Recent Topics

Ads

[Choppa] Choppa's opinion about Choppa's pull

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ysaran

[Choppa] Choppa's opinion about Choppa's pull

Post#1 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:49 am

Hello fellows Choppa! I would like to hear your opinion about one of the more controversial features of this (beautiful) game: GTDC!
I would like to know what Choppas think about this ability: is it too strong? too weak? why you think so? how was your experience with this ability? in what environment do you use it (6v6, WBvWB, etc...)?

I know GTDC have many non-Choppa detractors which don't know how this ability work, so before to say my opinion I would like to dispel some false myth.

-it have 65ft range: totally false! GTDC have 40ft range. You can look on Builder or roll a Choppa and see it. If you have experienced something different it's lag fault.
-it doesn't give immunity: false, again. GTDC give immunity, stop spreading misinformation.
-it's the only ability which pull on z-axis: false! All pulls pull on z-axis. Every pull can make you stuck in walls. Every pull can pulls you through floor.
-it's the only pull that don't have minimum range: false! Engies/Magus pulls don't have minimum range!
-It hit super hard: false! GTDC damage it's the 4th in order between AoE ability. If something hit you hard then it wasn't GTDC, maybe Bring It On or Wild Choppin', but surely not GTDC.
-It's spammable: FALSE! GTDC have 20s CD. You can lower it by 5s with Chop Fasta and GTDC last 6s. So you can cast it every 9s. Still not spammable.
-it can by parried/blocked: FALSE! you can parry/block damage but you will still be pulled. the "pull part" of the ability is undefendable!
-it doesn't have a LoS check: false! it have a LoS check as every other pull.
It can't be countered: false! It is a channelling and thus you can interrupt it with disarm/disable/punt/pull/kd. In addition to use self-punt/punt & snare after being pulled will make you unreachable by Choppa.

Now, my (actual) opinion about GTDC:
I played most of the time in SC (both party and solo) and 12man. In these environment GTDC have his only utility in the pull. The damage is negligible considering that GTDC is a channelling and thus while you are using it you can't auto-attack or use other ability. In addition as soon you use GTDC everyone around will focus you with CC, so to use it mean to highly expose yourself.
BUT
in the last months I played mainly in semi-organized wb (FMJ, PnP, Giant Pink Blender, Solutar, and so on) and I see the potential of this ability. Putting together 3 or 4 Choppa using GTDC can really harm Order's wb BUT it still to not be this "IWinButton" that ppl think this ability is.
GTDC still need to be supported by other classes with higher damage output in order to be useful. If not supported, the target will just detaunt, pot and run back to healer.
In the end I think that this ability is ok as it is now. i'm not against replacing GTDC but the new ability should worth 13pt, to just say "remove it" is not a solution.

Obviously under this post there will be a lot of whine so, in case, just skip the whine and post your opinion!
Last edited by Ysaran on Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
Zputadenti

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: [Choppa] Choppa's opinion about Choppa's pull

Post#2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:48 am

It’s a dumb stupid ability, it was stupid on live, it was stupid after torq overbuffed it a it’s stupid even after they nerfed it

Pulls in general are a stupid ability, we have one single target and 1 AoE from mag/engie destro nor the game don’t need a third that’s like a combination of the 2

Remove the ability, give choppa a real WB spec and just like WE and Mara they should get a moral bomb M2 option

Hell take the crushing blows moral drain and give it to choppa in da wrecks tree as a replacement for keep it common or extra choppin and make crushing blows tactic something else for Mara

normanis

Post#3 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:49 am

well gtdc is nobrainer. and making bug fights pull in walls doors , no defense and so on.
on live it was root tactic its root u while u spam it. problem starts here when u move around and spam it pull in works inncorect ( if it was fixed than noone get stucked walls, doors, pullod from oil and so on- i mean all pulls. ppl like engi,magus bugging tham even more. when they cast it they move sides pr back and its cause stuck into walls, doors and so on)
i prefer infernal doom on my choppa and when u pull u got rooted to nod bugg out game even more.
p.s i know devs/gm will not do it. byt khm squig get pounce , before that no, shater limbs also get destro side . shadow warrior have pounce ( ia not shure about it byt heard) . is that so hard give choppa infernal doom? if dev team miror best abilities why they dont miror all?
infernal doom need 10sec cd and 5 sec long
i think kobs aoe wounds is similar to bg crimson death
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

normanis

Post#4 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:51 am

sad indrith waronline builder is disabled i can bring more stuff what was only order sided byt no destro
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

CountTalabecland

Post#5 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:32 pm

It is overpowered. Choppas use it in 1v1 fights as a free knockdown/interrupt. Pulls should be used to close a gap, not from 5ft or less away in a melee fight. The pull is way more useful as an undefendable interrupt/knockdown than anything else but with the bonus of not requiring rage management.

At least make it able to be parried.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

aa91837

Post#6 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:19 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:32 pm It is overpowered. Choppas use it in 1v1 fights as a free knockdown/interrupt. Pulls should be used to close a gap, not from 5ft or less away in a melee fight. The pull is way more useful as an undefendable interrupt/knockdown than anything else but with the bonus of not requiring rage management.

I can’t tell if you’re serious or not lmao
Nobody on the broken noob class

Jastojan

Post#7 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:39 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:32 pm It is overpowered. Choppas use it in 1v1 fights as a free knockdown/interrupt. Pulls should be used to close a gap, not from 5ft or less away in a melee fight. The pull is way more useful as an undefendable interrupt/knockdown than anything else but with the bonus of not requiring rage management.

What the...? Are you kidding or something? Are you talking about CHOPPA in 1vs1? Did you ever fight against "whole zone jumping" WL? (With his amazing "during texture chasing machine" = pet?) I think you should, then tell us, what is OP...

CountTalabecland

Post#8 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:42 pm

Jastojan wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:39 pm

What the...? Are you kidding or something? Are you talking about CHOPPA in 1vs1? Did you ever fight against "whole zone jumping" WL? (With his amazing during texture chasing machine = pet?) I think you should, then tell us, what is OP...
Dead serious. What does WL have to do with this btw? So whether or not the choppa pull is OP has to be balanced against WL? You must be joking or trolling.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
chokeanutsman

Post#9 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:47 pm

Nerf Choppa, when KOBS and White Lion get nerfed.

Then we will call it even. Same goes for destro and order, y'all need to look in the mirror before we talk about balance.

P.S WL is obnoxious specifically in SCs, KOBS morale drain is just as bad as Choppa in RvR. Is it so hard to see your own side's cheese?

Tesq

Post#10 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:48 pm

Mah

-its use in wb is generaly as interrupter /missplacing enemy wb this is what exel at, it is hard to counter due not being valid aoe punt in response to it as you would vs an engi/magus pull. Since it pull ppl one by one the counter to the missplacement is not fair as you potentialy give 1 ppl immunity vs 9 ppl immunity.

Its a brute force " deal with it" skill much like a rampage slayer. It is intended as such. The problem is not gtdc as the skill should create opportunity to kill in a meta where kill is hard via raw dmg buff/debuff and cc is the key. It's the ttk being too low in rvr not a CC being too powerfull in this case.

-in sc it is perfect as anti kite tool much like the ista pull pet provide to wl. Similar to case above the skillis not a problem but exatly as for slayer the aoe build viability to this extent is. Basicaly now both classes are equaly flawed with a omnicomprehensive build which can do all. Sound bad? How can no one provided something in BF to kill this aoe shenanigans? Or maybe someone had done it alredy.....who know... Belive in the heart cards...ehm...balance forum then.