Recent Topics

Ads

AOE DPS

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tanski

Re: AOE DPS

Post#11 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:36 pm

I agree, choppa is a ton of fun. But the more I think about this, the less sense it makes. So the class that has to frontline and has to be extremely squishy, able to be 100-0 in a second with no guard doesnt do as much damage as an rdps. Whats the point of playing any dps besides BW or Sorc? Thats broken.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Ads
Collateral

Post#12 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:53 pm

If you want to bomb with sorc effectively you have to go into melee range, meaning it's a close quarters class like any other aoe class. You could kinda do range bombing but it's very ineffective.

Bw and sorc have always been strong, and mandatory in wb play. Can't say the same about some other classes, especially order ones.

Ysaran

Post#13 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:54 pm

Tanski wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:36 pm Whats the point of playing any dps besides BW or Sorc? Thats broken.
it depend from the environment. Mara is really good for both WBs and 6mans, it have tons of damage, utility and survivability. WE/WH are really good for small scale/solo. mSH is like mara, even is a bit weaker.
BW/Sorc aren't the only viable dps in gme, that's simply not true.
In addition i would like to say that damage isn't all, BW are my fevourite prey. They die soooo fast , just matter of coming in melee range :lol:.
Zputadenti

Tanski

Post#14 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:01 pm

I understand the utility the other classes provide. I understand the squishiness of a BW but I am comparing them to choppa/ slayer, who by their class mechanic are squishy as hell and just blow up. To me, it straight up doesnt make sense.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Aurandilaz

Post#15 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:12 pm

Tanski wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:40 pm Well this is a little disheartening . I feel like an arsehole now because I was so sure of my class. Well time to go level my bright wizard 😂!
Ehh, play what feels fun. Play Choppa for now if you like it now, try Sorc or BW in future if they feel like fun. Have all, rr81 Sorc, rr81 Chop, rr80 BW, they all do aoe bombing in bit different ways. BW is the highest potential, due to multiple procs (with procs not gaining dmg contri from main stat Int, they are not countered by enemy toughness), and has extremely high dmg in both close range and when played well with ranged flashfire+fieryblast or fireball barrage bombing. Rain of Fire alone with Wildifire/FunnelPower/CrownofFire/WPproc can melt half a pug wb in few seconds. Sorc enjoys superior range, less procs, but still some, FrozenTouch/DoKcov - IW being over 80ft and SK also at 80, PoS also 80, and IS which is the bane of any unhealed enemy pug who can only watch in despair as the dots slowly drain the last HP after corp debuffed by zealot/BO so they have 0 resis left. SP+DC at close range are almost as lethal as BW close ranging bombing, but since you have softened enemies already from range, you only enter close range to finish them off.
Choppa/SL meanwhile are more tricky, but also more challenging cases - you have less armor and resis when Berserk (ironically also still doing less dmg than sorc/bw), but when playing clever, you can sidestep most threats with help of snare break + charge, then aim directly at enemy healers and go bully them until they either drop dead or have to keep moving to stay alive, which then allows the BW/sorc to win the mainfight. Shatter Limbs alone from Slayer can decide a fight if enough many enemy heals are affected by it. GTDC is also the bane of many orderlings, as they end up flying 3-4 sec in the middle of fight, which kinda removes them from fight for that short while since unable to cast when flying (can do instant spells anyway so you can still ignore it), or in case of BW who might just end up killing a suicidal choppa who pulled the wrong victim and melted in the process.

However reading order regions/t4 chats last weeks, it seems as if Choppas are the main enemy of all order players in this game. Might just be the lack of good sorcs with heals running in proper warbands. In pug warfare, maybe choppa seems like "easier" pick coz not reliant on a healer HOT to stay alive with Backlash mechanic (which is kinda weird, if getting that 1 HOT to keep a sorc alive is too much and it becomes easier to roll a real suicide machine with even less defences).

Tanski

Post#16 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:19 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:12 pm
Tanski wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:40 pm Well this is a little disheartening . I feel like an arsehole now because I was so sure of my class. Well time to go level my bright wizard 😂!
Ehh, play what feels fun. Play Choppa for now if you like it now, try Sorc or BW in future if they feel like fun. Have all, rr81 Sorc, rr81 Chop, rr80 BW, they all do aoe bombing in bit different ways. BW is the highest potential, due to multiple procs (with procs not gaining dmg contri from main stat Int, they are not countered by enemy toughness), and has extremely high dmg in both close range and when played well with ranged flashfire+fieryblast or fireball barrage bombing. Rain of Fire alone with Wildifire/FunnelPower/CrownofFire/WPproc can melt half a pug wb in few seconds. Sorc enjoys superior range, less procs, but still some, FrozenTouch/DoKcov - IW being over 80ft and SK also at 80, PoS also 80, and IS which is the bane of any unhealed enemy pug who can only watch in despair as the dots slowly drain the last HP after corp debuffed by zealot/BO so they have 0 resis left. SP+DC at close range are almost as lethal as BW close ranging bombing, but since you have softened enemies already from range, you only enter close range to finish them off.
Choppa/SL meanwhile are more tricky, but also more challenging cases - you have less armor and resis when Berserk (ironically also still doing less dmg than sorc/bw), but when playing clever, you can sidestep most threats with help of snare break + charge, then aim directly at enemy healers and go bully them until they either drop dead or have to keep moving to stay alive, which then allows the BW/sorc to win the mainfight. Shatter Limbs alone from Slayer can decide a fight if enough many enemy heals are affected by it. GTDC is also the bane of many orderlings, as they end up flying 3-4 sec in the middle of fight, which kinda removes them from fight for that short while since unable to cast when flying (can do instant spells anyway so you can still ignore it), or in case of BW who might just end up killing a suicidal choppa who pulled the wrong victim and melted in the process.

However reading order regions/t4 chats last weeks, it seems as if Choppas are the main enemy of all order players in this game. Might just be the lack of good sorcs with heals running in proper warbands. In pug warfare, maybe choppa seems like "easier" pick coz not reliant on a healer HOT to stay alive with Backlash mechanic (which is kinda weird, if getting that 1 HOT to keep a sorc alive is too much and it becomes easier to roll a real suicide machine with even less defences).
^^ This was extremely helpful. I still think just due to the nature of the classes choppa/slayer should have more aoe potential but beggars cant be choosers.Ill play both choppa and my bw but when your class is entirely orientated around doing damage its always going to be in the back of your mind that there is a class that does it better.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Marawo

Post#17 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:04 pm

Main difference is Hold the line, it is not that hard to screen your whole wb with +45% dodge/disrupt if you build a proper 2/2/2 wb add +20% from renown and gear and you really lower sorc impact. Choppa is a different threat that can't be migitated by htl spam, also a good linebreaker with his gtdc.
As for pug play, pack yourself full with ap/hp pots medal and cultivated ones, get regenerative types as well this will save you alot of frustration from not getting healed in time.
Sorc is the better pug grinder because of his range and bad enemy wb setups.

TenTonHammer

Post#18 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:26 pm

Except a majority of this game

These players are pugging casual players and so you rarely face “competitive warbands” since most of them are gone/inactive/disinterested especially vs order

So the general success you have outweighs whatever difficulty you might face then in that situation

Ads
adamthelc

Post#19 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:47 pm

Tanski wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:36 pm I agree, choppa is a ton of fun. But the more I think about this, the less sense it makes. So the class that has to frontline and has to be extremely squishy, able to be 100-0 in a second with no guard doesnt do as much damage as an rdps. Whats the point of playing any dps besides BW or Sorc? Thats broken.
If it was that simple then that's all you would see, and there are probably people who do think that way and go for that.

You dont have to be constantly red and only hitting attacks. You can give up 25% damage for better armor, similar resists(outside of sorc CD) and better parry. You have an AoE detaunt, a charge and a root/snare break (that's not a morale). If they are slotting the M2 for bombing they wont even have a morale version. So a Choppa definitely is more self sufficient in melee range than a Sorc. The Sorc just has the option of not being in melee range, but their damage wont be as good if they choose that.

The most important point though is why would you ever play a Choppa to begin with? Slayers are infeninetly cooler. Choppas should just be removed for trying to even be somewhat similar to the king of all classes. Slayers have better AoE damage than Choppas, because they have mastery abilities that allow them to actually do more AoE damage.

Play a Sorc or a Slayer, forget the fungus warrior and the fire clown.

SWEtree

Post#20 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:47 am

One of many good things with a choppa is they can move in the meleetrain and still do good aoe dmg,combined with the pull.
These two options makes choppa one of the most important classes on the battlefield in bigscale fighting.
Lucirona WP
Lucironia KOTBS
Luciran WL