Recent Topics

Ads

Order and Destro Community differences

Let's talk about... everything else
Bladepower7

Order and Destro Community differences

Post#1 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:45 am

A couple of things before I start, first sorry for my poor English, and second this is just my opinion based on my personal experience in 17 months in RoR.

I see tons of post talking about class or faction balance/differences, but today I wanna talk about the community.
I played 1 year on Order only, mostly with my main, a KotBS, after finish my Invader I decided to let him rest and try the Destro side rolling a Black Orc (that I'm currently playing).

Order, in general, have a good community, most of the people tend to play together as a faction and have fun. However, Order lack of hard-core players and guild, reducing the chance to play competitively for people that prefer that style, probably because of that, 99% of the Order WBs in RvR are all open and is very easy to find a group regardless of your level and/or spec. (except for healers DPS, no one love them :( ), there are also plenty of good and nice Pug-WB leaders. For the majority, Order is composed of nice but casual players with ofc few exceptions, there are also pretty toxic people too, luckily they are just few.
On the PVE side, I noticed that is very rare to find groups for GB, Crypt/Tunnel and BS (that can also finishing it) due to the dominant casual mentality and low interest on invest so much time in a dungeon.
On general PVP side (rvr and sc) Order tend to "QQ" way too much about "Choppa yolo-pull", "Devs play Destro", and mostly happens during Fort. for sc the most common QQ is the vast number of AM in pure DPS spec. Personally I not agree with Choppa pull or Devs play Destro to be an issue, for the AM DPS.... well if you see just 2 healers and both are AM DPS, they should be flexible and switch healing even with the wrong spec, instead of pewpew but free lose :P but that is just my opinion.
In conclusion, I recommend playing Order if you wanna play as a casual but with most of the people still being nice to you without big expectation about super-elite groups (still there are, but rare).

In general, Destro side is way ruder and surprisingly more childish, but the best persons I have ever met in this game are all Destro, same with the most rude, Destro have huge peek in both directions, you can find the sweetest people but also the worst piece of ****. You can find full geared people that will nicely help you on quest/dungeon or simply advice, but you can also find that type of guy that will criticize all your choice, talisman/gear etc., and repeat how much he's better than you, very annoying especially for newcomers.
On PVE side, Destro have more activity on the dungeon or ch22 farm than Order, it's easier to start a dungeon and also finishing without no one quit, and players overall are more prepared with bosses strategy.
For PVP, Destro is more elitist, in all tiers (from T2 to T4) most of the WB are closed and prefers lv 40 with a minimum of decent gear, is not rare to find 0 open WB in a zone with 70+ players, making thing hard for non-dedicated players. There are also a lot of 6-man groups premade for both rvr-roaming and sc compared to Order (I probably saw very rarely people looking for a 6-man roaming group in Order) and I saw 2 active guilds in RVR with their own WB (on Order side there are basically 0 guilds running their own WB). Like Order, Destro have no-sense "QQ" too, most are related to WL, Engi insane range and Xrealmer (most of them don't even understand what an Xrealmer is, but hey! Everyone QQ about that, I'll do it! :P ).
In conclusion, I recommend Destro if you plan to play more Hard-Core and looking for small group/guild rather than a realm casual interaction, with the right group you can enjoy RoR 100% on both PVP and PVE side.

With that saying is obvious that can find Hard-Core scenario in Order and Casual scenario in Destro, just they are rarer.
This, in short, is my opinion based on my personal experience in RoR and ofc during my timezone (Asia), I'm curious what is the experience of other people with the RoR community, because in the end, in 10+ years, what will remain in your memory about this game will not be your gear but the people you met and how you played the game.
Last edited by Bladepower7 on Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
KUMA: Order Japanese Guild ---- Art of Execution: OCE/SEA Guild
Bladetemplar - KotBS 40/81 ----- Bladepower - CHO 40/82
Bladelegend - WL 40/60 ----- Bladeboss - BO 40/70

KotBS have low dps: https://imgur.com/PX59rru

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Order and Destro Community differences

Post#2 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:18 am

People still using the word 'toxic' for RoR makes me think that they haven't played a single other game...

Bladepower7

Post#3 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:23 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:18 am People still using the word 'toxic' for RoR makes me think that they haven't played a single other game...
I played other MMO too, one of them in “professional way” WoW, my MMO experience is 16 years old, there are various level of toxicity, and RoR isn’t even near to the worst, but regardless of the level, toxic is toxic :P

Glorian

Post#4 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:54 am

I think your original post summs it up way good. Although there are at least 3 guilds on Order that run their own closed Warbands.

But none of these warbands are at any time with 24 40/40+ players full who know their class.

Order has their bunch of hardcore and peak players. But never enough to fill a whole warband at the same time. :)

Zod24
Suspended

Post#5 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:59 am

criticizing talismans, playstyle or mistakes is not toxic lol

Bladepower7

Post#6 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:26 am

Zod24 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:59 am criticizing talismans, playstyle or mistakes is not toxic lol
Everything can be in my opinion, all depends on the way you say that, can be both a good advice or offensive, not happened to me , but I remember at last 4-5 times, mostly in SC where someone was offended for the the talisman they choose, “what a noob talisman this shaman is using” is a little offensive in my opinion, but hey, just my point of view. :)

tazdingo

Post#7 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:46 am

agree with peter. if you used "toxic" to desscribe a moba or lobby fps, understandable. using it to describe any aspect of ror is just being overly sensitive. this place really doesn't have much trouble with that sort of thing

Bladepower7

Post#8 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:18 am

Probably I choose the wrong word to express what I mean?

Ads
zulnam

Post#9 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:46 am

SCs tend to bring out the worst of people, hence why most of the toxic* things happen there. When loosing constantly, it’s easy to find fault in others.

* (It is just a description of an anti-social behaviour; to get stuck on the wording of it is to miss the point it tries to make)

I would disagree with your statement that most destro groups are closed WBs. Indeed there are many, semi-private organised groups (they usually advert on /2 that they need certain roles), you can often find WBs. When there’s none it’s usually because nobody wants to lead but on plenty of occasions i’ve opened my group and advertised on /2 or /t4 only to have a full wb 20 minutes later).

It’s hard to make accurate estimates as well, since it’s rather cyclical. Hardcore players have periods when they play order or destro; i think most people do. Sometimes destro wins and pushes fort for a few nights and then it’s orders turn.

I agree though there seems to be more organised guilds/alliances on destro side, but that’s just my point of view. Nothing accurate.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Bladepower7

Post#10 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:24 am

Changed "toxic" word with "rude" so less Destro player feels bad about my wrong choice of word :P