Patch notes 29/06/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Manatikik

Re: Patch notes 29/06/2019

Post#41 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:53 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:48 pm
Manatikik wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:43 pm
Grunbag wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:41 pm I think only 11 points tactic in skaven tree need a look for slayer (and choppa aswell) , maybe 50% chance to self Rez or a Aoe KD when the Rez trigger .

Choppa need something at left tree 5points , a armor debuff at 13points mid tree , Aoe damage component on chop fasta and a review of GtDC (problems only due to the pull being undefendable)

Remember that choppa and slayer are designed (by mythic) to be line breaker , which mean they should be able to breach tanks line (which is the case with several skills they have)
Meh imo 4 destro classes with an armor debuff (excluding morales) seems like enough to me no need to add another.
Yes a non stack armor debuff that requires rage drop to use that will be weaker than maras, BO, BG l, or the red eye corruption proc sounds like it will really tip the scales
Yea but ideally everything should be based around a group; so not every physical DPS should have all the tools they need. Giving 3/4’s of the pDPS on destro an armor debuff just doesn’t seem like good balance to me. I’d rather see Choppa get something more unique for a solution to 2h uniqueness and usefulness (though I don’t have a concrete idea on what that is).
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
DokB

Post#42 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:03 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:41 pm
DokB wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:32 pm Would another non stacking armour debuff even been beneficial at 13pts for Choppa? BG/BO/Mara will always be covering these.

would be nice to mix things up more especially and be less reliant on those 3 all the time

at the end of the day its about options and there's nothing wrong with that
Choppa/Slayer are by definition reliant on other classes though, more so than any other class in the game. An armour debuff that high in the tree just feels lacklustre in my opinion. Unfortunately I have no alternative suggestion, it’s hard to think of something unique and worth taking or just caving in and giving them a mirrored ability (such as ID).
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

TenTonHammer

Post#43 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:33 am

DokB wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:03 am
Choppa/Slayer are by definition reliant on other classes though, more so than any other class in the game. An armour debuff that high in the tree just feels lacklustre in my opinion. Unfortunately I have no alternative suggestion, it’s hard to think of something unique and worth taking or just caving in and giving them a mirrored ability (such as ID).
the only other suggestion that came up was an initiative debuff ala ASW but mara already has one

Machwar

Post#44 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:57 am

Arroswar -> Disciple of Khaine
Iwar -> Archmage

sioding
Game Master

Post#45 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:31 am

Machwar wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:57 am Deutsch Version

French Version
thanks for the reminder - its on the first post now.
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

sioding[at]returnofreckoning.com

Sulorie

Post#46 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:51 am

Manatikik wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:53 pm
TenTonHammer wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:48 pm

Meh imo 4 destro classes with an armor debuff (excluding morales) seems like enough to me no need to add another.
Yes a non stack armor debuff that requires rage drop to use that will be weaker than maras, BO, BG l, or the red eye corruption proc sounds like it will really tip the scales
Yea but ideally everything should be based around a group; so not every physical DPS should have all the tools they need. Giving 3/4’s of the pDPS on destro an armor debuff just doesn’t seem like good balance to me. I’d rather see Choppa get something more unique for a solution to 2h uniqueness and usefulness (though I don’t have a concrete idea on what that is).
2h choppa or to a lesser extend slayer doesn't need new skills. Their core problem is lack of tactic slots, as any exhaust build needs 1 of 2 rage modifying tactics per default.
Dying is no option.

Ysaran

Post#47 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:54 am

Grunbag wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:41 pm I think only 11 points tactic in skaven tree need a look for slayer (and choppa aswell) , maybe 50% chance to self Rez or a Aoe KD when the Rez trigger .

Choppa need something at left tree 5points , a armor debuff at 13points mid tree , Aoe damage component on chop fasta and a review of GtDC (problems only due to the pull being undefendable)

Remember that choppa and slayer are designed (by mythic) to be line breaker , which mean they should be able to breach tanks line (which is the case with several skills they have)
What's the problem with GTDC being undefendable? With Rampage up, all Slayer's ability are undefendable, but no one seems to care. One Choppa ability against the entire Slayer roster, lol
Zputadenti

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#48 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:59 am

13 points in 2h tree (2h requirement and rage drop) is not somewhere every choppa would spec . This is just to make the path viable . Slayer 13point could act like an armor debuff if you cleanse a armor buff , and choppa initially had this armor debuff in 9 pts left tree . Bring it back up on 13 wouldn’t be OP especially in mid tree
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#49 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:02 am

Ysaran wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:54 am

What's the problem with GTDC being undefendable? With Rampage up, all Slayer's ability are undefendable, but no one seems to care. One Choppa ability against the entire Slayer roster, lol
Just saying the issue is the pull undefendable in the funnel, cause unlike engi/magus pull , choppa pull has no low check
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ysaran

Post#50 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:54 am

Grunbag wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:02 am
Ysaran wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:54 am

Just saying the issue is the pull undefendable in the funnel, cause unlike engi/magus pull , choppa pull has no low check
What do you mean with "low check"?
Zputadenti