or restarts into one day a week or something?

I can tell you as a new player, when you start and there are 0 players doing public quests or rvr and scenarios won't queue, there is no reason to play this game.

Your pal,
Jaydee

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Why is there a patch every day?

Post#2 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:46 am

we patch once a week unless there is a big issue we need to deal with...

yesterday however the server crashed so was not a patch.

newshaman45

Post#3 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:10 am

It was just down for awhile, then it came up with major lag (not playable), and now hours later it is restarting again..

Again, I appreciate everything you guys do but this is ridiculous

hphn

Post#4 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:14 am

newshaman45 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:10 am It was just down for awhile, then it came up with major lag (not playable), and now hours later it is restarting again..

I bet you play ironbreaker
http://prntscr.com/oegurt
Last edited by hphn on Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:14 am

newshaman45 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:10 am It was just down for awhile, then it came up with major lag (not playable), and now hours later it is restarting again..

Yes they restart the server to deal with the lag

I think your forgetting that this isn’t some AAA run server like WOW

This is a private server run and funded by a couple of people for a game in its alpha state so calling it “ridiculous” is unreasonable to say the least

Eversoris

Post#6 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:20 am

newshaman45 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:10 am this is ridiculous
It's not.

Server can suffer from lags, bugs, isp problems and so on. Devs don't knock down server on their benefit, only because it's needed and if you play during this time you gotta wait and chill on forums.

Regards.
Pain is temporary. Eversoris is forever.
-------------------
Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/eversoris_
►► YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/Eversoris

newshaman45

Post#7 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:50 am

I read you guys loud and clear. I just think the frequency of restarts is reducing the fun for current players and deterring prospective players.

Me and my one remaining friend who plays ror (other one quit because he feels the server is dead) have been logging in this weekend to a server with nothing to do but run boxes back and forth between flags. I would have quit myself if I thought that was all the game had to offer.

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:53 am

newshaman45 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:50 am I read you guys loud and clear. I just think the frequency of restarts is reducing the fun for current players and deterring prospective players.

Me and my one remaining friend who plays ror (other one quit because he feels the server is dead) have been logging in this weekend to a server with nothing to do but run boxes back and forth between flags. I would have quit myself if I thought that was all the game had to offer.
If you can't suck it up and realise that an Alpha server is sometimes going to be prone to the occasional crash (or bad day full of crashes), then you should move onto something else. I've been here for 5 years or so, and the general state of stability (re server uptime) has always been good, so take from that what you will.

Ads
Urdeg

Post#9 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:28 pm

I think you just really like to whine and didnt get the response you wanted after you did. Behave with some understanding and perspective and you'll be a much happier explorer of resurrected or alpha state games.
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

Sahngar

Post#10 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:53 pm

A private server of dead game, staffed by volunteers occasionally has issues?