Recent Topics

Ads

Rookie Slayer Questions

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
sosenj6828

Rookie Slayer Questions

Post#1 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:23 am

Hey, ive got few questions about Slayer gameplay:
1. Can i make a macro that would use "Spine Crusher" if its possible, but it would use "Pulverizing Strike" instead, if im not behind target?
2. Do Slayers even use "Reckless Gamble"? (probably just depends on heals)
3. Using "Relentless Strike" seems pretty useless compared to other more direct skills, am i correct?
4. Could some1 recommend/link some mastery build? At this point im pretty clueless

Thanks in advance!

Ads
Ysaran

Re: Rookie Slayer Questions

Post#2 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:23 pm

1) i don't know.
2) when you are guaded and healed you HAVE to use it.
3) it's a dot and the total damage is higher than most other skill, your enemy should alway be affected by relentless strike. You should use this ability between other two. For example pulverizing strike-> relentless strike-> precarious assoult-> relentless strike->.... and so on.
4) my slayer isn't 40/40+ (for now) so i'm not the right person for give this type or advice; you can find some guide in the "dwarf" section of the forum.

Note that slayer/choppa are some od the hardest class to play. They are highly equip/RR dependant and could be very frustrating if you dont have patience. I suggest you to find a healer and a tank to play with, they will make your life a lot easier.

Sorry for my bad english.
Zputadenti

slaynot

Post#3 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:33 pm

For 1), I think it is (was ?) possible to do something like that with NerfedButtons.

Note that this addon is highly controversial.

sosenj6828

Post#4 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:46 pm

Thanks guys

Muurloen

Post#5 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:14 pm

1. Can i make a macro that would use "Spine Crusher" if its possible, but it would use "Pulverizing Strike" instead, if im not behind target?
-No idea

-I run it at all times. Its why its a gamble

3. Using "Relentless Strike" seems pretty useless compared to other more direct skills, am i correct?
-I do not use it anymore. Jagged Edge, Onslaught and ID dots everyone up nicely.

4. Could some1 recommend/link some mastery build? At this point im pretty clueless
- Assuming 40/40 http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=sla ... :4068:4069:
Muurlat DazKrom - Slayer RR8*
Kmuurlat Von Krom - Knight RR8*

sosenj6828

Post#6 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:13 pm

Thanks Muurloen

Neil

Post#7 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:55 pm

sosenj6828 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:23 am Hey, ive got few questions about Slayer gameplay:

Thanks in advance!
1. No. Theoretically you could do some things with an addon (I suggest don't use it) but the Slayer Spine Crusher is bugged. It always marks as available so even that addon can't work with it.

2. Do you have balls?

3. If you Spec in Trollslayer it's ok

4. 2h or DW, SC or WB?
SL NEILOR RR7X | BO NEILER RR7X

Grock

Post#8 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:53 pm

sosenj6828 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:23 am Hey, ive got few questions about Slayer gameplay:

Thanks in advance!
Answering an old topic because im bored :)
1) NerfedButtons should be able to handle that, afaik you can set-up positional conditions without relying on skill's availability
2) In single-target pretty much always, in AoE depends on how good your healer(s) are
3) It has the highest base damage compared to Pulverizing and Spine Crusher, in a standard 2/0/3 build you have plenty of points in Trollslayer making it considerably stronger than Pulverizing Strike, so yeah use it. It ticks over 3 seconds so if you wait for AP regen then you can use it every other GCD for maximized dps. Can handle via with NerfedButtons as well though...
4) This is the standard rank 40 rr 40 build. Choose 2 other tactics depending on what you need, options are Stoutness of Stone, Ancestral Inheritance, Flanking, Push for More. At 50+ you can use Accuracy tactic from 3rd tree. Jagged Edge and Riposte also OK but more... niche.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads