Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
zulnam

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#61 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:35 pm

Thanks for all the hard work, devs! I’m sure more people appreciate it than it seems.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
Tellark

Post#62 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:19 am

@Ototo
Spoiler:
Ototo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:58 pm
Tellark wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:51 pm
marisco wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:38 pm

If you can "SIMPLY" do PvE to get the gear, than do it yourself too. It's not rocket science. People have worked to get gear, what's the big deal?

From what I've seen the complaints sound like "i don't want to do PVE for gear, so no one should too". It's kinda ridiculous.
tbh nobody wrote that people who like to do pve shouldnt do it.

It is more about that people who dont like to do pve sc or rvr should have another option to get the gear they want without doing stuff in their free time they dont want to do. But you are forced to do it if you want to play on a certain level.
If you want to play in that certain level, you have the time.

first of all you don't know how much time i have second it doesnt matter and third it has nothing to do with what i wrote...
marisco wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:23 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:43 pm Point is that there shouldn't be one-all, end-all part of the game that is encouraged, often at the expense of others; it's a pretty **** simple concept to grasp.
Tellark wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:51 pm It is more about that people who dont like to do pve sc or rvr should have another option to get the gear they want without doing stuff in their free time they dont want to do. But you are forced to do it if you want to play on a certain level.
Well, it has been like this for a while, hasn't it? You are forced to do RVR for Tank/Healer gear even if you don't want to. Or scenarios for offspec. It's not like you could get ANY set for ANY spec via ANY means before the PVE content.
Yes thats true. But it is still different if people maybe forced to do pvp content rvr or pvp content sc. Both is pvp just in different variation.
PVE is something complet different and that is the point.

There could be an soultion for that problem. You are able to get everything over every gameplay element. There is still the original gear for example sc gear and if you want to buy with this emblems pve / rvr gear you just need to pay x times more. Same for RVR normal price for rvr gear high prices for sc and pve gear. Same for pve normal prices for pve gear + a new medallion or emblem in bags that allows you to buy for a high price rvr or sc gear.
It is just an example how it could be done.

And dont get me wrong. Every new element and every new content is good for the game. I am sure there are people who enjoy pve.
But why it is still needed to force people do something they maybe dont want to do? The chance is high that this push players aways instead of bond them to the game.

Liandel

Post#63 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:46 am

Thank you for bringing back one of my favorite instances of all time! It was fun doing some higher-end challenging content again.

HOWEVER,

It seems like the aggro tables on the bosses in these dungeons is extremely bugged. On the final boss, I was attempting it with 2 KOTBS, myself (WL), and a SW. All the tanks slotted menace, and the DPS was detaunting on cooldown. All it took was a few hits with an autoattack or one direct damage ability and all aggro on the tanks was lost and our DPS would die immediately. One pull, I only hit detaunt on cooldown for literally 2 minutes and 2 S/B menace-slotted KOTBS who were guarding me couldn't get the aggro back.

This happened repeatedly throughout the instance, with random 1-shots from bosses due to aggro randomly dropping entirely from the tanks.

Please take a look at it. I appreciate difficult content, but wipes due to bugged aggro tables is false difficulty. We were doing everything right and still got wiped multiple times.
Liandel AKA Lednail. Chaos Wastes->Phoenix Throne->Gorfang->Badlands->Karak Azgal->Karak Norn->Badlands.
<Obliteration> , <Blitz> , <No Escape>, and <MymidonsX>

Ototo

Post#64 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:58 am

Tellark wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:19 am
Spoiler:
@Ototo
Spoiler:
Ototo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:58 pm
Tellark wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:51 pm

tbh nobody wrote that people who like to do pve shouldnt do it.

