Recent Topics

Ads

[SL] Let's talk about the Tactics

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Grock

Re: [SL] Let's talk about the Tactics

Post#21 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:02 am

Power Through is used in two real builds: one is Giantslayer combo nuking build - Devastate + Spellbreaker + Deathblow, might also include Push for More as it synergizes nicely with Power Through.
This is either for pug-stomping or for a good premade that can manage to keep the slayer alive in Red zone, although i used it while soloqueueing SCs and had some fun :)

Another one is solo/duelling one, where Power Through allows you to use Rampage/Enervating without losing damage or delaying Incapacitate.
It also lets you burst the target down after the KD, and gives you the option of Precarious Assault spam in yellow zone which deals pretty scary damage.
In solo roaming situation you usually dont fight for long, and have enough time between engagements to drop the Rage naturally, so Berserk penalty isn't as big (and against enemies like Chosen, Magus or WE it doesn't even change anything because they debuff or ignore your defences anyway)

There are also for fun "spinning axe" build - Short Temper + Power Through + Wild Swing spam
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Cornerback

Post#22 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:45 pm

Grock wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:02 am Power Through is used in two real builds: one is Giantslayer combo nuking build - Devastate + Spellbreaker + Deathblow, might also include Push for More as it synergizes nicely with Power Through.
what tactics and renown spec would you use with this build? I'm RR40 atm and havent played my Slayer for ages...
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)

Grock

Post#23 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:31 pm

Cornerback wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:45 pm
Grock wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:02 am Power Through is used in two real builds: one is Giantslayer combo nuking build - Devastate + Spellbreaker + Deathblow, might also include Push for More as it synergizes nicely with Power Through.
what tactics and renown spec would you use with this build? I'm RR40 atm and havent played my Slayer for ages...
Honestly thats not the best choice for 40rr

Tactics are prety much always Brute Force + Wild Gambit, the other two are flexible, but if you use Power Through there's only 1 flexible slot and you gotta use it for what you currently need.

Push for More for more sustained damage, Flanking (or Breaking Point maybe, im not sure) for a bit more damage from your burst combo.
Stoutness of Stone vs KDs and Staggers, often the best choice.
Just find what works for your current set up.

For renown - i don't really know, i havent played with this build enough and im rarely playing optimal builds. I suppose getting incoming crit to 0%(or at least 5%) and maxing out parrry and/or dodge&disrupt should be your goal, later on with higher RR and better gear investing into crit may be good.

For 40rr its better to go dual wield with either standard ID build or Rune of Absorption if you don't have a group and want to be more indepedent and tenacious in a pug, Riposte + high parry stacking(anni set if you don't have anything better) and Stoutness of Stone are good choices for RoA build. Either way don't use Power Through.

Neil

Post#24 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:59 pm

SL NEILOR RR7X | BO NEILER RR7X

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#25 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:46 pm

You don’t use no escape with aoe build ?
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Cornerback

Post#26 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:55 pm

Grock wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:31 pm For 40rr its better to go dual wield with either standard ID build or Rune of Absorption if you don't have a group and want to be more indepedent and tenacious in a pug, Riposte + high parry stacking(anni set if you don't have anything better) and Stoutness of Stone are good choices for RoA build. Either way don't use Power Through.
TY. Gonna try this :)
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)

Sulorie

Post#27 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:57 pm

Grunbag wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:46 pm You don’t use no escape with aoe build ?
I guess the aoe snare is too unreliable, as the snare component has no fixed value and therefore your tanks are much better at this job.
Dying is no option.

Grock

Post#28 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:43 pm

Grunbag wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:46 pm You don’t use no escape with aoe build ?
Snare is pretty weak, damage is low as well, cooldown is very long so i don't think its worth it.
And it requires you to drop rage so its yet another +5 seconds until you start dealing damage

That ability has the lowest priority over the rest (Rampage, ID, SL, DW, M4) and you can't afford it at rr40.
You can take it later but IMO its not worth it, taking Accuracy or adding points for damage is better.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#29 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:20 pm

As others said here and in the choppa thread the snare value has no consistency for reliability , it’s weak damage as AoE, it’s cool down is long and it requires you to drop rage

OgiWanBG

Post#30 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:41 am

Thats what I was using. Like it a lot.
Optimuss - WL - rr57
Ogimir - SW - rr65