why do you think so? genuine question
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
chokeanutsman

Re: Order and Destro Community differences

Post#22 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:41 pm

Order:

WP Sigmar's Grace - Tanky vs. Morale Bomb, easy PvE because extra hp

AM Walk Between Worlds - CANNOT BE SET BACK FOR 5 SECONDS, so you can build deftard healer and every 15 seconds you can't be set back for 5 seconds spamming charged passive + group heal if you get focused. Also EZ 1v1s. (Some people will bring up BG and WE from Destro side as having good 1v1s, big deal IB and WH do the same thing but WL and AM are better mirrors in terms of 1v1s than SH and Shaman. So AM having a faster means of leveling than all characters because of superior match ups and objectively superior 1v1-ability than Shaman makes it a sleeper OP healer if you know how to charge passive and WALK BETWEEN WORLDS LOL)

KOBS Focused Mending - 15% more group healing

White Lion - Lol ez Solo Roam [ez renowns] and SCs, just pick your fights carefully and don't all-in a deftard because they can't chase you back anyways. And Ez 1v1s.

Order really does seem very pug friendly overall in 1v1, PvE, SCs, etc once you read their skills. How do you fail dungeons with KOBS and WP for example lmao.

Trigger Warning, and I apologize for pointing out skill descriptions that back up my claim in advance.

(Though I won't defend Daemonic Screech from Destro side, magus changing path M4 2400 damage to the whole room if you have x8 blue pet stacks which increases radius, which is probably the strongest M4 in the game if you have like multiple maguses doing this in RvR. Sad that not many Maguses think Daemonic Screech [you build deftard so you can land this point blank] is viable over Rift when the best CC in the game is death, but lack of common sense makes rift look more attractive)

Dackle

Post#23 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:02 pm

Telen wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:38 am Maybe they are just all role playing. You wouldn't expect a DE to be a nice friendly chap.
Exactly! It's why i play a grumpy dwarf, usually drunk....

wonshot

Post#24 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:13 pm

Atleast it took 3 pages before we arrived at imballance.

From my brief experience on Destro-side, they just have more experienced warband leaders who are also wellknown and will attract alot of trafic in their warbands. Mixed in with a culture of everything is viable to some extend you get a lot more pug-friendly realm for orvr

Order did have some good and commonly known pug leaders half a year ago, some quit, some persue more hardcore approaches and the next set of warband leaders have not yet made their mark, atleast from my points of view. So we end up with alot of loud voices all trying to lead at once in some situations (hello forts with inner on 3% and everyone think they got the best idea)
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Bladepower7

Post#25 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:52 pm

wonshot wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:13 pm Atleast it took 3 pages before we arrived at imballance.
I don't know why everything must end in a whine for class balance, haha, the point of the post was about community behavior differences, but probably is in people nature to end up whining for classes :P
KUMA: Order Japanese Guild ---- Art of Execution: OCE/SEA Guild
Bladetemplar - KotBS 40/81 ----- Bladepower - CHO 40/82
Bladelegend - WL 40/60 ----- Bladeboss - BO 40/70

KotBS have low dps: https://imgur.com/PX59rru

SWEtree

Post#26 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:59 am

wonshot wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:13 pm Atleast it took 3 pages before we arrived at imballance.

From my brief experience on Destro-side, they just have more experienced warband leaders who are also wellknown and will attract alot of trafic in their warbands. Mixed in with a culture of everything is viable to some extend you get a lot more pug-friendly realm for orvr

Order did have some good and commonly known pug leaders half a year ago, some quit, some persue more hardcore approaches and the next set of warband leaders have not yet made their mark, atleast from my points of view. So we end up with alot of loud voices all trying to lead at once in some situations (hello forts with inner on 3% and everyone think they got the best idea)
I agree 100%. We have the same problem whenever we have organized guilds running their weekly events. They try to lead in regionchat and half the orderpopulation goes emo and starts insulting them.
Orderpugs should suffer and die to FMJ,PnP and TUP. They deserve it.
Lucirona WP
Lucironia KOTBS
Luciran WL

Urdeg

Post#27 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:32 pm

I've been playing on both and I don't see a difference. Players like to believe there is, but both sides behave exactly the same in global chat. Exactly the same when roaming around in Warbands. Exactly the same when hunting for PvE groups. It really is a placebo effect.