It is more about that people who dont like to do pve sc or rvr should have another option to get the gear they want without doing stuff in their free time they dont want to do. But you are forced to do it if you want to play on a certain level.
If you want to play in that certain level, you have the time.

first of all you don't know how much time i have second it doesnt matter and third it has nothing to do with what i wrote...
marisco wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:23 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:43 pm Point is that there shouldn't be one-all, end-all part of the game that is encouraged, often at the expense of others; it's a pretty **** simple concept to grasp.
Tellark wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:51 pm It is more about that people who dont like to do pve sc or rvr should have another option to get the gear they want without doing stuff in their free time they dont want to do. But you are forced to do it if you want to play on a certain level.
Well, it has been like this for a while, hasn't it? You are forced to do RVR for Tank/Healer gear even if you don't want to. Or scenarios for offspec. It's not like you could get ANY set for ANY spec via ANY means before the PVE content.
Yes thats true. But it is still different if people maybe forced to do pvp content rvr or pvp content sc. Both is pvp just in different variation.
PVE is something complet different and that is the point.

There could be an soultion for that problem. You are able to get everything over every gameplay element. There is still the original gear for example sc gear and if you want to buy with this emblems pve / rvr gear you just need to pay x times more. Same for RVR normal price for rvr gear high prices for sc and pve gear. Same for pve normal prices for pve gear + a new medallion or emblem in bags that allows you to buy for a high price rvr or sc gear.
It is just an example how it could be done.

And dont get me wrong. Every new element and every new content is good for the game. I am sure there are people who enjoy pve.
But why it is still needed to force people do something they maybe dont want to do? The chance is high that this push players aways instead of bond them to the game.
Answer is a couple pages previously:
Hargrim wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:21 pm
Tellark wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:48 pm I don't understand why people get forced to do pve when they want a certain piece of equip or play their toon in a certain way. I would understand it if you get in pve equip that makes you really good for pve but when it starts to make you good in pvp or give you gear you need to play for example your wp or dok as meele heal i dont understand it.
You are not forced to do anything.
And to be honest, I don't get why you guys are so upset about an item that will be bis for like 1 month or less. Eventually all bis items will be PvP, so quit complaining and either run the dungeons or don't. Your choice. But don't try to sell that your game is ruined by a min-maxing thing, cause it is not. Again, it's your choice to let 2 points of difference to ruin it or to not.
Spoiler:

peterthepan3

Post#65 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:16 am

Bloodlord sets are the new go-to for DPS healers and tanks. Whereas before the SC weapons may have been the go-to for some classes (yet in many cases, not), PvE will now be the go-to for this, too (assuming you wish to maximise your output). Factoring in both of the above, it leads one to believe that there doesn't seem to be a go-to reason for scenarios anymore.

Of course if you don't want to optimise your output/min-max this will have no effect on you, and you can carry on running around in green gear at rr80 to your heart's content.

Ototo

Post#66 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:41 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:16 am Bloodlord sets are the new go-to for DPS healers and tanks. Whereas before the SC weapons may have been the go-to for some classes (yet in many cases, not), PvE will now be the go-to for this, too (assuming you wish to maximise your output). Factoring in both of the above, it leads one to believe that there doesn't seem to be a go-to reason for scenarios anymore.

Of course if you don't want to optimise your output/min-max this will have no effect on you, and you can carry on running around in green gear at rr80 to your heart's content.
And another 2 logical fallacies, called "Black or White" and "Loaded Question". If you accuse someone of something, have at least the decency of not doing such thing.
Spoiler:

peterthepan3

Post#67 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:23 am

Ototo wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:41 am
peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:16 am Bloodlord sets are the new go-to for DPS healers and tanks. Whereas before the SC weapons may have been the go-to for some classes (yet in many cases, not), PvE will now be the go-to for this, too (assuming you wish to maximise your output). Factoring in both of the above, it leads one to believe that there doesn't seem to be a go-to reason for scenarios anymore.

And another 2 logical fallacies, called "Black or White" and "Loaded Question". If you accuse someone of something, have at least the decency of not doing such thing.
There's no point trying to discuss anything with you, man. Pure banga banga! :P Have a good night!

