Recent Topics

Ads

Fort disconnect/leave exploit

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Kaowiec

Re: Fort disconnect/leave exploit

Post#11 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:03 am

[quote=bctakhy post_id=367922 time=1562904632 user_id=99074

Sorry, some weeks i dont play, maybe i missed anything. Why defenders cant leave fort? I check pop all time and there where room in both fortess all time, for both sides. Or u mean by cant leave, u dont wanted risk u spot in fort like attackers did?
[/quote]

If defenders leave they cant come back. So like tonight, destro enter first fort, than move fast to second fort to take it quickly and than they move again to first fort. Order coudnt follow to defend coz if we leave first to defend second we cant come back to defend first and it will be empty. So at the end we had 1 order wb on each fort aganist seventy destros in both.
I guess its gona work same way if order attack forts and it will be unfair for destros in same way as it was for us. This is why its expoloit because only one side can benefit from the situation.

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#12 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:16 am

Exploit is not exploit as long as there is no official position of devs. what is not forbidden is allowed.
What is the difference between a fort and a keep? Why is attacking (from a keep, which is difficult to capture for any reason) can leave, and begin to seize another less protected pairing, but they cannot leave from the fort("because that is unwillingness to fight")?
Both factions have equal access to this strategy, only one side can use it, other fail.
but in any case, the last word for the devs.
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Maximillian

Post#13 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:26 am

Defenders can leave fort but it leaves a reservation open for them so they cannot get back in and noone can replace them as the Order portal keeps the reservations.

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#14 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:33 am

The only thing thatmaybe MAYBE should be tweaked in my opinion with forts is player cap, as this will allow defenders to spread better if several forts are open, like lower caps to 96 attackers to 72 defenders.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#15 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:47 am

the bug where someone can join and the leave and get rewards without doing anything has been addressed in the upcoming patch.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#16 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:57 am

Manatikik wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:01 am I think people need to re-evaluate what an ‘exploit’ is...

Let me help you:

In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, speed or level design etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_exploit

Hargrim
Developer

Post#17 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:00 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:16 am what is not forbidden is allowed.

Now that's a bold statement.

mubbl

Post#18 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:24 am

Spoiler:
anarchypark wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:46 am 2 fort push simultaneously.
in game point of view, it's battle avoiding.
defenders have to stay in 1 fort for 45min.
attackers don't.
so if they face strong resistance or foresee that will face strong resist,
they can avoid battle and open empty fort.

i thought about attacker lock ( can't leave and join another )
but it will be attacker empty fort + defender empty fort.
attackers will always choose empty fort.

but in strategic or lore point of view,
it's divide and conquer.
Chaos attack Empire, HE send helping troops to Empire, DE attack weaken HE.
it's storyline.
sending enemy force somewhere else to hit weak spot.
it's actually used a lot in 1 orvr zone.
happening with 2 forts is problem.

maybe lockout for 1 hour at the end of fort?
or reduced pop cap for 2nd fort, also weaker lord in this case.
mega blobb love confirmed :D
why limited campaign tactical options? i mean we can also just delete other racial paraings play one week in one pair and make a survey which one will be up for next week like we do with scs...
would be way better to give defenders the option to leave one fort and reinforce other fort.

Ads
Drittalv

Post#19 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:31 am

In my eyes the added feature of letting people who leave or DC from forts get their medalions will undoubtedly promote people leaving or afk'ing in unwinnable fort attacks. I do not see this as a good thing but it's what te devs chose to aim towards and i think we should give them some trust.

Right now this is a part of the game design. As linked to by devs earlier in this thread an exploit is anything that gives an advantage !and! is not part of the intended game design.

As it is now i would therefore argue that this strategy is fair game, atleast untill the devs makes changes to said game design.

Also i would like to add that we most likely still would have pushed for a second fort even if we didn't get any medalions from the first one considering how unbalanced fort attack/defense seems to be at the moment.

Manatikik

Post#20 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:39 am

Hargrim wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:57 am
Manatikik wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:01 am I think people need to re-evaluate what an ‘exploit’ is...

Let me help you:

In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, speed or level design etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_exploit
Was people not participating in two forts not intended? Cause if not that just seems like a poor decision by the staff. If you can manage to take two forts at the same time (especially while it’s end game content) why wouldn’t you want people to be able to benefit from their actions?
<Montague><Capulet>