You get a different grab bag of people or populations depending on the time of day but no I don't believe there is any substantial difference in the communities of Order and Destuction.
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

jasonX
Suspended

Post#28 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:01 am

Bladepower7 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:24 am Changed "toxic" word with "rude" so less Destro player feels bad about my wrong choice of word :P
Deep down in you you still know that the best word to use is toxic :P.

In general terms I agree with you. Your analysis summarizes the mentality of both sides.
Although I believe that "The devs play order/destro" is a common way of thinking for both sides, not just for destro (it is so funny hehe everyone thinks they are wronged by the devs)

I have led semi-pug warbands via discord in order and in destro side. I currently formed a Guild in Destro side which seems to go pretty much well with many active and skilled people. On both sides you will find people ready to follow you to the depths of hell if you do your job right, people that are fun to play with and easy to hang out with and people dependable to perform hard tasks during occasions with great pressure in game.

Still you are 100% right. The toxicity levels in the Destro side are huge. There is a big number of solo players or semi-dead guld "cults" that will try to screw around with the phychology of anyone that tries to become a leader. They will back-seat drive and theorycraft in an offensive way 100% of the time whenever they lose.
Order pugs do play more organized (for pugs) and round up around strong leaders. Still I have seen Cature drawing some toxicity on him for no reason as well in the Order side. There is some toxicity there 2 but not as much as in Destro side.

Now some points I do not align with your analysis. Destro will lose ofter because usually their pug warband leaders open warbands to go afk and leech drops and rpees :). They tend to never cooperate with eachother even when prompted to do so in open chat numerous times. As a result strong guilds and privite groups tend to form to deal with this maddness on the DEstro side. Its like a natural evolution. There are only a few very distinguished individuals (apart from the organized guilds) that will cooperate with you as warband leaders in the destro side. Most of them will ignore you and go afk or feed eternally on a 0 IQ mode tankwall vs tankwall for 45'.

However.... Destro player have a big plus. Most of them will align with some strong leadership. They will follow it and respect it and will eventually leave their 4-man guilds to join a stronger one that has higher potential. They evolve fast and take reactive decisions for a better gaming experience. I am telling you that because on Order side I tried to recruit for CNTK when leading discord based pug warbands. I had some results but the results I saw on the Destro side were like 5x better. Order are more emotionally attached to their 5man guilds. Destro will eventually kindly say ty to their old guild and go on with their lives leaving it. I guess thats a result of the chaos that exists in pug warbands nowadays.

I could go on and write over this matter so many pages that Homer would then consider the iliades and the Oddysea a short fairytale for when you go to the toiler. This is indeed a very interesting discussion you just started. :)
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

Ads
Bladepower7

Post#29 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:25 pm

Yes, everyone had a different experience after all, some feel will be in common some not, but I like to see how other people approach the 2 different community that we have here in RoR :)
KUMA: Order Japanese Guild ---- Art of Execution: OCE/SEA Guild
Bladetemplar - KotBS 40/81 ----- Bladepower - CHO 40/82
Bladelegend - WL 40/60 ----- Bladeboss - BO 40/70

KotBS have low dps: https://imgur.com/PX59rru

Sulorie

Post#30 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:46 pm

Xergon wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:30 pm Sadly things going worse and worse, much less players who are dedicated, much more casual players. Upcoming months will be even worse cuz of WoW Classic, which i'm pretty sure will take much attention from more hardcore players.
Most players playing this came don't care about WOW at all. Same with other MMO releases along the server runtime. I am not expecting any major player drop. True hardcore players left long time ago.
Dying is no option.