Aurandilaz

Post#68 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:50 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:43 pm
<-- has full Sentinel on BG and DOK, and intends to run Bastion Stair (because I have no other choice if I want to do things other than farm trashgeared lowbies), but nice strawman attempt regardless.

Point is that there shouldn't be one-all, end-all part of the game that is encouraged, often at the expense of others; it's a pretty **** simple concept to grasp.
You know, that's how its always been?
Best gear for many classes - RvR
Best weapons for many classes - Scs
Best gear for some niche classes - pve

You like Scs, so you have no issues with some gear being locked behind massive sc grind. Many people just take a look at Oppressor prices or the cost of farming hours needed for rr61 sc weapons, and just decide, "nope, dont have 200-500hours" just to get bit better stats.
No one bats an eye when many of the primary sets for dps/tanks/heals, are locked behind RvR progress, or Vanq/Invader grind. Vanq grind is even pretty easy, the Invader grind meanwhile next level masochism and being lucky to log in at right time assuming one realm has spent previous 4-8 hours pushing campaign so you can be lucky and get to enjoy endzone + fort leech.
Now PvE gear is slowly rising as a contender. Sure, Redeye was maybe good for some tank specs, but harsh reality is that Redeye for most classes sits in their bank accounts because it is a very niche gear with weird bonuses, for majority of classes. Sentinel, apart from 2-3 bonuses, also has weird 4pc-5pc-6pc-7pc bonuses, with many choosing to take usual 2-3 gear pieces and putting rest in bank. Maybe some specs benefited from Sent, like 2h tanks or dps healers, but healers, mdps/rdps, SNB tanks sighed, and kept farming it anyway for wards, despite knowing they would just put the gear into bank vault once finished.
Now again, with BS - some classes like dps heals or "balls to the walls" dps tanks, they gain considerable extra benefits from said gear, other classes just grind it and dump it in bank. With stats like Disrupt on WE/WH bonuses, you can just laugh at the gear. Maybe it will be mixed into 2-3 pc setups for some classes, but the gear bonuses tend to be weird at best for many classes.

The weapon seems like an upgrade (with nerf to subjus + nerf to city epic weapons it is an upgrade), so I guess that will be used at least. I think its just a pretty messed system, city weapons barely 1 month out, and now they already nerfed to oblivion so that next BS weapon can be bit better than them.

tldr - there has always been a split between gaining gear from rvr/scs/pve - even on live. I'd rejoice if my "mains" would get better gear from BS, but looks like I just farm it for wards and them dump it my bank, as was case with Redeye and Sentinel both.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#69 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:25 am

Liandel wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:46 am Thank you for bringing back one of my favorite instances of all time! It was fun doing some higher-end challenging content again.

HOWEVER,

It seems like the aggro tables on the bosses in these dungeons is extremely bugged. On the final boss, I was attempting it with 2 KOTBS, myself (WL), and a SW. All the tanks slotted menace, and the DPS was detaunting on cooldown. All it took was a few hits with an autoattack or one direct damage ability and all aggro on the tanks was lost and our DPS would die immediately. One pull, I only hit detaunt on cooldown for literally 2 minutes and 2 S/B menace-slotted KOTBS who were guarding me couldn't get the aggro back.

This happened repeatedly throughout the instance, with random 1-shots from bosses due to aggro randomly dropping entirely from the tanks.

Please take a look at it. I appreciate difficult content, but wipes due to bugged aggro tables is false difficulty. We were doing everything right and still got wiped multiple times.

It’s not bugged at all.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#70 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:27 am

Liandel wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:46 am Thank you for bringing back one of my favorite instances of all time! It was fun doing some higher-end challenging content again.

HOWEVER,

They are not buggy . What bosses are your referring to ? Lord slaurith have a special mechanic with aura and bloodpulse . Chorek and his juggernaut have a Aggro breaker too , so you need to swap Aggro . Kaarn have similar mechanic than on live for his Aggro and skull lord will punt occasionally his main target.
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer