Recent Topics

Ads

If WL singletarget dmg gets nerfed,do they get a stronger aoe then?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Josewales

Re: If WL singletarget dmg gets nerfed,do they get a stronger aoe then?

Post#111 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:52 pm

Quit whining about the pet. At least one can cleanse it by killing it. Think of it as a dot. Nuf said. Tired of the complaining. Kill the damn thing. I wish I could kill the dots that follow me around too. Geez. L2P!

Ads
Tesq

Post#112 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:54 pm

Josewales wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:52 pm Quit whining about the pet. At least one can cleanse it by killing it. Think of it as a dot. Nuf said. Tired of the complaining. Kill the damn thing. I wish I could kill the dots that follow me around too. Geez. L2P!
It can be kill too easy in group play... But nuke pug. It need both issues fix

Tesq

Post#113 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:00 am

adamthelc wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:59 pm
adapter wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:48 pm i already lost faith in this "balance" stuff...for how long has WL been a topic of discussion? way too long to remember, if someone in charge would of wanted it nerfed or balanced, it would of been a reality long ago, it's so easy to fix, just tweak some numbers here and there, boom u got it
One of the more fallacious posts I've seen. Do people actually think balance is easy? Or even actually achievable?
The hard part if fix the meccanic pet in term of balance
pet life vs movement speed vs CC.

Wl+per dmg instead just need a calculation to be brought on par with other classes. Just need to look rotation in 10 sec not saying it need a nerf, it may well need a buff in term of substain.

Manatikik

Post#114 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:11 am

Atropik wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:07 pm
Manatikik wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:51 pm I can’t tell if you’re trolling or just really that dense...
I am that dense, now enlight me.
As flavor said you can use paper doll for your initiative then getstats for CRITREDUCTION and do a little arithmetic. If you want to test that it does indeed work: grab a friend and use Crosscut/Overpowering Swing/Crimson Death on your negative chance to be crit and do the math. Pretty simple and obvious plus you don’t have to ‘attack each other thousands of times’ like idiots.

Seriously though, if you don’t know how a simple mechanic like crit works AND don’t understand how to test things to get the answers you need maybe you should not post on anything balance related. You obviously don’t know the game well enough to give educated input.
<Montague><Capulet>

Atropik

Post#115 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:27 am

Manatikik wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:11 am As flavor said you can use paper doll for your initiative then getstats for CRITREDUCTION and do a little arithmetic. If you want to test that it does indeed work: grab a friend and use Crosscut/Overpowering Swing/Crimson Death on your negative chance to be crit and do the math. Pretty simple and obvious plus you don’t have to ‘attack each other thousands of times’ like idiots.
Ok, here is the quest for you:
- A player with 25% crit rate hits the other player with - 10% (minus 10) chance to be crit. Paper doll says - 0.0% chance to be crit all the way. Getstats says - you have put all the same 45 rp for FS and now you have -27% flat crit dmg chance reduction.

Special task for Montague guy: prove that only 15% of hits are getting crit, not 15.6%, not 14.2%, not 17.4354%, exactly 15%, ok?

You can use all the getstats commands, crimson deaths and paper dolls you find.
Manatikik wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:11 amSeriously though, if you don’t know how a simple mechanic like crit works AND don’t understand how to test things to get the answers you need maybe you should not post on anything balance related. You obviously don’t know the game well enough to give educated input.
Arrogance, sweet arrogance. Naive montague newbies, i definitely love this place. xd
Nicelook | Obey

Flavorburst

Post#116 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:08 am

Josewales wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:52 pm Quit whining about the pet. At least one can cleanse it by killing it. Think of it as a dot. Nuf said. Tired of the complaining. Kill the damn thing. I wish I could kill the dots that follow me around too. Geez. L2P!
Please tell me that you are joking.

Manatikik

Post#117 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:28 am

Flavorburst wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:08 am
Please tell me that you are joking.
This entire thread is a dumpster fire quite honestly.
<Montague><Capulet>

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#118 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:00 am

Atropik wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:27 am
Ok, here is the quest for you:
- A player with 25% crit rate hits the other player with - 10% (minus 10) chance to be crit. Paper doll says - 0.0% chance to be crit all the way. Getstats says - you have put all the same 45 rp for FS and now you have -27% flat crit dmg chance reduction.

Special task for Montague guy: prove that only 15% of hits are getting crit, not 15.6%, not 14.2%, not 17.4354%, exactly 15%, ok?

You can use all the getstats commands, crimson deaths and paper dolls you find.
Paper doll is inaccurate - as is getstats, to some extent, as it doesn't always capture some percentage-based increases, but I can confirm that crit chance and reduced chance to be crit in the formula can be negative, as it's a signed integer. All stats are signed short (16-bit integer, 2 bytes), presently, The contested crit chance can be any value from -2147483648 to 2147483647.

Using your example:

Attacking player hits defending player.
The defending player's initiative is 170, so the defending player's base chance to be crit is (45 * 7.5+ 50) / 10 / ( 170 + 35) * 100 = 19% (rounded)
The defending player has -10% reduction from gear, and -17% from Futile Strikes. This subtracts -27% from the chance to be crit, which brings our chance to be crit down: 19 - 27.00 = -8
The attacking player has +25% chance to critically hit our defending player. This is added to the chance to be crit for the defending target. -8 + 25 = 17

A random number is generated between 0 and 100. If the random number is less than or equal to 17, you will successfully crit your target. If you roll a number above 17, you will avoid being critically hit.

Note we use integer math for critical hits chances, rounded to the first decimal. So if you have 17.5% chance to be crit, it will Round up to 18%.

Ads
normanis

Post#119 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:44 am

so if understand corectly my to be crit should be 0 , byt i still be crited from attackers side if he have more crit chance on me ( some clases steal iniative).
byt i dint get next part - each my attack generate random number from 0-100. so its like roll system i can roll 50-100 or 1-100/10-100 or even 99-100.
i always thought if u have 25% crit every 4th attack will crit based on your strenght and target defenses.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Fiskrens

Post#120 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:00 am

Atropik wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:29 pm
Fiskrens wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:17 pm but if CS is going to get nerfed then I want compensation in other areas, WL dps is pretty terrible as it is and a straight nerf to CS will just kill the class.
Almost forgot.

Cuase I never had CS on any of my toons, i want compensation. My choppa DPS is pretty terrible, no idea how did he survive without CS through 11 years of WHO, that was tough but no more.
I don't have stealth on my WL so I guess that's a massive imbalance then, Choppa already deal better dps than WL so I don't have much sympathy for your choppa. Make a WL and see for yourself, all you're doing is calling for nerfs to a class that can pretty much only perform in solo and smallscale.
Not that this is new though, destro players have been trying to destroy the class for years now.